What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New RCZ owner --cambelt

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My wife has just purchased an old rcz with a hdi motor. Its currently due for a cambelt change. Has anyone been down this road before? Is there any issues I need to be aware of? I have changed cambelts before (infact changed the 407's cambelt 2 weeks ago).

seeya,
Shane L.

craigw14

Reaction score
Hi.

I've just had my timing chain changed in the last month at 74000 miles as the chain stretched. I'm not sure if the hdi engine also has a chain as I have the 1.6 156 thp engine.

Craigw

Pedro

Reaction score
Cambelt on the diesels changed every 10 years or approx. 140.00 Klm depending on the owners discretion & service history of the car

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
Oh, I meant any issues I shoudl know about changing it.... I'll be doing it myself :) ... Space in there to fit my hands looks, er, "snug" :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t believe there’s anything untoward when changing the belt and water pump in the HDI, I’m sure you’ll find it a breeze as some garages are charging around £350 it must be pretty straight forward.

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
OK, I better get on with this job over the next week or so (while I'm off work). Does anyone have the manual steps for the cambelt change? I did change the 407 RHR cambelt last year, but that looks far more spacious under the bonnet, so probably needs less removed. I guess I just keep unbolting stuff until I get enough access ? :)

seeya,
Shane L.