What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NOT AGAIN !!!!

A

Anonymous

So the boot switch has gone faulty again.................... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This will be the 3rd time the switch has been replaced, and it's just not funny anymore.
Luckily I recently took out an extended warranty, but even getting it replaced AGAIN still dont get away from the fact that this is just CRAP :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The love for the Z is starting to dwindle once more :roll:
I've also seen a flicker on the recently replaced sat nav screen the other day, so I'm not holding my breath on that replacement either, as this is how the original one started to play up :?

A

Anonymous

Awe Kerry...sorry to hear of your problems mate....But nice to hear from "YA ALL THE SAME"....New Satnav Screen yer kidding... :wtf: :wtf: The Quality of these specific parts...is really down to sub contractors...Garmin..etc,as for the boot switch...these little Gremlins...are more persistant...My Led door sill light on the passenger side has gone again for the 3rd time...its only half lit :( ....I DONT USE THE that door..so i aint going to get it fixed...as i cant be bothered with the dealership hassle...So it will stay that way till get shot of the car early next year...cars only 15 months old :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Jass, how you doing m8.
I'm getting pretty frustrated again with the Z, everytime a repair is carried out it only lasts a few months :thumbdown:
Its not the workmanship of the repair, but obviously, as you say poor quality parts supplied by Peugeot.
The sat nav was changed after numerous visits to the dealer when the screen started flickering, I think it took 5 visits before Peugeot decided to change the screen :roll:

This is the most expensive car I've ever purchased (from new) yet it's also visited the dealer for repairs more than any other car I've owned.
A previous new Renault Megan that I owned held the award for most repairs, but the Z is now very very quickly catching up to that level.

The annoying this is that I've wrapped my Z in cotton wool, it has been meticulously looked after from the day I drove it back from the dealer, it still has only 10,200 miles on the clock after 3 years, it is barely off the drive, washed, polished & waxed on a regular basis, you would think this was a 2014 car straight out of a dealers (apart from the front nose design), yet things just go wrong with it.
I've simply come to the conclusion that the RCZ is a fragile car, with some poor quality parts.

So far in 3 years and 10,000 miles, mine has needed:
Both mirror mechanisms replaced, sat nav screen replaced, 3 boot lid switches replaced, re-painting of inner rim of wheel arch due to paint peeling, the passenger seat belt holder needs replacing, I'm starting to hear the timing chain, and I think I can hear a knocking/rumbling from underneath on rough road surfaces......
Not bad eh :?
I know if I move the Z on I would really miss the admiration for its looks and it's style, but this is really pushing my patients now, and I think those thoughts of loving the Z would probably soon disappear when driving another make of car that is of better quality.

It's a shame that such a stunning car can make an owner, who has really loved and cared for that car feel this way. :(

A

Anonymous

That is bad news :thumbdown:

Didn't realise you had all those things go wrong - you've certainly given Peugeot a fair shot.

Think I'm going to sell up this year - pre-dominantly due to the hassle I experience every time I change the front tyres :eusa-think:
'Tis a shame, cos apart from a front side light bulb blown and learning how to control / prevent the DPF activation, this car has been GREAT :clap:
Oh, and apart from the Ipod connection having a mind of its own - it's back to remaining "on pause" at the moment :wtf: Where's that 6 CD Changer when you need one :eusa-whistle:

Anyway, good luck with the repairs - once again.

RCZs certainly becoming a LOT more popular in this area :clap:

A

Anonymous

Hi there Gorwell,
You right, there seems to be a Z on nearly every corner in our parts.
I really like the Z but not the hassle it brings.
Luckily all the problems I've had are minor, yet still so frustrating.

As you probably know I've toyed with idea of moving it on for ages, but it's hard finding something with th looks and toys that the Z has.

I've been thinking about a Kia pro-ceed Gt, but some reviews are not great.
They are though a great looking car and packed with extras.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your problems with the RCZ, once again Jactac ;(

I think you have been very unlucky with your car. It wasn't a Friday afternoon car was it ? I had the timing chain problem on my first Z and have just had the temp sensor fault on the current one. Both were dealt with swiftly and didn't leave me off the road as they were sorted in a day. Bearing in mind I've done a total of nearly 40k miles with both, I don't think I can grumble. Does rather sound that your car has had electrical problems from day one.

I like the look of the Kia GT but as you say some reviews are a bit hit and miss. I suppose until you've driven one, you can't say for sure. Colours are even more limited than the RCZ !

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Hi K,
yeah it's getting frustrating to say the least.
I dont think the car has suffered vast problems throughout, and I know things can go wrong with any car, but my gripe really is that the replacement parts just dont seem to last, ie the 3 boot switch's, in 18 months !

