What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

One day and engine management light is on HELP HELP!!

Ian J.

Reaction score
I have owned this car for one day and now the engine management light is on. Car stopped pulling in second and went into limp mode abs the radiator fan came on at high speed. Anyone got any idea of what the issue might be.
If you've only had the car a few days you can legally demand a refund.
The dealer will fob you off with the insurance backed warranty he gave you with the Car which may or may not cough up .
Quote the consumer rights act and demand a refund and tell them you will take legal action to recover the money, that should sort it.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My repair was delayed considerably because the dealer couldn’t source a pump. They had replaced the fuel rail, but couldn’t get a pump, either from another dealer in the U.K. or from Peugeot direct. It took a while.

Ginge2202

Reaction score
If you've only had the car a few days you can legally demand a refund.
The dealer will fob you off with the insurance backed warranty he gave you with the Car which may or may not cough up .
Quote the consumer rights act and demand a refund and tell them you will take legal action to recover the money, that should sort it.
Thanks for everyone’s help and feedback in the matter. It has now been removed to a garage and is going to have a health check completed and find out what the issue is with the vehicle. And hopefully the warranty he sold me will pay out. If not the vehicle will be going back.

Buddy

Reaction score
I bought my RCZ today and half a mile from home the warning came up! I drove the last bit if the trip on a low throttle and the light was still there, phoned the garage and he fist asked if I had thrashed it, no I had gone down to 5th gear for a bend and was accelerating gently about to take 6th when the light had come on! I later had top move the car and after starting the light was on but a few seconds later it went off, it then drove fine including accelerating in 4th & 5th notching 6th and slowing for the roundabout, the light hasn't come on with several more starts, could it be air in the line/rail? In my experience once a fault light comes on it has to be cleared it doesn't usually go off on it's own.

Pedro

Reaction score
Why did your ring the garage was it in for a repair?

Buddy

Reaction score
Because I hadn't even got home before it showed a warning light stating engine fault repair needed.

Pedro

Reaction score
Take it back & let them sort it out you have 30 days cooling off period for rejecting the car as its not fit for purpose you tell them to fix it or get your money refunded

Marmite

Reaction score
Take it back & let them sort it out you have 30 days cooling off period for rejecting the car as its not fit for purpose you tell them to fix it or get your money refunded
Thought there was something said on here about someone reconditioning hpfp on Facebook?

Pedro

Reaction score
No code= No faulty fuel pump? Loss of power could mean anything until the car is scanned properly