What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie looking for an R

Kerr

Reaction score
The low mileage one has been reserved.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Didn’t the mileage jumper from 11 to 13 or am I making that up?

M19YEA

Reaction score
The advert said 13,000 miles. The picture of the clock showed 13,800 miles.
Ah, I thought when first advertised it was 11,000 they wrote. Maybe I’m confused with another 1.

Kerr

Reaction score
I just can’t get over how cheap that car is!

I'd like to know how much the previous owner traded it in for. Dealers usually only offer book value and that is very low.

It does seem strange that they've gone to the effort to keep, store and look after a car for 9 years, then it ended up at Derby Trade Cars.

Claret63

Reaction score
I'd like to know how much the previous owner traded it in for. Dealers usually only offer book value and that is very low.

It does seem strange that they've gone to the effort to keep, store and look after a car for 9 years, then it ended up at Derby Trade Cars.

I just can’t figure that out, like you say it would definitely been a low price for the trade in, but I am still confused why a garage would sell so cheaply, given the condition and mileage of the car?

Or maybe the value of our cars are simply a lot lower now?

Kerr

Reaction score
A 71,000 mile car has popped up for £9500 at a dealer.

The front discs have been advisories for the last couple of MOT, but no mention this year. Must have found a friendly tester.

It looks like it needs new tyres.

A couple of the wheels are too far gone. The NSF has been machined so far the spokes are noticeable wider. The R has been removed and they've painted that section of the wheel black. There is something odd going on around the wheel centre.

That wheel needs replaced on safety grounds. The rim is too thin.

Claret63

Reaction score
The wheels are the Achilles heel along with the brakes on the R, it’s not a surprise when cars come up with these problems.

IMO the wheels are a crazy design for a daily driver given how easy anyone can kerb a car by mistake, add to that the diamond cut and they become even more of a problem given the British climate.

That car given the potential spend is overpriced and a gamble for some, but for someone who wants to have some fun and is not bothered about depreciation then go for it.

I do wonder how long it will take Rs like that to level out price wise with the rest of the range, not long in my opinion.

The black R with low mileage that sold last week shows that the value of the R is dropping drastically, it also proves I was wrong with my previous comments on here regarding future values.

M19YEA

Reaction score
A 71,000 mile car has popped up for £9500 at a dealer.

The front discs have been advisories for the last couple of MOT, but no mention this year. Must have found a friendly tester.

It looks like it needs new tyres.

A couple of the wheels are too far gone. The NSF has been machined so far the spokes are noticeable wider. The R has been removed and they've painted that section of the wheel black. There is something odd going on around the wheel centre.

That wheel needs replaced on safety grounds. The rim is too thin.
It looks a little battered, steering wheel doesn’t look too clever and they’ve been kicking the bottom of the door a lot on exit 😂

M19YEA

Reaction score
The one from Tadley still there, Peugeot warranty until March 2025.
Looks like the one with an off road suspension is gone unless it comes back on.

Claret63

Reaction score
It looks a little battered, steering wheel doesn’t look too clever and they’ve been kicking the bottom of the door a lot on exit 😂

It does look a little uncared for, what’s going on at the back on the boot lip with the black plastic ?

M19YEA

Reaction score
It does look a little uncared for, what’s going on at the back on the boot lip with the black plastic ?
I’ve got no idea, some protector? It’s strange because the exhaust tips look like they’ve been polished but then the rest not so much.

AlBuck

Reaction score
Thanks again guys, I love these initial inspections, you see so much more than a newbie (y)

AlBuck

Reaction score
Did you go and view the Black low mileage one at Derby then?
No I was touring Spain on a motorbike when it came up, but to be honest I was very suspicious of it, it made no sense at all, when something looks too good to be true, in my experience, it always is!

Charlie1875

Reaction score
No I was touring Spain on a motorbike when it came up, but to be honest I was very suspicious of it, it made no sense at all, when something looks too good to be true, in my experience, it always is!
Well maybe you are correct but go viewing with an open mind, don’t forget these are coming upto 10 years old so won’t be perfect, keep hunting the right one will turn up