What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pre Wash

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
Just doing a bit more research into all things detailing and compiling a wishlist and have a question or 2. Is it ok to use iron x and rinse off with a hose pipe as on the clean your car site it says to use a pressure washer? Secondly, is it advisable to use iron x as well as a tar remover? Apologies for the detailing newbie questions :roll:

Yes, I do exactly this. Hosepipe works fine and no issues/staining, even with white paintwork!

A

Anonymous

Cheers Dan ;) reassuring to know that a hose will suffice :smile:

A

Anonymous

And bin any microfibre cloths that you use to agitate the stuff as soon as you're done!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
And bin any microfibre cloths that you use to agitate the stuff as soon as you're done!
Sounds like that's experience talking Riz ;) top tip so thanx

A

Anonymous

And a clothes peg for ur noise. Now the bottles say now smelling of cheery or lemon but it don't smell like anything but 5 week old rotten eggs u've been warned.

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
And a clothes peg for ur noise. Now the bottles say now smelling of cheery or lemon but it don't smell like anything but 5 week old rotten eggs u've been warned.
:lol: noted thanx Mac, I'll get 2 pegs in that case :lol:

A

Anonymous

Update.

Well I now have my garden hose, pressure sprayer, neat box to keep most of it all in and just placed an order for the following: valet pro advanced neutral snowfoam, 2x dodo juice soft touch premium drying towel, meguiars smooth surface clay kit, Super Resin Polish and trix.

Spent a small fortune so my current brushes and microfiber wool wash mitt will have to do. Lets see how I get on when it arrives.........gulp! :roll:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Your going to be busy then lol.

Looking at the pics of your car, the paintwork looks stunning already. But with all that it will look even better :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
What are you using as a top coat ? Wax or sealant and which one?
Was going to get dodo juice orange crush (or something along those lines) wax young lady :)

A

Anonymous

Update:

All goods delivered, in less than 24hrs and ready to rock, this weekend is gonna be busy :grin:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
Update:

All goods delivered, in less than 24hrs and ready to rock, this weekend is gonna be busy :grin:

I think I'll be busy at Woburn Abbey or similar, so can't assist you :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well today was the day and all I can say is wow................I'm knackered! But Amber defo looks and feels amazing :grin:

A good friend at work kindly printed off and laminated RCZ1's guide and it helped lots. Big thanks to you Kerry for taking the time to write such a comprehensive guide to detailing, even though all the other residents thought I was a weirdo :lol: Thank you as well for pointing me in the direction of the pre wash/snowfoam. It really did work well as I saw the muck start to break down instantly! It goes a hell of a long way too so plenty more washing to be done.

Thanks also goes to bigmac for pointing me in the direction of trix! That stuff was amazing at removing tar spots and other contaminants but you weren't joking about the smell were you folks, jeez that stuff smells rank :-o but I would highly recommend it!

Thanks one and all for introducing me to detailing, need a week off to recover but sooooo worth it :beer:

A

Anonymous

A great job fantastically well done. Looks amazing Chuzz ma man!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Lovely reflections of the sky young man :thumbup: You've done a great job. Car looks fantastic. All your hard work was worth it :) :thumbup:

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/
It sure was worth it and I know I'm going to sleep well tonight :lol: Only to wake up tomorrow morning for Amber to be covered in conifer pollen :lol: