What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

newbie here... with RCZ R

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
THP200forMe said:
To be honest, I'm not worried about the 270 ponies in that 1.6 engine. I'm used to old school hondas with hi revving/hi output engines and they never failed me.
You can build a 1.6 liter to ridiculous power numbers. It is always down to the questions: how long shall it last till it goes bang. I'm looking for the first 300bhp RCZ R pop up.

By the way, do you guys know the gear ratios on the RCZ R?

With so more engine strengthening and a larger turbo you could get the 1.6l to 350. I would say that the one in the 'R' can get too 300 easily.

350 bhp through the front wheels :wtf: you would torque steer yourself off the road constantly LSD OR NOT

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
RCZ-Performance said:
THP200forMe said:
To be honest, I'm not worried about the 270 ponies in that 1.6 engine. I'm used to old school hondas with hi revving/hi output engines and they never failed me.
You can build a 1.6 liter to ridiculous power numbers. It is always down to the questions: how long shall it last till it goes bang. I'm looking for the first 300bhp RCZ R pop up.

By the way, do you guys know the gear ratios on the RCZ R?

With so more engine strengthening and a larger turbo you could get the 1.6l to 350. I would say that the one in the 'R' can get too 300 easily.

350 bhp through the front wheels :wtf: you would torque steer yourself off the road constantly LSD OR NOT
Slicks and a 1/4 mile it would be perfect ;)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:

who said you have to step on it all the time? ;)
it is down to what you make out of it. Currently I'm driving a Renault Megane sport with 270 ponies and an LSD. Works fine. It also works fine if pushed to 300 ponies but then you have to watch your foot. Digital driving is not recommended then.

I'm looking for the gear ratios as I want to ditch the 155mph speed limiter. Therefore it'd be good to know, if especially the 6th gear on the RCZ R has another ratio as the THP200 which runs into the limiter at top speed.