What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 200 THP not starting issue/Variable Valve timing issue?

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hello, looking for help from the knowledgeable folk on here for advice please

So I posted a few weeks ago on here about the car suddenly not starting, i suspected the battery control module but turns it it isn’t, The car turns over but won’t start. It’s had a new HPFP new lambda sensor fitted, The starter motor is fine it has a new battery and new spark plugs fitted as well and the battery control module works so it’s ruled all that out.

I spoke with the guy in the garage today, and according to his computers the main fault code is saying it’s the ( Variable Valve System - The Code is P1067P1048P1031P1030 )and with other codes suggesting ( short circuit to earth ) and ( open circuit ) so he needs to find the wiring for the variable valve lift system from the ECU to Motor and to the 2 Solenoids.

I offered to try help with sourcing out information on here from you guys for him to see if it can speed things along and of course help me save a bit money time wise since I have already spent a fortune on this car so the less time in the garage the better, If anyone has had this issue with there RCZ 200 or knows where to start looking for this issue I would be so greatful!
thanks in advance

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Also can I ask if anyone knows from experience, If the valve timing has failed and it’s not an electrical issue, how much would I be looking at to fix that roughly do you know ?
Thanks again

Pedro

Reaction score
VVT valves get dirty over time & their functionality can be affected surprisingly its not uncommon for these to fail as over time the seals begin to perish allowing crap to get inside the valve causing failure resulting in a new valve replacement
This fault could also be an issue with the cam/crank sensors these are important to the Valve timing if they become problematic Engine wont start due to timing being out of sync

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the input, Im having a hard time thinking that the valves are dirty or the seals are away as the car and the engine bay is immaculate, the car only just hit 40,000 miles and I’m the 2nd owner it hasn’t had a tough life. The garage would of spotted that also at this point I reckon. It must be the wiring issues or as u may have suggested there the Cam/crank sensors.

I just hoped maybe someone who has worked a lot on these cars or knows where to look for the wiring for this fault could point us in the right direction

Marmite

Reaction score
I also had problems with one of my vvt solenoid you have one at the back of the engine near the cam chain tensioner bank A an at the front bank B .
I had new chain an sprockets fitted as timing was out due to stretched chain I had this done but kept getting vvt solenoid fault open circuit. Now for the next bit as Pedro said they can get dirty but the problem I had is the plastic part had come loose inside it’s metal casing an this was causing the engine management light to keep coming on . So I would check these an put a new timing chain on if it’s stretched an replace the offending solenoid.
also when I got my new solenoid I glued the top to stop it doing it again .

Last edited:

Coenie

Reaction score
Hi RCZwonderboy. Iam sitting with the same problem now. I want to know where to look for the motor and solenoid to start tracing the wiring. My Diagnostic also gives the same error codes. Did you come right yet.