What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P15A6 and P0948 codes

phillipn

Reaction score
I also found this.

Rem. oil pump solenoid valve kit. Elimination of oil leakage. - Peugeot 308 (1G), 1.6 liters, 2010 | DIY | DRIVE2

its seems like a peugeot/Citroen recall but they not mention anywhere and looks like some dealer do replace with this. I read the post and comments. If you read the comments translate to english the guy say if you only want to install this repair kit to fix the oil leak you dont need to remove the oil pan. Looks like this kit not only fix the oil leak but also make life easier to replace the oil pump valve in future.

The FAP is a great apps you can try it out the FAP lite on android market place let me know if you want the full version and i'll see if i can send you the link to get it. but your apps seems to do just fine.

Last edited:

phillipn

Reaction score
i have attached the FAP app before and after the oil valve change. This is taken when cold startup at idle. The faulty valve you can see pressure is very high between 6200mb - 6800mb at cold idle and the valve sometime just pulsading between 0%-99% continously compared to when the new valve is installed the valve is working between 50% to 70% which is how it suppose to work.

Also the pics with my old valve and its part number.

Also some pics to show you how the whole valve is now sitting inside the oil pan.
I guess if you going to replace the valve and dont have this kit install you might as well install this kit it will make life easier in future to replace the oil valve if it failed.

Attachments

• 20230418_131128.jpg
    20230418_131128.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230418_131133.jpg
    20230418_131133.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230418_132148.jpg
    20230418_132148.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230418_132223.jpg
    20230418_132223.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 22
  • FAP_after_valve_change.jpg
    FAP_after_valve_change.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 22
  • FAP_before_valve_change.jpg
    FAP_before_valve_change.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 23

Valex

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the information :) !
Looks really strange that all the solenoid valve cable and connector is going to stay inside the oil pan with all the oil around o_O.
I'm curious to see how it will be on my car. If I do not have this reparation kit modification already present I think I will just cut the two wires, solder them and use some heat shrink tubing with adhesive for a perfect sealing.

Regarding the FAP app, I was trying to install it yesterday. Google store says it isn't available for my device because it was made for an older version of a Android :rolleyes:.
I will try it on my old phone :p.

Last edited:

phillipn

Reaction score
You should ring up Peugeot dealer in your country to check whether your car is on the recall list for the oil leak valve opening. If it is you can get them to do for free. Its seems like it is a valid parts from Peugeot, i guess some people do complain about the oil leak thats why they make this kit.

re the FAP app i am currently using the galaxy S8 so its pretty new android when i can find the link i let you know.

I also checked that oil is a poor conductor of electricity so i think the cable and plug inside the pan is ok otherwise Peugeot wont even make this repair kit cable.

Valex

Reaction score
I think the engineer that designed the motor didn't know where the wheel shaft was going to be when everything was assembled :oops: .
When they started to see that you need to remove everything just to pull out the valve cable they made that reparation kit :rolleyes:.
The Peugeot dealer is not going to see me again, also if is for a free job. Maybe you read on my previous post, they ask me 2000 Euro to replace this solenoid valve o_O.

Back to the FAP App I saw a video where on Amazon App shop there is the Lite and the full version of this app.
You should try Can Scanner Pro, it is also with the possibility to select the ECU Bosch MED 17.4. I bought the full version of it. Really happy with this App.

Last edited:

phillipn

Reaction score
wow thats a ripped off. My mobile mechanic only charged me $200aud for the thermostat replacement 1.5hrs job and $250aud to change the oil pump valve solenoid knowing that he may also need to remove the drive shaft to access to the connector point. But lucky for him he don't need to remove the drive shaft. so its a 1hr job. I can do it myself if I knew this.

I think the Car Scanner Pro app is pretty good too.

Valex

Reaction score
Finally a weekend with nice weather so I took my time to do the job :)!
Friday evening, just back from work, I placed the car on the two ramps, opened the drain plug and let the oil drain for all night. Took the time also to replace the oil filter.
Saturday morning I removed the 16 bolts that keep the oil pan. Two bolts are under the exhaust flexible pipe so there is no easy access to them.
I didn't have the repair kit cable/connector already installed so I had to cut the wires on the old solenoid valve and on the new one and joint them. Not the ideal solution but the only way without remove the wheel, shaft and engine support.
Took almost three hours to clean the old liquid gasket from under the engine basement and from the oil pan :rolleyes:. In the late afternoon I placed the new liquid gasket, placed back the oil pan and tightened the bolts (12Nm) (exempt the two mentioned before tightened by hand).
I waited 24 hours for the gasket to cure so Sunday afternoon I placed back the drain plug, filled the new oil, started the engine and now it is working as it should :)!
Finally I can properly accelerate, drive more than 100 km/h and be respected on the road :cool: !

phillipn

Reaction score
Finally a weekend with nice weather so I took my time to do the job :)!
Friday evening, just back from work, I placed the car on the two ramps, opened the drain plug and let the oil drain for all night. Took the time also to replace the oil filter.
Saturday morning I removed the 16 bolts that keep the oil pan. Two bolts are under the exhaust flexible pipe so there is no easy access to them.
I didn't have the repair kit cable/connector already installed so I had to cut the wires on the old solenoid valve and on the new one and joint them. Not the ideal solution but the only way without remove the wheel, shaft and engine support.
Took almost three hours to clean the old liquid gasket from under the engine basement and from the oil pan :rolleyes:. In the late afternoon I placed the new liquid gasket, placed back the oil pan and tightened the bolts (12Nm) (exempt the two mentioned before tightened by hand).
I waited 24 hours for the gasket to cure so Sunday afternoon I placed back the drain plug, filled the new oil, started the engine and now it is working as it should :)!
Finally I can properly accelerate, drive more than 100 km/h and be respected on the road :cool: !

Did you have to cut the wire from both old and new solenoid?

Valex

Reaction score
Yes, I cut the old one near the solenoid valve and the new one near the plastic insert that goes to the passage between inside and outside the motor.
The operation was like a surgeon with a small precision cutter :eek: but in the end the patient is safe :).
I used the shrink tubing with adhesive to seal the two joints.

The colors of the two wires on the new solenoid were different from the ones of the old solenoid. I had 50/50 chance to connect the right ones so I'm lucky that it is working :D.