What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R for sale at auction

borsy89

Reaction score
Looks like it is sold on provisional, awaiting sellers response at £2600. With fees about £3k, bargain if they get it for that.
I was watching it and it looked like it bid up to £4500. Seems cheap for an R even CAT N. Wonder if anyone on here won it or would it be going back on?

Richk

Reaction score
Looks like it's been relisted for a new auction ending March 4th. Maybe final price didn't make reserve.

Richk

Reaction score
Looks like the way they work is set a reserve, accept bids then if it falls short ask highest bidder if they want to raise the offer then present it to the seller. If not hence it's looped back round for another auction.

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
I just won an Asphalt thp 200 from Copart Chester last Friday. I did see that R but the crazy wheels and other stuff put me off. My car didnt meet reserve but the insurance company eventually accepted my offer

Mikefrank

Reaction score
I'm so tempted to bid for the R but I'd rather view it in the flesh...they say the camera don't lie but some of the cars I've bought on ebay etc the camera does lie...love to know what the reserve is

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
I'm so tempted to bid for the R but I'd rather view it in the flesh...they say the camera don't lie but some of the cars I've bought on ebay etc the camera does lie...love to know what the reserve is
Copart dont let you visit the site anymore. You can pay £10 for a live video where you can ask questions and tell them to look at the car in real time. I will have another look

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
Just looked again at that R on Copart Chester. That has been put through by a member of the general public. Not an insurance company. I avoid these like the plague. In my opinion, they are usually put through because they are duffers and they just want rid without any come back. I personally wouldn't touch it but that's just my experience.

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Just looked again at that R on Copart Chester. That has been put through by a member of the general public. Not an insurance company. I avoid these like the plague. In my opinion, they are usually put through because they are duffers and they just want rid without any come back. I personally wouldn't touch it but that's just my experience.
I Remember a video on YouTube doing the rounds of a guy doing an R up from damage I'm wondering is it the same one as there's only a handful in the country...

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
I Remember a video on YouTube doing the rounds of a guy doing an R up from damage I'm wondering is it the same one as there's only a handful in the country...
I think the guy you are talking about is Phil from Serious about Salvage on You Tube. He did a grey R with rear damage. He sold it to a subscriber of his channel if I remember correctly? Seems a nice and honest guy. That car had rear damage. Have a look if your interested? Cheers

Richk

Reaction score
That explains the mess where the badge was, looks like the filling and blending has been damaged so filler has been raked out. Why would a private seller put it through a Copart auction though ? Thought Copart only dealt with insurance cars.

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
That explains the mess where the badge was, looks like the filling and blending has been damaged so filler has been raked out. Why would a private seller put it through a Copart auction though ? Thought Copart only dealt with insurance cars.
No Copart sells private buyers cars also. You can sell for a variety of reasons.
To name a few:
Dont want the hassle of selling privately.
No comeback if the car is knackered.
Plus others..........

Richk

Reaction score
Didn't realise that, see auction has ended again as pending so assume it didn't reach reserve again.

Richk

Reaction score
I don't know, forgot it was ending Friday and when I looked it just said auction ended, sales status on approval so assume it didn't make reserve again so awaiting seller response.

Kerr

Reaction score
I suspect the car was previously a write off and the seller realised the work was too much. He's sent it back through the auction looking straighter than it did previously, but masking the damage.

There is this website.

It might have the history of a previous salvage auction if that is what happened.

borsy89

Reaction score
Just checked on there and it looks like its back on (cant miss those rims) and auction ends tomorrow. It go back up today or did it go on over the weekend as it says 20 hours left?

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks odd with just the badge off it may have a nightmare lower down & there is no telling the Engine is in sound condition plus if you get one of that's been thrashed it will need a new clutch straight away

Richk

Reaction score
I would have took a punt at £3-4k if you could personally view and check it pre auction but looks like he is after a lot more.

Pedro

Reaction score
Copart is "Sold as seen per the data sheet" unless they have changed their Auction criteria but I doubt you would be allowed to inspect the damage