What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

newbie here... with RCZ R

RCZ-R

Reaction score
hi guys,

I'd like to introduce myself to this community. Currently I live in zee Germany and I'm new to Peugeot cars. The brand is well know to me as since I was a kid I always wanted to drive a 205 Turbo 16 :) and few others like the 405 MI16. Or just a good 'ol 505.

OK, back to topic. I've just put an order for an RCZ R. It will arrive here in May 2014. I hope to provide you with some insights about autobahn storming at 155mph (and hopefully above as soon as the limiter's been kicked).

cheers
luke

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Welcome :)

What colour/extras have you gone for?

Thank you for the welcome!
I went for red and full extras except the alarm system and all those stickers.
First I thought, oh let's save some weight and skip few extras but then I'll be using this car as my daily driver. So I'd like to enjoy some decent comfort. I'm gonna put some miles on it rather quickly (traveling salesman).

RCZ1

Reaction score
Nice colour choice ;)

Can't wait to see it - much like you I expect ! :grin:

Welcome to the forum too :wave:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
Why the 5 months wait :wtf:

I didnt think they were even going to start building them til January, then you have all the pre orders to build from the events they have taken it to. Im guessing they will be built on the same line so will have to fit them in along with all the others.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would think they have already started building them as orders were being taken from November so some should be rolling off the production line as we speak.

A

Anonymous

Welcome and congrats! Good luck with the 5 month wait! Going to be a loooooooong 5 months!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
thanks guys!

Yeah, will be long 5 months :(

Until then I hope there will be first power upgrades available. Something around 300 bhp would be nice :)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
Welcome 300bhp from a 1.6 it'll explode ;)

I wouldn't worry too much. Technology moved forward. Figures like these are nothing exceptional anymore. I hope that engine has some hidden kuddos to unleash :)

Now I regret I didn't place the order by Oct 2013, as a pre-order available at selected dealers. Then shipment during early Jan/Feb would be feasible. But I decided to wait upon some verdict on the RCZ R from UK press like the EVO magazine. By the time I read the review I was convinced. Ready to sign but actually far away from home. Finally during December I returned home and signed the contract.
I was also promised to get a test drive on a RCZ R during Feb. I hope they'll make it cause they are concerned about the winter tyres and especially about the non-existing aftermarket rims they could put the winter rubber on. Finger crossed it will happen!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:

Your probably right. You could probably get a couple extra horses out of it, but without further internal modofication it wont be much. Peugeot have already done everything a tuner would do to it.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
bigmac3161 said:

Your probably right. You could probably get a couple extra horses out of it, but without further internal modofication it wont be much. Peugeot have already done everything a tuner would do to it.
Car makers always over-build the engines in the first place to make sure they don't blow up so the 270 bhp is not the limit for this engine at all. I reckon you will get atleast 290 bhp with a chip alone and it will probably handle that without too much hassle :)

Great to see someone who has bought one tho! I would so like to have a test drive in one of them too when they arrive! :D

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
I would so like to have a test drive in one of them too when they arrive! :D

The Peugeot dealership that I now use is an independent and the guy that owns it has ordered one for his own company car. The order has apparently been put back and is now due to arrive in March. May go and have a test drive of that. Only out of curiosity, as I do not want nor can I afford to buy one.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not worried about the 270 ponies in that 1.6 engine. I'm used to old school hondas with hi revving/hi output engines and they never failed me.
You can build a 1.6 liter to ridiculous power numbers. It is always down to the questions: how long shall it last till it goes bang. I'm looking for the first 300bhp RCZ R pop up.

By the way, do you guys know the gear ratios on the RCZ R?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Not the exact ones, but they are different from the THP 200 atleast.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
THP200forMe said:
To be honest, I'm not worried about the 270 ponies in that 1.6 engine. I'm used to old school hondas with hi revving/hi output engines and they never failed me.
You can build a 1.6 liter to ridiculous power numbers. It is always down to the questions: how long shall it last till it goes bang. I'm looking for the first 300bhp RCZ R pop up.

By the way, do you guys know the gear ratios on the RCZ R?

With so more engine strengthening and a larger turbo you could get the 1.6l to 350. I would say that the one in the 'R' can get too 300 easily.