What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New RCZ 200 GT owner

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Nemi said:
Today i took my car to a guy who works with peugeot cars and he tried to diagnose the problem. When the car was running pressure levels were fine. Eventually check engine light disappeared (he did not clear the code). We decided not to do anything yet and see if this error happens again.

If this error happens again, firstly we will change low pressure fuel pump and see if this helps. If not, then high pressure fuel pump.

According to this article https://www.etuners.gr/peugeot-citroen- ... icing-101/ both fuel pumps don't last long.

Currently my RCZ runs fine but i'm pretty sure i will see that error again :eusa-whistle:

Good find Nemi,

Hopefully it doesn't return. There's nowt like a returning fault to put doubt in your mind before a big drive.
Better the fault is rectified if it returns to instill that reassurance to keep you smiling.

Nemi

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the worst part - i'm afraid to do long journeys until assured that this problems is fixed :thumbdown: European RCZ Meeting is coming soon :?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting reading from etuners :eusa-think: they say no issues with RCZ coils should last years??? Eh? It’s probably one of the most frequently changed failed part on the RCZ very strange. :crazy:

tianorth

Reaction score
Is it changed (coils) out if necessity or we will try this and see if it resolved the issue?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think when you go through old posts a lot of owners have sorted running issues out by changing the coils even when dealers haven’t identified an issue with the coils. :eusa-think:

Nemi

Reaction score
Today i had my high pressure fuel pump replaced. Price for HPFP was 460 EUR and labour was 25 EUR (not at official Peugeot dealer of course) :eusa-shhh:

I hope this solves my engine fault - repair needed problem.

renegade79

Reaction score
cheap labour :thumbup: . from what I've read on here its not that easy to get to the high pressure fuel pump!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
renegade79 said:
cheap labour :thumbup: . from what I've read on here its not that easy to get to the high pressure fuel pump!

Spoke to a Peugeot mechanic yesterday and asked him how easy it was to change the HP fuel pump after one forum member recently had said he was quoted £1400 by his local pug dealership. My Man laughed and said dead easy around an hour to swap. He also said not a common problem and always on high mileage cars and usually comes up as a misfire on No 4 cylinder.

Nemi

Reaction score
My engine started leaking oil recently :eusa-think:

Took it to peugeot dealership and they have found two issues. One is that oil cooler is leaking and second leaking spot is cylinder head plastic cover (as seen in the picture below).

Currently they are looking for a solution to fix oil cooler without changing entire unit. Maybe some gaskets need to replaced and that's all.

As for plastic cover issue, i guess i will deal with it later :?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
^ Are you sure it is not just the oil cap leaking? The sealing on those sometimes goes hard and it starts to leak oil slowly on to the valve cover.

Nemi

Reaction score
Cap looks fine. I will try to clean that cover and check if it starts leaking again. Maybe exact leak spot will be visible.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve had the rocker cover gasket changed by my dealer and it’s still leaking looks like the plastic cover must warp and the only solution is to replace it. :crazy:

Nemi

Reaction score
Some update about my RCZ this year:

* Replaced valve cover (was a bit cracked and leaking oil, pictures somewhere above), cost 150 Eur + 50 Eur labor
* Replaced third (middle) break light (few LEDs were faulty), cost 90 Eur
* Replaced thermostat & housing (was leaking coolant), cost 170 Eur + 60 Eur labor
* Burned A LOT of engine oil (about 1L/2000km) :shock:

Now that i have most common issues fixed (chain, HPFP, thermostat, ignition coils), i hope to spend more time enjoying my RCZ rather than fixing it :eusa-shhh:

And also put a cheap RCZ sticker

lekserok

Reaction score
Hello,

finally i got my RCZ! It is MK2 2013 200 GT pearl white with black arches - exactly what i was looking for.

I did 200km and so far this car is pretty fun to drive :dance: I really like the interior. Seats look great in black and white. Today i will have a fun time washing it and exploring all the buttons and features. In my to-do list i have Pipercross air filter and RCZ R gear knob (i don't like the original gear knob as it is to round for me).

I hope to get some help (if needed) in this forum since i'm not a car guy :)

beautiful

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Fantastic car. You will have many fun days to come 👍

Nemi

Reaction score
A few months ago I got into an accident and my old RCZ was wrecked.

I decided to get another RCZ. This time a black 200 THP.

I got it relatively cheap so I knew there might be some engine-related problems and today P0012 (camshaft timing is over-retarded) error showed up. Other than that, the car runs fine 🥳