This has surely got to be a quality problem with the parts being fitted and not just bad luck with my car.
The only problem that keeps reoccuring is the boot switch, the mirrors have been fine since they were changed, in fact they were only changed because of the weeping residue that we all know about, the mirrors themselves were working ok.
I think I can hear a slight rattle ( only sometimes) when I start the car, buts its so small that it's difficult to tell where it's coming from, and then it just dissapears and may not happen again for days or even weeks.

If I'm honest, even with what has gone wrong, if the replacement bits had stayed ok and it was something different thast had now gone wrong, I would probably not be so frustrated, but it's just annoying that the same things seem to be cropping up all the time.
I'm sure my dealer is starting to think I'm too heavy handed or something with the boot switch, but I always use the key fob to open the boot.

I suppose in a way I'm lucky that nothing serious has gone wrong, but it's still starting to niggle me again, which then gives me the urge to start thinking about looking for something else, but the danger there is that I could buy something on impulse and then be stuck with a car that I didnt really want. :roll:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
which then gives me the urge to start thinking about looking for something else, but the danger there is that I could buy something on impulse and then be stuck with a car that I didnt really want. :roll:

jactac my old mucker, there ain't a chance in hell of you buying a car on impulse. You have been pondering getting shut of the Z for at least 12 months now and you are still no further forward. You must have looked at just about every marque within your price range and test drove most of them. You love the Z as we all do and are just disillusioned at the moment with the niggly aspects of ownership. You know that in reality you could so easily have the same issues with any replacement. 7 years warranty is not a selling point to you as it is not the cost of repairing your car that is an issue, it is the fact of the inconvenience of having to constantly take it back to the dealers.

hanswuk

Reaction score
Jactac, most people are still on their first boot switch with no sign of problems. I know it will probably be a waste of time but if I were you I would explain to the dealer that the fact that yours has failed again and again suggests that either they aren't fitting them correctly or something else is affecting them and causing them to fail. I personally doubt that Peugeot are still supplying faulty switches.

A

Anonymous

Fair point Hans,
I have booked the car in for Tuesday, but have also requested that I speak to the service manager before they do anothe replacement of the switch.
It is afterall a bit too much of a coincidence that my Z seems to get all the duff stuff.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Jass, how you doing m8.
I'm getting pretty frustrated again with the Z, everytime a repair is carried out it only lasts a few months :thumbdown:
Its not the workmanship of the repair, but obviously, as you say poor quality parts supplied by Peugeot.
The sat nav was changed after numerous visits to the dealer when the screen started flickering, I think it took 5 visits before Peugeot decided to change the screen :roll:

This is the most expensive car I've ever purchased (from new) yet it's also visited the dealer for repairs more than any other car I've owned.
A previous new Renault Megan that I owned held the award for most repairs, but the Z is now very very quickly catching up to that level.

The annoying this is that I've wrapped my Z in cotton wool, it has been meticulously looked after from the day I drove it back from the dealer, it still has only 10,200 miles on the clock after 3 years, it is barely off the drive, washed, polished & waxed on a regular basis, you would think this was a 2014 car straight out of a dealers (apart from the front nose design), yet things just go wrong with it.
I've simply come to the conclusion that the RCZ is a fragile car, with some poor quality parts.

So far in 3 years and 10,000 miles, mine has needed:
Both mirror mechanisms replaced, sat nav screen replaced, 3 boot lid switches replaced, re-painting of inner rim of wheel arch due to paint peeling, the passenger seat belt holder needs replacing, I'm starting to hear the timing chain, and I think I can hear a knocking/rumbling from underneath on rough road surfaces......
Not bad eh :?
I know if I move the Z on I would really miss the admiration for its looks and it's style, but this is really pushing my patients now, and I think those thoughts of loving the Z would probably soon disappear when driving another make of car that is of better quality.

It's a shame that such a stunning car can make an owner, who has really loved and cared for that car feel this way. :(

Kerry the place aint the same without ya :thumbup: I am doing great for a change long time coming EH..??...How the hell are you doing..Hopefully a lot better.

As for the your RCZ...You are more tolerant than l,

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac said:
which then gives me the urge to start thinking about looking for something else, but the danger there is that I could buy something on impulse and then be stuck with a car that I didnt really want. :roll:

jactac my old mucker, there ain't a chance in hell of you buying a car on impulse. You have been pondering getting shut of the Z for at least 12 months now and you are still no further forward. You must have looked at just about every marque within your price range and test drove most of them. You love the Z as we all do and are just disillusioned at the moment with the niggly aspects of ownership. You know that in reality you could so easily have the same issues with any replacement. 7 years warranty is not a selling point to you as it is not the cost of repairing your car that is an issue, it is the fact of the inconvenience of having to constantly take it back to the dealers.

