What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Noisy Wing Mirrors!

A

Anonymous

I know this has probably been discussed but cant seem to find it,my wing mirrors are really noisy&creaky,I last mentioned it when I took my RCZ in for its first service and said I had heard about corrosion inside the casing,this was met with blank looks and puzzled expressions but I was told it would be looked at.When I got the car back the mirrors didnt seem as noisy so I left it at that.Ive just had a new coolant sensor fitted so I mentioned the mirrors again and said I came on this forum and had read about problems-same thing-was told they had never heard of that but would have a look.Picked the car up and was told the mirrors had been lubricated and were now fine-but no they arent!!just as noisy and creaky!My car is 2 years old in September and Ive stayed loyal to the dealership I bought it from but they dont inspire me with confidence,too many incidents to mention here,just wondered what I could do??

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm sure you will find Peugeot Group, a member on the forum, will be in touch with you, just as soon as he sees your post.
Sounds like you have the same problem as many of us on here have encountered so does seem like they need replacing.
Stay tuned :)

A

Anonymous

My RCZ is only 7 months old and the mirrors are doing the same maybe Peugeot Group could advise me as well

A

Anonymous

They do make a noise though, please don't expect them to be silent!! The motor does make a bit of groan as it's going. But this is a noise your ears soon become accustomed to. However, some owners compain that they really do start to 'grind' as opposed to 'groan', this is when you need to see about a possible repair. My RCZ is 10 months old and my mirrors honestly have 'ground' once - after sitting locked for a week when I was on holiday and the car had been left out in the rain.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
Donna's right - the wing mirrors do make a noise on opening and closing BUT when the problem arises, the noise is noticeably different - more groan like and can be a bit embarrassing if someone's walking by, because if just doesn't sound right.

Low_Rider

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Donna's right - the wing mirrors do make a noise on opening and closing BUT when the problem arises, the noise is noticeably different - more groan like and can be a bit embarrassing if someone's walking by, because if just doesn't sound right.

Exactly what my RCZ did until last week. I took it to the dealer and they lubricated the axles of the wing mirror but have to remove de glass mirror.

Now the wing mirrors are as good as new.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
They do make a noise though, please don't expect them to be silent!! The motor does make a bit of groan as it's going. But this is a noise your ears soon become accustomed to. However, some owners compain that they really do start to 'grind' as opposed to 'groan', this is when you need to see about a possible repair. My RCZ is 10 months old and my mirrors honestly have 'ground' once - after sitting locked for a week when I was on holiday and the car had been left out in the rain.....
My ears will never become accustomed to the grinding noise my mirrors are making, :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies,I have had an email from Peugeot Group so will be in touch,I will keep you posted.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone else make the same noise just to dround out the sound..

A

Anonymous

Oh bums.

My off-side mirror has just gone from a mechanical moan to a crunchy graunchy creaking noise.

1st little problem since the cooling cover crack thing was replaced.....well something was replaced when the temperature gauge started emulating my rev counter.....

Probably need a visit to the showroom.

D

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
My RCZ is only 7 months old and the mirrors are doing the same maybe Peugeot Group could advise me as well

mine is only 6 months all and my driver side is shocking , help
advice what I should do please :(

A

Anonymous

speedy lady said:
mine is only 6 months all and my driver side is shocking , help
advice what I should do please :(
Return to your dealer and request upgraded replacements. When you do and they order them, remind them that the backs will require paint spraying as a few dealers have not grasped it yet :roll:

A

Anonymous

Can I take it to any Peugeot garage , as the place I bought it is in Sheffield , which is about 45 minutes away
I live near to castleford or Wakefield dealers

A

Anonymous

Mine is 2 years old has had the wing mirrors repaired but the offside has started to creak on folding. I assume it a lube problem so will wait for e next service.

A

Anonymous

speedy lady said:
Can I take it to any Peugeot garage , as the place I bought it is in Sheffield , which is about 45 minutes away
I live near to castleford or Wakefield dealers
So you are very fortunate to be able to call into Peter Ambrose (Castleford) Ltd. I have a very strong suspicion that if you were to do that, then you would leave a very happy Speedy Lady :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I am supposedly waiting for further communication from Peugeot via my dealer for the mirrors. They groan all the time and from what comes out during washing, corrosion must be bad inside.

The dealer looked at them a number of weeks ago and done a fix that hasn't made any difference when it was in for a week getting the thermostat housing problem fixed.