What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pairing an Iphone (and similar process for all phones)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tips folks. I managed to get the phone paired. For anyone else with trouble here is the sequence.

On IPhone go in to Bluetooth
iPhone will pick up the Peugot. Click the Peugot.
The screen on RCZ will ask if you want to initiate pairing. Press yes.
Screen on RCZ will ask for a code. Input 0000
On the IPhone you will be asked to input authorisation code. Enter 0000.
And that's it.

The iPhone should connect automatically from now on. :beer:

renegade79

Reaction score
Anyone had any problems with their phone failing to pair up to the car? Lately, I find my phone intermittently pairs with the car but then it looses connection or won't connect at all. Very annoying. I've tried deleting and re-pairing but it still happens!

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

renegade79

Reaction score
Anyone had any problems with their phone failing to pair up to the car? Lately, I find my phone intermittently pairs with the car but then it looses connection or won't connect at all. Very annoying. I've tried deleting and re-pairing but it still happens!

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had a few problems pairing up to start with, but since then it's been fine. Just had to have a new iPhone6, the 1st one died after just 8 weeks, less reliable than an RCZ. This one paired 1st time.

Has anyone else noticed the device shown on the iPhone is "Citroen" when it pairs with the Z !!!. :wtf:

tianorth

Reaction score
The few times I did connect I had the initial connection for awhile then lost connection, turned bluetooth off and back on and reconnected.

Don't have to do it now as updated the firmware to 2.80 and it seems to have fixed it.

A

Anonymous

Both my Galaxy Note 1 and Galaxy Note 3 occasionally lost/lose connection so I suspect it's a car issue rather than a phone specific one. Deleting and re-pairing seems to be the only fix.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
tianorth said:
The few times I did connect I had the initial connection for awhile then lost connection, turned bluetooth off and back on and reconnected.

Don't have to do it now as updated the firmware to 2.80 and it seems to have fixed it.

That might explain why I had initial problems, but all is good now...... I have also updated firmware to 2.8 (thanks to Chris) so perhaps a bug In the older software that has now been fixed :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Still shows "Citroen" on the iPhone pairing though :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Still shows "Citroen" on the iPhone pairing though :eusa-think:

may be some Citroen is near waiting for pairing? :D

You have RT6/NG4 or just radio?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
CheBurashka said:

I have the RT6 as the car has the Nav Pack. Maybe I have a rare Citroen RCZ & maybe Peugeot stole the whole idea from them? :eusa-think:

No, forget that, spotted a Peugeot badge on the back :eusa-whistle:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
CheBurashka said:

I have the RT6 as the car has the Nav Pack. Maybe I have a rare Citroen RCZ & maybe Peugeot stole the whole idea from them? :eusa-think:

No, forget that, spotted a Peugeot badge on the back :eusa-whistle:

Maybe the firmware used to upgrade was for citroen systems? As they are the same systems, it would only take a program writer a few minutes to change "Peugeot" to "Citroen" :)

I noticed that the system in the new Cactus thingy is the same as in my new 308.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I blame Chris! It was his disk I used to upgrade the firmware. (Although it said Citroen on my iPhone pairing screen before I used his disk)

I think you are right, there is obviously a "common" software system used, but it's odd if I am the only one who has Citroen showing as device detected. I would have expected all of you to say, yes mine shows that too. I am a bit surprised there.

But it's hardly something to go running to the dealer with. It works fine, & I have always been a firm believer in "if it's not broke don't try & fix it". :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
Just switched on my Bluetooth (in house not car) and it has 2 items, my mates phone and citroen, just realised that's not my sister's car but the rcz.

So happened on mine as well.
I thought I had renamed the car to help me identify which I was connecting to.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I knew it was all your fault Chris :lol:

Dodgy cheap disks, did you get it on Fleabay? :shock:

I'm just going to look for a Citroen badge for the back of the car, that will sort it out. (Might confuse a few other people too :eusa-think: )

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yep, definitely getting a Citroen badge for the back. Might even be able to get one of their dealers to admit the jacking points are a Citroen design fault :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Weird! You would have thought that they would have all emitted the same BT ID