Again Ron, a fair point.
I have toyed many many times with moving the Z on, but theres always a nagging doubt that I should actually strike a deal.
You're dead right though that visiting the dealer again and for the same repair is the most annoying point out of all this .
When the boot popped open the weekend as I opened the door, I just thought thats it enough is enough, it's gotta go.
I'm actually starting to get embarrassed now as I aproach the service counter, I can see them looking up and thinking "oh no, it's Happy Hammond again". :oops:

Its bloody Peugeot that should be embarrassed not me or any other owner who experiences faults............ :evil:

A

Anonymous

Jass,
I'm not too bad at the moment m8, just got back from Tenerife, the wife decided we needed some time away so we booked a late'ish deal.
Cracking hotel, all inclusive, really nice :thumbup:

To be honest m8 I'm not usually a tolerant person, especially if I think I'm having the p*ss taken out of me, so it does surprise me that I've sort of gone with the flow, it's probably got a bit to do with my fondness of my Z. :eusa-think:

So how's you life been, how's work and family life, all good I hope.
I know you changed the car for the Focus (very nice too). :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Jass,
I'm not too bad at the moment m8, just got back from Tenerife, the wife decided we needed some time away so we booked a late'ish deal.
Cracking hotel, all inclusive, really nice :thumbup:

To be honest m8 I'm not usually a tolerant person, especially if I think I'm having the p*ss taken out of me, so it does surprise me that I've sort of gone with the flow, it's probably got a bit to do with my fondness of my Z. :eusa-think:

So how's you life been, how's work and family life, all good I hope.
I know you changed the car for the Focus (very nice too). :thumbup:

What was the Hotels name? me and Avril are looking for a week away in July..fed up with Egypt...the focus..av got it till September...l have just placed/deposit down on a new S3..PCP deal.Anyhow they are just cars mate..Am working hard 7 days a week just now..the only way us working class can make a tolerable living :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Theres some cracking hotels in the Costa Adeje / Del Duque area, it's basicaly the newest part of Tenerife.

This time we stayed at the Iberostar Anthelia for a week, last year we stayed in the Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque and the Melia Jardines Del Teide before that.
We've done lots of hotels on Tenerife over the years, but if I'm honest you need to stay in the Adeje / Del Duque area, it's a far newer part of the island and more up market, not that I'm a snob but when on holiday it's nice to be looked after and pampered a bit :thumbup:

Take a look at these:

http://www.iberostar.com/en/hotels/tene ... r-anthelia
http://www.bahia-duque.com/en
http://www.melia.com/en/hotels/spain/te ... Aod7iYACA#

A

Anonymous

Just looking through your hotel links Jactac. I have never been to Tenerife before but I have a group of friends that all swera by the Bahia hotel. Just looked at the website and noticed this "Private Jet Package". I want to get me some of that action!!!!! (http://www.bahia-duque.com/en/paquetes/ ... et-premium) I assume that is the one that you booked? :dance:

Really sorry to hear of the return of your boot switch gremlin's return!! I can fully empathise with your frustrations. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly and painlessly but I suspect that you are feeling that it is time to move on with the car.

A

Anonymous

Hi there Rizzo buddy,
You really cant go wrong with the Bahia , it's well smart :thumbup:
None of that cut down shorts and Swans vest's at dinner :lol:
In fact most hotels in and around this area are a very very nice.
I didnt bother with the private jet this time, as it was in for a service, so we took the helicopter, that landed us on the deck of the motor cruiser, moored just off the bay, just a 2 minute nip across on the outboard to the hotels private beach.
Oh, life can be so hard on times :eusa-whistle:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

On the subject of the Z, yeah I'm getting that "time to go feeling" again, but I've been here before and she's still here sitting pretty on the drive :roll:
I've just dropped it off at the dealers and will collect it tomorrow, I wont be holding my breath to see how long it will last though :eusa-think: .

A

Anonymous

So picked the car up yesterday from the dealers and as suspected the switch was full of water again.
This is a bit of a concern because the service manager ( very nice fella) explained that my Z had already had the newer "modified" switch installed the last time this happened.
Apparantly any Z's made 2013 on, have the newer switch and any Z's experiencing this problem will have the newer switch fitted, but obviously Peugeot have not solved the problem.

It was explained to me that the problem is the rear of the switch where the wiring connects into it, sits upside and is exposed, so any water that runs through the 2 drain holes in the bumper just runs over this connector block.

You can see the drain holes clearly when you open the boot, they are cut into the thin lip that runs along the front.
You cannot close up the drain holes because water could then go over the boots rubber seal into the boot.

The solution is obviously a fully sealed switch, with the connections inside the car, a bit like the wiring on the rear lights.

For the time being my dealer has again replaced the switch and then filled the connector with silicon and encased it in grease.
Not the answer and it may not solve the problem, but anything is better than the inadequate "modification" that Peugeot came up with.

So come on Peugeot, enough is enough now with this silly design fault, even your dealers are getting embarrased by this one.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jactac, you have to admit its not been a common problem on here but that's no consolation to you. In nearly 4 years of RCZ ownership I've never suffered this problem. It's strange that more haven't !

Same here nae on four years of ownership, wash the car with pressure washer at least weekly and never had a problem (yet)