What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 308 R

A

Anonymous

I think it looks promising. Looks like the b@$*!*d child of a Golf GTI and AMGcMerc A Class. With an estimated 278 BHP, it'll rub shoulders nudge with some of the big boys in the class. It does have another comedy steering wheel, this time looking like it belongs in Corgi model.

A

Anonymous

Looks very Seat to me but that's not a bad thing as the current 30 wot every has to be the most boring euro box around :-(

A

Anonymous

Golf GTi in Peugeot drag.

Not that there's anything wrong with that :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Peugeot now finally understanding what the petrol heads want: "Poooowwwwweeer!!!"

Love it!

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Peugeot now finally understanding what the petrol heads want: "Poooowwwwweeer!!!"

Love it!

I totally read that in a Jeremy Clarkson voice

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Its a bit strange, it looks very boy racer, but most boy racers who want a peugeot would get a 208 gti. I guess its for people trying to ween themselves off being one lol. I like it though :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

A couple more pics of it:

A

Anonymous

She looks distinctly bored, I hope her employer doesn't see the pics :?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I must say that is actually a very good looking car. It sort of gets better and better the more you see it! :D

Tomas_90

Reaction score
A dealership here nearby had a demoweekend of the new 308 so naturally i had to go test drive it today :D

Not the R ofc but the standard car :)

It was alright for a normal car really. The one i drove had the newly developed THP 125 engine which they said will be the big seller in the petrol range. Have to say it felt slow tho, but obviously i'm used to the RCZ so it's hard to tell. I think it actually was quicker than it felt.

Suspension was very soft but still very steady on the road. And the steering was so light! When i got into my RCZ afterwards it felt like there was no power steering at all in it! :lol:

It also had a new gearbox that revved almost 1000 RPM less than the RCZ at 120 km/h which was very nice for motorway driving.

All in all i thought it was a good car overall. The touchscreen is a bit stupid and unnecessarily complicated but otherwise it's fine. It's just lacking the 270 bhp and some more interesting styling i.e. the R..... :)