What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 200GT-LINE

A

Anonymous

I like the idea, kind of. Yes it has the R exhausts, I prefer the quads IMO. And the mention of the red stitching inside sounds nice. However they've missed a big thing off of it for me which is the R spoiler, I quite like that!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
They clearly didn't have a warehouse full of R spoilers to use up. :eusa-think:

I agree about the quads, my preference too, but I think If they had put an R spoiler on, it would have looked too much like an R lookalike. I think this would have somehow de-valued actual R's, at least in street cred if not monetary value.

If they really needed to make a run-out model, I think they should have thrown a few more bits at it to make it stand out from the rest.
They could have given it quads as standard, maybe lowered it slightly, and put a bit of body kit on, so if you saw one, you would instantly know what it was.

Just my thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Ouch £550 all in, I'd grab one from my old man if I was that tempted and get it a hell of a lot less (runs a Peugeot dealership)

A

Anonymous

Bowerz said:
Ouch £550 all in, I'd grab one from my old man if I was that tempted and get it a hell of a lot less (runs a Peugeot dealership)

That's handy!! Yeah, also remember that these aren't colour coded so you'd need to get it sprayed. However, unless you have the connection that you do, RCZperformance is unlikely to be beaten on price.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Bowerz said:

That's handy!! Yeah, also remember that these aren't colour coded so you'd need to get it sprayed. However, unless you have the connection that you do, RCZperformance is unlikely to be beaten on price.

Yeh I don't doubt it, I was just shocked they were so much in the first place!

A

Anonymous

I actually think the original spoiler is better in keeping with the flow lines of the car.Pug had to do something with the exterior to make the R look different.I wouldnt expect them to put it on the run outs though. Just use the interiors and road wheels probably.I take it they sealed off the originals with no more nails. :eusa-whistle:

RCZ1

Reaction score
wrapper said:
I actually think the original spoiler is better in keeping with the flow lines of the car.Pug had to do something with the exterior to make the R look different.I wouldnt expect them to put it on the run outs though. Just use the interiors and road wheels probably.I take it they sealed off the originals with no more nails. :eusa-whistle:

The R needs a fixed spoiler to cope with the extra power that it's putting down to keep the rear end hunkered to the road. When you put your foot down hard, you can really feel the back end squat down. So much so that the front end feels a little light as If it is lifting, especially on a windy day.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
wrapper said:

The R needs a fixed spoiler to cope with the extra power that it's putting down to keep the rear end hunkered to the road. When you put your foot down hard, you can really feel the back end squat down. So much so that the front end feels a little light as If it is lifting, especially on a windy day.

Thr fixed rear spoiler was only fixed for high speed stability speeds of excess of 140mph, where the streamline body did not allow enough downforce with the standard spolier.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Biggyrick said:
RCZ1 said:
wrapper said:

Thr fixed rear spoiler was only fixed for high speed stability speeds of excess of 140mph, where the streamline body did not allow enough downforce with the standard spolier.

If you are accelerating hard and I mean hard, then you definitely need that fixed rear spoiler. Even when you are not travelling quite at 140mph.

frankvdb

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Biggyrick said:
RCZ1 said:

If you are accelerating hard and I mean hard, then you definitely need that fixed rear spoiler. Even when you are not travelling quite at 140mph.

Well you can't argue with the laws of physics; at lower speeds there won't be flowing enough air over the spoiler to generate noticeable down force. My thinking is that the shape was revised to produce higher down force at high speed which produced a shape that is no longer possible to retract in the boot as the original does.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I asked my main dealer if they were still getting any new RCZ's in while I was there today. They told me they had 1 GT Line in @ a week ago, they only had it in the showroom 2 days before it was sold.

Maybe Peugeot really have misjudged the market here :eusa-think:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
RCZ1 said:
Biggyrick said:

Well you can't argue with the laws of physics; at lower speeds there won't be flowing enough air over the spoiler to generate noticeable down force. My thinking is that the shape was revised to produce higher down force at high speed which produced a shape that is no longer possible to retract in the boot as the original does.
You are very correct sir. That spoiler is only for show up until something like 80 mph i would guess. Only from there on it makes a difference.