What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P1340 Camshaft position sensor B circuit Malfunction

thornebt

Reaction score
Got my replacement Bosch camshaft position sensor delivered today. Was just about to drive to the auto electrician to fit it and do the diagnostics and adaptions reset but when I started the car I just got a clicking noise, flickering gauges and a time clock spinning round like Kylie Minogue. Also a gearbox fault message flashed up! Frightened the life out of me! Visions of a tow to Peugeot and a huge bill. I thought the ECU must have suffered meltdown.

Plugged my OBDII code reader in and the only fault was the same P1340.

Phoned the auto electrician and he said it sounds like a flat battery. So it's now on charge. Must be down to the fan going flat out constantly in limp mode.

Bruce.

thornebt

Reaction score
Problem sorted. Charged battery, changed camshaft sensor, went to Auto-Electrician. He plugged in his Mega Mac 42 diagnostic machine, allowed the engine to warm up and followed the instructions which involved accelerating up to over 4,000 rpm and then letting the car coast down to idling speed. Did this three times to make sure and the car is now silky smooth.

He told me that driving style can sometimes cause the adaptions to go out. So they get a number of older drivers who potter about and get this fault. I do tend to drive very carefully with an eye on the fuel consumption. His advice is that it's always good to give the car a bit of a blast sometimes. Probably most people on this forum do that regularly!

And the cost of the auto-electrician? "Just call it a tenner" he said. How good is that!

Bruce.

P.S. If you're thinking of looking for a Mega Mac 42 there's one on Ebay - but it's £3k!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Glad you have sorted it all out eventually :thumbup:

I think my adaptions should be better than when it was new :eusa-whistle:

anghel132

Reaction score
Problem sorted. Charged battery, changed camshaft sensor, went to Auto-Electrician. He plugged in his Mega Mac 42 diagnostic machine, allowed the engine to warm up and followed the instructions which involved accelerating up to over 4,000 rpm and then letting the car coast down to idling speed. Did this three times to make sure and the car is now silky smooth.

He told me that driving style can sometimes cause the adaptions to go out. So they get a number of older drivers who potter about and get this fault. I do tend to drive very carefully with an eye on the fuel consumption. His advice is that it's always good to give the car a bit of a blast sometimes. Probably most people on this forum do that regularly!

And the cost of the auto-electrician? "Just call it a tenner" he said. How good is that!

Bruce.

P.S. If you're thinking of looking for a Mega Mac 42 there's one on Ebay - but it's £3k!
Hey Bruce, not sure if you'll get this but very keen to know how you went. I'm still getting this issue myself. Getting new sensors in soon. Did all your efforts fix the issue once and for all?