What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Normal wheels or solstice?

A

Anonymous

Your all missing the 3rd way....behold the elusive Shark grey with midnight silver sortilege....
:mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
Utter Rubbish :thumbdown:
The Silver alloys compliment the Silver arches beautifully and especially when clean and the tyres have been blackened. On a Pearl White during the sunshine and during the night it's all sparkly - Ohh. :Moony:
I did comtemplate the Black alloys but when I saw them the first thing that sprung to mind was BAT MOBILE!!
If I was 16 years old then maybe but i'm 46 so sexier is better than boy racerish - i've probably made up that word?
And the Black Onyx solstice alloy - bling, bling, bling and the RCZ doesn't need blinging up.
No offence intended of course and we all own a lovely car and life would be boring if we all had the same.
Whatever you decide on - enjoy :beer:

Total nonsense :thumbdown:

The Black Solstice does have an alloy rim finish which then compliments the silver arch, without going overboard.
They also blend better with the black roof, and other black trim also the darkened rear window.

As i said i do think the totaly black Sortilege is a bit too much black, however i think even they still look better than plain alloy on a white finish.

Each to their own but personaly i think plain alloy does nothing for a white finish and certainly does even less for a white RCZ, whether that be Opal OR Pearl !

A different colour finish than white then yes i would agree, that "straight" alloy can compliment a car.

I think like most debates we will have to agree to disagree, cos i just know this will just drag on and on. :sleeping-yellow:

One last thing, just take a look at Figo's pic of his white GT with 19" black solstice and then compare it to another pic on here of any white GT or Sport with the plain alloy.

I rest my case !!!

A

Anonymous

Marcus i totaly agree, it's a great look, midnight silver sortilege blends spot on with the Shark Grey.
In fact that was my first choice until i came up to see you at Perrys and saw your white GT with the 19" black solstice. :clap:

I was totaly smitten :thumbup:

That's my point, the rims should all be about trying to blend in with the cars finish OR going in the opposite direction and contrasting with it for a bolder look, but i personaly think that standard alloy colour rims do neither on a white car, they just look so dull and lost on such a fantastic shape like the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Lordy Lordy. Nice to get back to some good old fashioned anal banter.
jactac, I believe the saying is that you are as young as the woman you feel. So yes I am pipe and slippers and not young, good looking boy racer. My Pearl2 is a piece of art. She is unique. She has style beyond her years (3weeks old now) or as the granddaughter says about her kitten " she noughty, She's not evan 1 yet) as if by way of explanation. What's more I can't wait till I can take her out and give her a damn good thrashing. :thumbup:

Welcome back K

A

Anonymous

It's good to be back m8,
I was missing all the banter while i was away on hols tanning my old failing body :lol:

I got another op in 2 weeks so i'm gonna be a pest as usual over the next week or so. :lol:

Whats new i hear you say. :eusa-whistle:

I thought you would of given Pearl2 a bit of a going over by now ?

Come on son, something that pretty needs to be out on the open road causing a stir.

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap:
nice one Marcus.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
It's good to be back m8,
I was missing all the banter while i was away on hols tanning my old failing body :lol:

I got another op in 2 weeks so i'm gonna be a pest as usual over the next week or so. :lol:

Whats new i hear you say. :eusa-whistle:

I thought you would of given Pearl2 a bit of a going over by now ?

Come on son, something that pretty needs to be out on the open road causing a stir.

I intent to keep Pearl2 a while. So her thrashing and my pleasure will have to wait a while. She needs a few more miles under her wheels first. So posing is all that she is fit for at the moment, after a day with Elite detailers on Monday she will be showing off her shiny (untanned) body off a plenty. Anyway.... thought you was going to use your old opal whilst you was off and stop just looking at her. Sounds like you have been Apollo worshipping :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Again, it's all down to individual tastes but I really do not like black alloys, whether it be all black or part black and I especially don't like them on White cars ( or the pure stealthy look on black cars ). :thumbdown: Sorry don't mean to upset people but it's just my personal taste. To me black wheels look like gaping holes where the alloys should be. Standard alloys add a touch of style and class and shininess :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Your all missing the 3rd way....behold the elusive Shark grey with midnight silver sortilege....
Shame about the number plate. So near but.... She still looks amazing though. Wheels make a cars looks IMO :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Anyway.... thought you was going to use your old opal whilst you was off and stop just looking at her. Sounds like you have been Apollo worshipping :beer:

Yeah i have put a few more miles on her, just about done 1100 in total now, not bad in 4 months eh :eusa-whistle:

Should get to 3000 over 12 months at this rate. :lol:

Me and Mrs H went over to Marbella for a few days visiting friends that we havent seen for a while.

Now theres a place where they like to show off their cars, and their boats and anything else that they can spend their £££££££'s on.
It really is no expense spared with some of the people over there, it's a totaly different world. :shock:

You're right and I agree that the rims on a car really can make or break its looks.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
RCZGT200 said:
Shame about the number plate. So near but.... She still looks amazing though. Wheels make a cars looks IMO :thumbup:

The plate is funny , it was genuinely the 1st one on the list when the reg nos were allocated to the car. You would be amazed how many people read it as RCZ......I dont do private plates on company cars, I leave that to my boss...P33RYS.. :lol:

I love the wheels on this one...they didnt start off on this car, we had a great guy buy a charcoal RCZ with these wheels on...he felt they made his car look too dark so a quick swap ensued.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
I love the wheels on this one...they didnt start off on this car, we had a great guy buy a charcoal RCZ with these wheels on...he felt they made his car look too dark so a quick swap ensued.

Poor you. Ending up with a 2nd hand pair of wheels that left your car looking that good. :thumbup: That said not sure myself about them on a charcoal? Me thinks your customer had taste hence you now have them! Good of you though, could have cost him a small fortune to rectify his original choice. I like my personalised plate because I like the idea of my plate being unique to me for the rest of my days. OO58 RON resembles four numbers and my name rather than letters and numbers and it looks amazing on this car, more so than on the TT when it was on a Euro plate.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:

thats the least attractive rcz i have ever seen............to put it really politely