What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Normal wheels or solstice?

A

Anonymous

Okay so thats my car sitting at garage which we can't pick up til sept 1st as its a 61 plate.

They have offered to change the wheels to solstice for free if I want. What does everyone think of the solstice on a pearl white car?

I hate all black but I think I prefer solstice to the regulars. What is everyone elses thoughts?

A

Anonymous

aliciasace said:
Okay so thats my car sitting at garage which we can't pick up til sept 1st as its a 61 plate.

They have offered to change the wheels to solstice for free if I want. What does everyone think of the solstice on a pearl white car?

I hate all black but I think I prefer solstice to the regulars. What is everyone elses thoughts?
It looks like an 11 plate to me not a 61. Albeit after !st of Sept the car will be a 61 but on a 11 plate. My car is two weeks old so could have waited for September but as I have put a 58 plate on it I couldn't see the point of waiting.
I prefer the standard wheels myself and that is what I have on mine.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, yes I didnt mean plate as such but it will be registered from september1st.

I don't like just plain black but I do quite like the solstice but I suppose I'll need to go have a look at my car as the dealer is changing the tyres for me to see what it looks like.

A

Anonymous

Sorry but am i being thick here?
it's sitting with 11 plates on it so must have already been registered.

R1

A

Anonymous

Rescueone said:
Sorry but am i being thick here?
it's sitting with 11 plates on it so must have already been registered.

R1
No. Not now a days. The dealer does the taxing now, so you often see them plated pre tax and valeting. Mine was too when I called into dealership to hand over the documents to get it taxed, it was sat there in it's delivery guise with my personalised plate already attached to it.

VASS

Reaction score
the Solstice have the problem with water ingress when you've curbed them, the laquer finish bubbles

see other posts about this

I'd go for standard wheels if I had the choice again.

A

Anonymous

Most wheels with a laquer finish will give you problems in the future. I had three different makes of cars with wheels that where laquered and polished all where crap.

Also you will find that any marking (normally water marks) under the laquer is not covered under warranty.

I always have wheels that are a solid colour (easier to refurb when the wife curbs them). :lol:

A

Anonymous

I know you hate black but it doesnot show the brake dust. Thats why I when for the full BLACK solstice unless you love washing yours wheels alot.

A

Anonymous

I have the Solstice Black Onyx and prefer them.

I have never been keen on black wheels on any car but with the alu edge, I really like them.

Also agree about the brake dust thing as silver wheels show the dirt very quickly.

A

Anonymous

OMG.
There is no competition here what so ever.
If you have a solid white OR Pearl you MUST have the black onyx solstice alloy, it just totaly completes the car.
It's a must, and for FREE, you must be mad not to bite the dealers hand off, why are you even thinking about it ?

We can argue all day about Solid white paint over Pearl, but please dont try and say that straight coloured alloy wheels looks better against a white finish than black solstice alloys !

THERE IS JUST NO COMPETITION, NEVER EVER EVER , NOPE NOPE NOPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a great looking car, now finish it off with great looking rims, it's a no brainer !

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
OMG.

You have a great looking car, now finish it off with great looking rims, it's a no brainer !

Welcome back jactac. By "no brainer" I'm assuming that you don't mean that a 17 year old girl would not have to have a brain to think that driving around in a boy racer lookalike was an ideal image, or that turning a beautiful looking car into a boy racer lookalike was? :thumbup:

White is right, standard wheels are the obvious choice. (looks, maintenance and replacement costs) or ye and because jactac thinks otherwise :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

blacks where its at .... it diferentiates us (i.e the young good looking bunch) from those having a midlife crisis... :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hello there Ron, i've been away for a little holiday and now i'm back refreshed and full of fighting spirit.

Well not really but at least i got a tan . :oops:

If i were to pick a different colour car then i would probably change to an "alloy" coloured rim but on a white car it just has to be the black, anything else just looks so lost and ordinary.

Theres a white (pearl) RCZ parked up every day in my local Tesco, in excactly the same spot, and sometimes i park next to it on purpose, the only two physical differences in both cars are the wheels and the Pearl finish as oppossed to my Opal finish.

However from side on they look like chalk and cheese, (chalk being Opal and cheese yellow being Pearl) :lol:

No all jokes aside, the 19" Black Onyx Solstice rim totaly changes the look of the RZC to a next level up again.

I will say though that i dont think the black solstice has the same effect on other colour RCZ's , but on Opal white, and even Cheesy Pearl, the Black Solstice is just made for those two colour RZC's. No other alloy comes close in my opinion.

I'm also not too keen on the ALL black Sortilege Onyx, however i would still prefer this on a white car instead of the normal alloy colour, but out of choice the Solstice Onyx with the outer alloy rim showing is a lovely looking wheel on a white finish car.

Just look at Figo's pic of his car, (same as mine but he's better with a camera).
There is no way that an Opal OR Pearl finish with a standard coloured alloy rim could match that look.

Now though Ron,
if i wanted to go for the "boy racer" look i may start with a black mirrors and a Carbon fibre roof and perhaps Champagne arches, then again those Champagne arches are more "hair dresser" than boy racer :lol: :eusa-whistle:

Oh it's nice to be back :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Mine is going to be black (car and rims). The solstice blacky onyx rims are in my opinion fantastic. Therefore the colour of the car is less important. But I think age is a factor here :).

A

Anonymous

SLS said:
Mine is going to be black (car and rims). The solstice blacky onyx rims are in my opinion fantastic. Therefore the colour of the car is less important. But I think age is a factor here :).

You're only as old as you feel m8 :thumbup:

I do agree with you on the black car and black rims, it's probably the only other colour car, other than white that black alloys look good on. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

if your carefull with your car and keep on top of cleaning of it go for the black solstice alloys and "i am going to be sexist here as MOST female's are not car proud" then best go for the standard alloys.

the solstice wheels will not corrode if you look after them and i think they look better on a white car than the standard wheels of which are not of a high quality as the finish on my cars wheels varies from wheel to wheel especially in the lacquer coating.

totall black alloys are a no no on a white in my opinion but i do like the solstice wheels :cool: :cool: :cool:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
jactac said:
OMG.
There is no competition here what so ever.
If you have a solid white OR Pearl you MUST have the black onyx solstice alloy, it just totaly completes the car.
It's a must, and for FREE, you must be mad not to bite the dealers hand off, why are you even thinking about it ?

We can argue all day about Solid white paint over Pearl, but please dont try and say that straight coloured alloy wheels looks better against a white finish than black solstice alloys !

Utter Rubbish :thumbdown:
The Silver alloys compliment the Silver arches beautifully and especially when clean and the tyres have been blackened. On a Pearl White during the sunshine and during the night it's all sparkly - Ohh. :Moony:
I did comtemplate the Black alloys but when I saw them the first thing that sprung to mind was BAT MOBILE!!
If I was 16 years old then maybe but i'm 46 so sexier is better than boy racerish - i've probably made up that word?
And the Black Onyx solstice alloy - bling, bling, bling and the RCZ doesn't need blinging up.
No offence intended of course and we all own a lovely car and life would be boring if we all had the same.
Whatever you decide on - enjoy :beer:

A

Anonymous

the standard 19"'s are of poor quality and show up all the gunk of the day my fiat grande punto had a better finish on them ;) the standard 18"s are of better quality black with a polished edged finish are more in tune with the cars design i lease this car i have so i am unbiased but if i purchased it i would have gone for a different alloy
1.because of the above sub standard quality standard alloy.
2. a different wheel is just that different and less common
3.i love a polished edged alloy on the move when the street lights/sunshine hit them