What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Noisy Wing Mirrors!

A

Anonymous

Mine were replaced last Friday and they're groan free again...huzzah!! No more embarrassment as my car moans at the sight of me. Thanks again Peugeot!!! Now...just to await my dealer to phone to upgrade the software so that I can visit the dealer for the third time in 4 weeks. *sigh*

A

Anonymous

TeeP1303 said:
I know this has probably been discussed but cant seem to find it........

Search "Wing Mirrors"
The thread goes on for pages and pages with pictures and who has done what and when, this WILL help you when you visit your dealer.

Regards
Paul141

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Mine were replaced last Friday and they're groan free again...huzzah!! No more embarrassment as my car moans at the sight of me. Thanks again Peugeot!!! Now...just to await my dealer to phone to upgrade the software so that I can visit the dealer for the third time in 4 weeks. *sigh*

Mine are getting worse everyday... Wasn't sure what to do :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the rather awesome Peugeot member didn't intervene and get in touch with you but failing that I'd visit your dealer and ask them to replace them under warranty. The inner workings of mine was corroding and grinding. :) MUCH better now though!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the rather awesome Peugeot member didn't intervene and get in touch with you but failing that I'd visit your dealer and ask them to replace them under warranty. The inner workings of mine was corroding and grinding. :) MUCH better now though!! :thumbup:

Last words from my dealer was they were waiting to hear from Peugeot on what to do next.

I told them that what to do next was ....... Replace them.

A

Anonymous

I fully understand the concern about the noise from wing mirrors but with rain and all the crap that sprays up from the road I can totally see why they get noisy and I don't think we'll ever cure it, mine are no different from yours so all I've done is spray WD40 all around the turning point and spray it behind the glass. doing this has made a massive difference to the noise, Everytime I wash mine I give the mirrors a quick spray, "job sorted"

A

Anonymous

i had the same problem and the dealer gressed them but now when it rains i get grease marks all down the side and these where replacement mirrors from the originals as they also creaked and left the white residue down the side

Davie

Reaction score
Hi all,just had my nearside mirror replaced again yesterday.Thats both been replaced twice,in 18 months.
My dealer said this is a common fault with these mirrors.Dont let them fob you off,get them replaced whilst car under warranty.
Also make sure mirror is painted,before putting your car in for fitting,takes 1 hr,mine was in for three days.

A

Anonymous

Re my last post on August 31st I've heard...............absolutely nothing regarding the mirrors,that's despite an email requesting my contact details.

Hatman

Reaction score
Maybe Hammerite is the Soloution? If they painted the hubs and the alloy bits in the wing mirrors at the hand built magna steyr factory in Austria, maybe this would save Pug .7k (Retail)in replace. And valuable Technicians time...

Davie

Reaction score
Had both of mine replaced umder the warranty,the nearside twice.