What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Overheated engine?

A

Anonymous

Great to see that this engine has yet another common problem.

I had the same issue today. Parked the car for 20 minutes after a 7 or 8 mile drive to the shop, everything ok. Started the car up when I returned and got this warning within a minute.

I had to drive the car a few hundred yards as I was in a multi storey car park and had just paid the ticket.

Once outside, I called Direct Line Rescue (Green Flag). Guy was there within 15 minutes or so which was great. He didn't really know what was wrong and did suggest it might be a sensor.

At least reading this here gives me something to tell the dealer tomorrow. I have to call Green Flag in the morning and they will tow the car to the local Peugeot dealer.

A

Anonymous

my new asphalt is playing up!! the temp gauge is rising as soon as you drive off from cold start then after a short while it goes back to zero then works its way back to around 90 and holds as good as new. i have noticed that even on a short drive the fan stays comes on and stays on as if its burning up. i am not using any water and dealership is putting it on a computer to test the system!!