What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie looking for an R

AlBuck

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can obtain a workshop manual for an R?

I downloaded the RCZ Owner's Manuals in "other stuff" but it doesn't cover the R.

Is there instructions anywhere for carrying out a compression test on an R? I need the figures, and although I have done compression testing I read the system needs decompressing and the pump disconnecting, which is new to me.

Last edited:

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Get yourself a compression tester, pretty easy to do, there must be a guide on you tube if you get stuck

AlBuck

Reaction score
Get yourself a compression tester, pretty easy to do, there must be a guide on you tube if you get stuck
I have a compression tester, but it seems it's a bit more complicated because of the high pressures of the direct injection system, just hoping somebody has successfully carried it out and can give me advice, or point me at a workshop manual that definitely covers the R..

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Done a few times on Mini Cooper s, same turbo charged engine, disconnect ignition coils remove 1 spark plug at a time and screw in the compression tester, crank engine a few times and note down the reading, repeat with each cylinder, good luck with it.

AlBuck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got it, it's in amazing condition inside and out.
The discs have a uniform front and back lip of maybe 1mm, the embossed R on the wheels is uite well raised.
It has a fully stamped service book from Robins and Day and Fish Brothers, but I was expecting a wad of paperwork but the only other paperwork was for a clutch and flywheel that has just been done.
Haven't driven it yet as I decided to get the paint/interior protection, just waiting...

AlBuck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got it, it's in amazing condition inside and out.
The discs have a uniform front and back lip of maybe 1mm, the embossed R on the wheels is uite well raised.
It has a fully stamped service book from Robins and Day and Fish Brothers, but I was expecting a wad of paperwork but the only other paperwork was for a clutch and flywheel that has just been done.
Haven't driven it yet as I decided to get the paint/interior protection, just waiting...
Update, back in their workshop as the heater only blows cold!

AlBuck

Reaction score
That’s not a good sign mate, hope you get it sorted out
They're replacing the thermostat and water pump, and I'm on the train home!
The good thing is I didn't even get out of the car park, so my 7 day trial and free insurance doesn't start until I pick it up.

AlBuck

Reaction score
Hey guys, please advise/comment on this.

I'm waiting for the thermostat and water pump replacement on the R, but something struck me is the vulnerability of the wheels, it's as though the 235/40R19 tyres are too skinny, the wheels have the most extreme overhang I've seen, I'm concerned as my street parking is with 2 wheels on the pavement due to the narrow street and I don't think they will survive long without damage.

Kenneth

Reaction score

I'm waiting for the thermostat and water pump replacement on the R, but something struck me is the vulnerability of the wheels, it's as though the 235/40R19 tyres are too skinny, the wheels have the most extreme overhang I've seen, I'm concerned as my street parking is with 2 wheels on the pavement due to the narrow street and I don't think they will survive long without damage.
I don’t have an R but my tyres have a bit of an overhang that have helped me a couple of times

just take the time to aim your mirrors down so you can see what’s going on. There’s supposedly a setting where the mirrors will automatically dip when you select reverse. But I either don’t have it. Can’t set it up right. Or don’t have it on mine. 🙄

Claret63

Reaction score

Anything With a diamond cut wheel is going to suffer more than a standard alloy, think the fact you have to mount the kerb to park it’s probably inevitable damage will occur, I have never thought of the R as having skinny tyres, the design of the wheel is to give a wider track in my opinion.

I hope all works out for you, out of interest have you driven an R before your purchase?

Kerr

Reaction score
Some tyres have more rim protection than others, but none will stop wheel contact with the kerb if you brush it with any force. They will get you off with minor touches.

You can get rim protectors, but they look silly and can come off causing more damage. I'd also fear they could mark and scratch the diamond cut finish with crime getting in.

Just practice parking. :)

AlBuck

Reaction score
Anything With a diamond cut wheel is going to suffer more than a standard alloy, think the fact you have to mount the kerb to park it’s probably inevitable damage will occur, I have never thought of the R as having skinny tyres, the design of the wheel is to give a wider track in my opinion.

I hope all works out for you, out of interest have you driven an R before your purchase?
To me it looks like wider tyres would be handy, but I'm old school.

No I haven't driven an R, the closest I got was warming it up, that's when I realised the heater wasn't working, but I have driven a lot of sports cars, from the 60s to the 90s up to 400BHP, but I am expecting something a bit radical as it's far more advanced!

Claret63

Reaction score
To me it looks like wider tyres would be handy, but I'm old school.

No I haven't driven an R, the closest I got was warming it up, that's when I realised the heater wasn't working, but I have driven a lot of sports cars, from the 60s to the 90s up to 400BHP, but I am expecting something a bit radical as it's far more advanced!

The R certainly is a sports car, hopefully it will tick all the boxes for you, good luck with everything and hope you receive your car soon!

AlBuck

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Still waiting on the R, in the meantime can I have your views on this report of these brake details, the front discs have a slight uniform lip, both faces on both discs.

Many thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_091415_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_091415_Firefox.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 14

Kerr

Reaction score
The discs are 32mm thick when new. 30mm is the minimum thickness.

A lot of Rs come to market when the brakes need replaced. 60% life left is good for a used car.

Claret63

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Still waiting on the R, in the meantime can I have your views on this report of these brake details, the front discs have a slight uniform lip, both faces on both discs.

Many thanks for all your help.

All looks good to me as Kerr says, the rears are cheap as chips to replace, I use Mtec brakes for discs and pads, they don’t do the fronts though, they are only available through Peugeot.

The minimum thickness for the disc for the fronts is scribed on the disc for future reference.

AlBuck

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping to hear.

I'll have to chase Cazoo tomorrow to find out what's going on.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Last edited: