What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New RCZ 200 GT owner

Nemi

Reaction score
Hello,

finally i got my RCZ! It is MK2 2013 200 GT pearl white with black arches - exactly what i was looking for.

I did 200km and so far this car is pretty fun to drive :dance: I really like the interior. Seats look great in black and white. Today i will have a fun time washing it and exploring all the buttons and features. In my to-do list i have Pipercross air filter and RCZ R gear knob (i don't like the original gear knob as it is to round for me).

I hope to get some help (if needed) in this forum since i'm not a car guy :)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Welcome. Great looking car :thumbup:
I also love the black and white interior. I wish the R was similar.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, nice choice of colour! I am biased though :lol: you'll find the forum invaluable for any queries you have on RCZ ownership. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi Nemi,

Loving the car and oh the seats - heaven !!!

You'll get a lot of help on this forum - just ask..

Finally Welcome to the club !!! :thumbup: :wave:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

Great looking car :clap: same interior as mine, except they have put the steering wheel on the wrong side :eusa-whistle:

Nemi

Reaction score
Actually i was looking for Moroccan Red but those are rare :eusa-whistle:

Quick question, is "Automatic tilting of the mirror in reverse gear for parking" optional feature? Don't see this option in my vehicle settings. Would be great to have it.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Nemi said:
Actually i was looking for Moroccan Red but those are rare :eusa-whistle:

Quick question, is "Automatic tilting of the mirror in reverse gear for parking" optional feature? Don't see this option in my vehicle settings. Would be great to have it.

You should have it. It isnt an option you enable, it just does it. I think you either need to have that mirror selected, or not selected. Sorry, I cant remember.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you engage reverse gear, you have to slide the mirror select switch on the drivers door to whichever side you want to tilt down. That mirror will then tilt allowing you to see the rear wheel at the side selected. You can adjust this view using the mirror controls, and the mirror will then always go to your desired position.

I don’t use it a lot, but it’s great when reversing into tight spots so you can see the curbs or white lines. :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
If you engage reverse gear, you have to slide the mirror select switch on the drivers door to whichever side you want to tilt down. That mirror will then tilt allowing you to see the rear wheel at the side selected. You can adjust this view using the mirror controls, and the mirror will then always go to your desired position.

I don’t use it a lot, but it’s great when reversing into tight spots so you can see the curbs or white lines. :thumbup:

+1

Nemi

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

Thanks, that worked! I thought "automatic mirror tilt when in reverse" would be automatic but i guess it is semi-automatic :eusa-whistle:

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi and welcome . It is automatic if you leave the switch in the selected side position. it will return to normal view when you drive forward. :greetings-wavingblue:

Frogfoot

Reaction score
Hi and welcome, lovely looking macing you have there, I like the interior a lot.

Nemi

Reaction score
It has been two months since i've got my RCZ and just wanted to leave an update on my car :)

During first two months of ownership i have done:

* Changed engine oil (Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5W30) + oil filter
* Changed transmission oil (because gear shifting was kind of grindy but that didn't help much, maybe clutch problem?)
* Changed coolant level sensor, but eventually i disconnected it since it broke again :thumbdown: Screw that sensor, i will check coolant level myself
* K&N air filter
* NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
* Cabin air filter
* RCZ R gear knob (i really don't like the standard gear knob)
* RT6 updated to 2.86
* ECU remap - now my RCZ has 171kW (~230HP) / 340 Nm

Now i just want to replace plate number lights and reverse lights to LED and i think that will be it until next summer. On my wishlist i have wheel spacers, quad exhaust (maybe even full exhaust upgrade) and new summer tyres.

So far car is fun to drive :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's quite a shopping list Nemi but she's looking good sat there giving that menacing smile ( top pic ).

I looked at spacers but cant quite think why I decide against, but the quad exhaust is a must just as DKZ !!

Did you notice a difference when you put new spark plugs in and after the K & N filter.

I was wanting to make mine just sound a little more throaty, don't know how to go about it yet, cos I don't want to change the exhaust but this might be the only way.

Plenty of time yet....

Have you thought about adding a decal / transfer to give a more focused look?

Very good so far... :thumbup:

Nemi

Reaction score
I didn't feel any difference after changing spark plugs and air filter but after remap my RCZ noticeably different :shock: Acceleration is really good now but fuel consumption has increased. Before remap i was getting 5.6l/100km and after remap i'm getting 6.3l/100km :eusa-think: Overall i'm happy with the remap :thumbup:

I was considering to do something with plastidip on my car but my gf does not like that idea and she likes how the car looks now :)

And yeah, a more aggressive sound would be awesome :twisted:

Nemi

Reaction score
Yesterday i started my car and 'Engine Fault - Repair Needed' appeared on display. Error code was:

P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low

I felt slight vibrations when car was idling and when accelerating it starts jerking (if that is correct term :crazy: )

I was 150km away from home and decided not to drive back home in current condition so i called my insurance company and arranged transportation

It is sad to see my dirty RCZ up there...

I called our official peugeot dealer but they told me that currently they cannot diagnose engine problems... :x

Tomorrow i will take my RCZ to some guy from our local peugeot club (who has experience with EP6 engines) to check what is wrong with my car and fix it. Most likely i will need new high pressure fuel pump :eusa-whistle:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed it’s a easy cheap fix. :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes Nemi that's a very sad looking RCZ on that trailer.

+1 hope it isn't an expensive or difficult repair and your lovely Z is right back where it belongs - on the road!!

Nemi

Reaction score
Today i took my car to a guy who works with peugeot cars and he tried to diagnose the problem. When the car was running pressure levels were fine. Eventually check engine light disappeared (he did not clear the code). We decided not to do anything yet and see if this error happens again.

If this error happens again, firstly we will change low pressure fuel pump and see if this helps. If not, then high pressure fuel pump.

According to this article https://www.etuners.gr/peugeot-citroen- ... icing-101/ both fuel pumps don't last long.

Currently my RCZ runs fine but i'm pretty sure i will see that error again :eusa-whistle: