What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 308 R

A

Anonymous

Just passed my first 308 (in silver) on the road and i was suitably impressed. That's a smart looking car.

A

Anonymous

Ok...I literally just posted this as I was leaving the bank and then noticed another just up the road so zipped over to take a quick pic. Not great pics but gives you an idea I guess.

A

Anonymous

And no that's not a horrible attempt by me to park but I just jumped out to grab the pics... :p

A

Anonymous

Did anybody look at u like u where slightly mad abandoning ur car in the middle of the road to take a pic of a Peugeot ;) saw a silver 1 and had a double take to realise wot it was not a bad effort pug.

A

Anonymous

:lol: It did cross my mind what others might be thinking but you see what I'm willing to do for this forum...?! That and the fact that that road is always dead made it a no brainer!!

A

Anonymous

Not a bad shout Max. I think the Pug drops vertically at a sharper angle but quite an astute comparison.

A

Anonymous

Well had a good poke around one while my car was being serviced today and I was really impressed. The interior build quality is superb and I love the minimalist interior with nearly everything being controlled centrally through the centre console touchscreen. That said, you'd potentially face a lot of issues/difficulties should it fail!! One criticism though, I really don't like the ultra small steering wheel that it shares with the 208. It's almost comically small. Perhaps it's nice to drive with but it's oft criticised of the 208 so can't see why they've plumped for it. It looks even more ridiculous in the 308's more spacious cabin.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I didn't mind the steering wheel at all. Thought it was nice being that small, never gave it a second thought.

The touchscreen tho is too slow and unresponsive. It sort of "lags" like an old computer. If you compare it to the newer HD screens in other cars like BMW's or the likes you get really depressed :( If they improved that it would be great tho!

A

Anonymous

I'm not really terribly interested in it until there is an engine that an compete with a Golf GTI. The current range is poor...petrol engine maxing out with a 125BHP at present. :(

renegade79

Reaction score
So when I went back to my dealer yesterday to pick up my 208 GTi after it's service the dealer had it parked up beside a 308 GTi. I suspect this was a sales ploy as There are only 3 of these Cars in the country and two of them are owned by Peugeot HQ. Anyway, the sales guy caught me peering in the window and he ran out with the keys! He let me have a spin in it unaccompanied!! I have to say it's a fine car. It feels like a heavier, faster, bigger version of the 208GTi. I was suitably impressed until I heard the price... wait for it... he wanted €42,000. :crazy:

So, I drove home depressed in the knowledge that I will probably never own that car! (Heads off to VW dealer to get a Golf GTi instead) :eusa-whistle: