What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Poor Air Con

A

Anonymous

We've recently had some hot weather here in Swansea and I'm using the air con more than normal, I dont really bother with the climate control as I find the air is colder with just the "air con" selected, however it has become obvious that the chilled flow of air from the vents is rather poor, and definitely not as cold as my old VW Polo or my sons BMW.
Sometimes it just feels like "normal" air flow.

In fact I dont think it has ever been chillingly cold, not like some air cons I've experienced :eusa-think:

Has anyone else had concerns about their air con on the Z, and also would a gas refill be covered under warranty :?:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm a cold bird and find that it keeps the interior cool on a warm day but then I do use the climate control, not just a/c, all the time. It's very rare I have it less than 19, both sides. The times I've had it on 18, it was way too cold !

A

Anonymous

It's Monday morning and I'm probably just being dense!...but air con AND climate control? I thought the RCZ only had air con? I can't see any mention of climate control in the handbook.

But to the problem at hand, either the refrigerant needs checking, or the pollen filters may have become clogged restricting the air flow around the system.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Climate control is Air con, but you set the temperature you want to the degree rather than just hot or cold. In the RCZ its dual zone, hense the two temperature displays :)

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
How old is your car? As I think it should be checked every 12 months.

2 years old, but it's not been the best air con since I bought it.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Id take it to kingsway tyres or something, as im sure its them that say if they cant reduce the temperature by 10-20% they will do it for free.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I'm a cold bird and find that it keeps the interior cool on a warm day but then I do use the climate control, not just a/c, all the time. It's very rare I have it less than 19, both sides. The times I've had it on 18, it was way too cold !

wow, i put mine on "lo" and it's still just only cool/warmish

RCZ1

Reaction score
stevebasshead said:
It's Monday morning and I'm probably just being dense!...but air con AND climate control? I thought the RCZ only had air con? I can't see any mention of climate control in the handbook.

But to the problem at hand, either the refrigerant needs checking, or the pollen filters may have become clogged restricting the air flow around the system.

Steve, it works like climate control if you have Auto button on and A/C button on together. Keeps an ambient temperature to whatever you have set. Taken from the manual:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
RCZ1 said:

There's definitely something wrong there then! 17/18 is comfortable for me unless we get a weekend like the one just gone when 14/15 was perfect, even for my better half and she hates the cold.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Climate control is Air con, but you set the temperature you want to the degree rather than just hot or cold. In the RCZ its dual zone, hense the two temperature displays :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a difference between climate control and standard air con.

Standard air con is a set temperature, but climate control measures the cabin temperature then automatically adjusts to the temps set by the driver.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a cool setting is colder when set on standard air con as opposed to when set on climate control :eusa-think:

Also the Z, as you know has optional mono temp setting, again I think this affects the coldness of air con and climate.

I think I will take the car in to be checked out anyway, as the coldest level is pants at the moment, and has been for ages.
May be I'm just comparing it cars with good air con though. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
jactac said:
RCZ1 said:

There's definitely something wrong there then! 17/18 is comfortable for me unless we get a weekend like the one just gone when 14/15 was perfect, even for my better half and she hates the cold.

Yeah Steve gonna ring the dealer now for booking.
Ps.
The pollen filter was recently changed on the 2nd year service.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
stevebasshead said:

Steve, it works like climate control if you have Auto button on and A/C button on together. Keeps an ambient temperature to whatever you have set. Taken from the manual:

So K, is the coldest temp, colder in Auto or colder when just using the air con toggle.

I never use the Auto toggle, because it tends to go into hurricane mode if I set it for cold.

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
RCZ1 said:
stevebasshead said:

So K, is the coldest temp, colder in Auto or colder when just using the air con toggle.

I never use the Auto toggle, because it tends to go into hurricane mode if I set it for cold.

I don't know the answer to that question as I don't ever have just the A/C on.

A

Anonymous

I'll give it a go the way you do yours over the next few days to see if there's an improvement.

A

Anonymous

Can you get access to a digital thermometer on a wire?

I got myself one when I thought the AC wasn't working in one of my 306s, just popped the wire into the vents and waited to see if the temps came down - it did but not enough :) - got it recharged with new gas and it made such a difference.
Have you been using your AC periodically all through the year, even when it's not hot? You really need to to that to get the best out of it.