What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Poor Air Con

A

Anonymous

Fingers crossed for an easy solution, Jactac.

Kerry, thanks :thumbup: Seems I had a flakey understanding of climate control. I knew it provided heat too unlike air-con but hadn't realised it was an automatic way of maintaining it to a preset setting. I think I'd assumed "climate control" was just fancy-dan marketing blurb because it did heat and cooling rather than automatically maintaining it :)

richard.au

Reaction score
Just because it was mentioned, the mono button reverts split temperatures to the driver's temperature selection.

I most always have the windows up and the ac on. Even if the windows are down for a while, I rarely think to turnoff the ac.

I set auto, then dial the temp, 19 was the lowest on a hot sweltering 40 degree Sydney day.

Now, during winter, I generally leave it around 22.

But, since my engine temp sensor has been playing up (about to be replaced), I've found the temperature control to be a little 'weird'.

Is your car temp always dead centre? Mine was till the sensor started playing up. Now it's rarely centered, sometimes, just not reliable. And the ac seems affected.

A

Anonymous

Mine's always dead centre, both the new one just fitted last week and the old faulty one except when that one played up and it went to max for a few seconds. I don't think it was ever faulty long enough at any one stretch to affect the aircon but it sounds like yours may well affect the aircon too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Can you get access to a digital thermometer on a wire?

I got myself one when I thought the AC wasn't working in one of my 306s, just popped the wire into the vents and waited to see if the temps came down - it did but not enough :) - got it recharged with new gas and it made such a difference.
Have you been using your AC periodically all through the year, even when it's not hot? You really need to to that to get the best out of it.

I do have a thermometer here some where for the aircon, it's not a wired type, it's a long needle with a gauge on the end that you slide into the vents. My son was the last person to use it and now I cannot find it, typical kids eh :roll:

I dont use the air con through out the year, and as you say I think it needs to be used to keep it at it's best. I'm guessing that the gas has gone flat on the system.

Theres also a bit of a "wet dog smell" after I turn off the air con , which lingers for a few mins :?

I was giving my mother a lift to the hospital the other day and within a few seconds of turning off the air con it smelt like "Scooby Doo" had crawled from under the seat. :?
My dear old mother's nose was twitching like a rabbits, but she didn't have the heart to say anything, I think she thought I had a gas problem, and not the air con :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
Just because it was mentioned, the mono button reverts split temperatures to the driver's temperature selection.

I most always have the windows up and the ac on. Even if the windows are down for a while, I rarely think to turnoff the ac.

I set auto, then dial the temp, 19 was the lowest on a hot sweltering 40 degree Sydney day.

Now, during winter, I generally leave it around 22.

But, since my engine temp sensor has been playing up (about to be replaced), I've found the temperature control to be a little 'weird'.

Is your car temp always dead centre? Mine was till the sensor started playing up. Now it's rarely centered, sometimes, just not reliable. And the ac seems affected.

Richard,
The temp sensor is always dead center at normal driving conditions, it never fluctuates.
Also I'm sure I read on here some where in the past that the mono button either reduces or increases the temps slightly, when it is used..
I cant remember exactly what was said. I know it is supposed to divert or splits the temps. But to be honest when ever I've used the mono button I cannot feel any difference at all :eusa-think:

So what exactly is it's function :?:

richard.au

Reaction score
Mono will put the passenger temperature back to driver control. Unless you're passeneger chooses a different temp, you will never need worry about it. But if you want to equalize the dual zone temp after it was changed, hit mono. Just setting the passenger temp to the driver temp will not sync the controls otherwise.

(I think used too many words there to describe 'mono' :) )

A

Anonymous

The rcz air con is not as cold as my Toyota IQ used to be also while we are having a grumble the rear windscreen heater used for demisting isn't as quick either.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.