What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pairing an Iphone (and similar process for all phones)

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
Anyone had any problems with their phone failing to pair up to the car? Lately, I find my phone intermittently pairs with the car but then it looses connection or won't connect at all. Very annoying. I've tried deleting and re-pairing but it still happens!

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Yup, this happened to me ALL the time. Mentioned it to the dealer during various visits but they never found a fix.

TAC

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I had a few problems pairing up to start with, but since then it's been fine. Just had to have a new iPhone6, the 1st one died after just 8 weeks, less reliable than an RCZ. This one paired 1st time.

Has anyone else noticed the device shown on the iPhone is "Citroen" when it pairs with the Z !!!. :wtf:

Mine shows Peugeot when paired with my blackberry :cool:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Mine shows peugeot in the z but I dont have nav. And it shows as touchscreen in the 308

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So..... Could it be the Nav that is causing the Citroen handle? :eusa-think:

Has Anyone else with Nav had any other names showing on paired devices? Or are they all showing Citroen?

renegade79

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
renegade79 said:
Anyone had any problems with their phone failing to pair up to the car? Lately, I find my phone intermittently pairs with the car but then it looses connection or won't connect at all. Very annoying. I've tried deleting and re-pairing but it still happens!

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Yup, this happened to me ALL the time. Mentioned it to the dealer during various visits but they never found a fix.

Well, today all was fine, the phone connected no problem. it's just intermittent lately but I generally have no problem. I first noticed it when i was listening to music from usb port, and when it was changing from one album to the other it shut down and disconnected. when i went to do the same task a few days later the same happened. it made me wonder is there a dodgy music file on the usb that causes the system to disconnect.

renegade79

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I had a few problems pairing up to start with, but since then it's been fine. Just had to have a new iPhone6, the 1st one died after just 8 weeks, less reliable than an RCZ. This one paired 1st time.

Has anyone else noticed the device shown on the iPhone is "Citroen" when it pairs with the Z !!!. :wtf:

would you recommend the 6 then dkz5745? i'm due an upgrade :D

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Where do you keep the phone? I know it should wprk from the boot, but maybe try putting it right next to the radio?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When it's working its a great phone. Touchscreen very responsive and fantastic picture quality. I am unfortunately with Vodafone & have little or no signal most of the time :cry:

The first one went very dodgy, shutting down & re starting with a red screen. Apple exchanged it for another new one with no hassle at all. I had the 5 previously & my BH has the 4s.

I had the Galaxy S previously, which was a great phone, but iOS is a much better Gui than Android IMO.

I have the 4.7 cos I thought the plus was just too big for a phone. I have an iPad air so couldn't see the point in a giant phone too.

Yes, I would recommend the 6 :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Where do you keep the phone? I know it should wprk from the boot, but maybe try putting it right next to the radio?

Mine is normally either in the slot in the dash below the head unit, or just in my pocket. It seems to work fine wherever it is.

I have also paired my BH's iPhone 4s and that also works fine.

TAC

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

Has Anyone else with Nav had any other names showing on paired devices? Or are they all showing Citroen?

Nay I have Nav so it's probably that cheap phone :wave:

renegade79

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:

normally in my pocket but sometimes on a cradle mounted in the side window airvent. i might try that though.

i have the 5 but i'm tempted by the 6. its a slick looking phone. in gold of course :lol:

tianorth

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

I thought I'd called my car tia2 but have not checked since doing firmware update.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
i have the 5 but i'm tempted by the 6. its a slick looking phone. in gold of course :lol:

I have the gold of course :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
TAC said:
DKZ5745 said:

Nay I have Nav so it's probably that cheap phone :wave:

If you p r I c k me, do I not bleed ? :shock: :lol: :geek:

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Mine shows up as "BT Radio" when I pair it (MK1, late 2012 Sport 200, non satnav)

V12MHL

Reaction score
Hi, just joined the RCZ club and was wondering does anyone know why I can’t play the music on my phone through the media unit, the phone paired ok for calls, but can’t play my music, it’s an iPhone 8. Hope someone can help.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Which head unit do you have?
From memory, you're out of luck on the NG4. I think there is a way around but requires a dongle and other bits.

V12MHL

Reaction score
Which head unit do you have?
From memory, you're out of luck on the NG4. I think there is a way around but requires a dongle and other bits.
Hi, yes it’s the NG4, gutted, looks like I’ll have to purchase a new unit and replace the centre dash one.

Thanks for the reply.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, yes it’s the NG4, gutted, looks like I’ll have to purchase a new unit and replace the centre dash one.

Thanks for the reply.

Be prepared for a lot of faffing with that one. Especially if you have the JBL upgrade.
Peugeot like to make it as difficult as possible to replace head units. Even as far back as 2001 when I had my 406 I needed about 3 patch leads to make an Alpine head unit work in it.

It never bothered me in my RCZ that had the NG4, I just bought a USB stick and put music on that. My GT86 has Bluetooth streaming but I just use the same USB stick.