What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ordered my first car - RCZ :D

A

Anonymous

Very excited. Today we ordered and paid deposit for a pearl white GT RCZ , it's one thats already in stock so it'll be here (scotland) in a few weeks but I can't officially get it until 1st of September as it's a new registration or something?

I'm only 17 so very very happy with what I'm getting as my first car. Just loved the look, thought it was nicer than the TT and also much rarer, I see a tt every 5-10 minutes whereas I see an rcz maybe once a month in Scotland :D

I also have my own private number plate ALIICYA - my name is Alicia so it basically says out my name- which I'll use on it. Expect to see pictures when I get it.

I might be the youngest RCZ owner, maybe? Still quite a while til I get it though :/

A

Anonymous

COngrats!

You'll turn heads everywhere with that shiny pearl!!!!

A

Anonymous

A very big welcome to you Alicia. Well what a car to have as your first car. Just a bit different to my first car. You will be spoilt though once you have owned an RCZ. Great colour as well. Enjoy

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well how lucky you are to own the RCZ as your first car And to have a personal number too :p

You've also chosen the best colour too :thumbup:
Not too long to wait until September. Enjoy :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone.

We also plan on "debadging" the front badge. Basically my dad works in the motor industry and I believe plans to remove the badge then spray the badge pearl white just leaving the lion as visible.

A

Anonymous

must cost a fotune for insurance in your name maybe even up to 25% of the cars value :cry: young ones these days sorry for blighten this thread but todays youth get things toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy :x

A

Anonymous

My sons first car was a Corsa 1.2 sxi it cost £3000 to insure him on my wifes name. :crazy:
3 years later he now owns my previous Astra 140 Sri and it is on his name, it costs £700 to insure fully comp, so you just have to get some no claims behind you.

I do agree that some youths get it easier than others, but then again some youths just do not even get a chance in life. Yeah there are bums out there but theres also special kids too !!

If i thought for one second that my son didnt deserve to be given a nice car and help with insurance ect, he wouldnt get it.

So aliciasace, your parents obviously think you deserve such a nice car, therefore get out there, show it off and bloody enjoy it. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
My sons first car was a Corsa 1.2 sxi it cost £3000 to insure him on my wifes name. :crazy:
3 years later he has my previous Astra 140 Sri on his name and it costs £700, so you just have to get some no claims behind you.

I do agree that some youths get it easier than others, but then again some youths just do not even get a chance in life.

If i thought for one second that my son didnt deserve a nice car and help with insurance ect, he would get it.

Yeah Ditto :!: but there is big difference between a corsa 1.2 sxi and a rcz,my son 19 jordan is a top notch ford/mazda car salesman and a drives a mx5 but thats a different matter all together he started off with a ford KA 1.2 as a trainee salesman,but hey its what it is :)

A

Anonymous

You seem very young to be getting such a powerful and expensive car, when my son turned 17 we got him a 2 year old Corsa 1.2 which was still a very nice car compared to many of his friends but which we felt was very safe for a new driver.
I'd be worried allowing someone to come from a learners car (usually a small engined hatchback) to a fairly powerful and quite car large sports coupe like the RCZ :shock: It may be a bit much to handle

A

Anonymous

rcz146 - I passed my test about 6 months ago so have been driving in a ford fiesta (my dad owns a vechicle rental company) since then so hopefully I think I should be fine driving the rcz. My instructor is also going to take me out for a few parking lessons when I get my car..as being a girl..I really can't park.

As for the insurance mine is £300 a year for the rcz :p Since my dad owns the company I'm on their policy making it really cheap.

A

Anonymous

It's good to get extra lessons, especially in parking as the RCZ is a bloody wide car, you should also consider doing a " Pass Plus" course, my son did this, it costs around £80 i think, but you get a better deal on insurance later on.

I will be honest ok, i've been driving for over 30 years and the RCZ is a totaly different car to drive than anything else i've owned, i'm still getting used to it now.

There are some valid points on the size and power of the RCZ for a "new" driver.

Getting back to insurance you try and get an insurance policy in your own name as soon as you can, there will come a day when for whatever reason you will need to get your own insurance policy and cannnot go on a parents or companies policy, and then you will be treated like a new driver, even if you've been on someones policy as an additional driver for years.

If you're adamant that you want the RCZ, and lets be honest what 17 year old is gonna turn one down, it might be worth "daddy" getting hold of a very cheap old little car to buy and also the cheapest he can find to insure and then just registering it and insuring it in your name, but just park it up, dont use it and use the RCZ.
This way you're driving the nice RCZ on dads insurance but gaining no claims for yourself on the cheapy little banger that no one see's you in.

My niece passed her test last year and bought a small cheap Citreon Saxo for £375 and managed to find insurance in her name for £500 fully comp, so if you consider for less than a £900 on top of the RCZ's price you will be earning a no claims bonus will save you £££££££'s in the future.

Girls getter a better deal at the moment than boys on insurance, but theres a bit of talk of this changing in the future, so if gonna do this do it now.

This is totaly legal, as you've registered the car and insured it your name but are using another car that you are still insured on to drive around in.

A

Anonymous

woo hooo! well done girl, you'll love it - [post some piccies when you get it]

A

Anonymous

jactac - thats a good idea re insurance. I'll ask my dad and seee.

I've already done the pass plus course but the parking will definitely be useful as I've been driving a fiesta which is seriously like less than half the size of the rcz lol.

I'm very excited,like 5 weeks to go I think.

A

Anonymous

JOAKES said:
Jactac, you are a GENIUS :beer:

Well truth is, a friend of mine is an insurance broker :oops:

But it's ok if you want to keep praising me :lol: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Well done and enjoy :thumbup:

My first car after passing my test was a mustard coloured Sunbeam 1300cc,but fitted with a 1600cc ti engine running twin 40s,you older member's will know what i mean :wtf:

A

Anonymous

showing your age now m8.
Sad thing is i remember the Sunbeam myself, especially the Lotus. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Lotus sunbeam was superb,sadly could not afford one,cheaper option wih us rally boys get a stock 1000cc or 1300 cc and fit a 1600cc,ti gearbox and rear axle,sounded fab with those twin webbers and was bombproof,and i think as quick as the RS2000 which again was slightly pricey :thumbup:

Some of the younger members must be thinking what on earth we are talk ing about :wtf: :shock:

I dare not mention carburettor tuning,and jetting and trumpet size :thumbdown: ill be kicked off the forum :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
Some of the younger members must be thinking what on earth we are talk ing about :wtf: :shock:

Ayepp. Foreign language.