What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New front brake pads for RCZ R

2retro

Reaction score
TAC said:
renegade79 said:
I was quoted €150 for front pad replacements on my HDi!!!! I thought that was expensive!! :wtf:

My mate drives a Ferrari had one of his wing mirrors smashed by another passing car the other day.
He told me today it will cost him £1950.00 :shock:

If he drives a Ferrari he'll probably find the cash for that down the back of the sofa... ;)

thornebt

Reaction score
I'm glad I bought a 1.6THP as my front brake pads (Mintex) were £22.60 and a pair of front discs (Apec) were £63, both including delivery. So about £85 for the total job although I did have to buy a torx socket for a couple of quid.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Joske said:
That 's the reason why I did not trade my RCZ for an R. It's economically insane to drive it every day. (I make 28 000km a year)

Ask me! I do about 40-50.000km a year with the R :dance:
But I asked myself, is it sane to drive some cheap box with a small diesel engine to save few bucks a year but suffer from it day by day? Waste precious time on the roads, cause it is slow? Be harassed by some Audi drivers on the fast lane? Arrive at the meeting sweaty and stressed? Worry about reliability?
My answer was, hell no! :greetings-wavingblue:

misterx

Reaction score
tony1968 said:
I have not priced the front discs up yet but see it you can, i wouldnt be expecting much change out of £1000 if any (may be more expensive) due to them being Alcon.

I am told they are £1200 the pair but as the work is under warranty it isn't my wallet that bears the cost.

Took a call ten minutes ago to say that only one front disc for an RCZ R in the UK and the other one needs to be shipped from the continent and won't be here until 18th March at the earliest. I get to keep the 308HDi for another fortnight.....

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
RCZ-R said:
Ask me! I do about 40-50.000km a year with the R :dance:
But I asked myself, is it sane to drive some cheap box with a small diesel engine to save few bucks a year but suffer from it day by day? Waste precious time on the roads, cause it is slow? Be harassed by some Audi drivers on the fast lane? Arrive at the meeting sweaty and stressed? Worry about reliability?
My answer was, hell no! :greetings-wavingblue:

I still enjoy my RCZ Diesel.

Buy a RCZ R and building a house (house has a big garage so the RCZ can sleep inside) :mrgreen: ... Priorities. :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

misterx

Reaction score
Call from garage to say that I can collect my car, with new disks fitted, today. :clap:

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
misterx said:
Yep, a few pence off £430....

Still, I couldn't do without them!

Including labour. That is quite the price you have to pay for them. Over here about 350 euros for the material plus labour.

Those are the pads we are looking at:

http://ecat.ferodoracing.com/car-tuning ... s/FDSR3135
http://www.hrpworld.com/store/default/p ... 5-7mm.html

and here a pretty good price in the UK:
http://www.jdl-brakes.com/ds-performanc ... liper.html

Hi everyone,

I'm from JDL, company mentioned in link above.
We offer Ferodo DS2500 and DS Performance pads at very good prices for RCZ R
For all RCZ forum members we can offer additional 10% discount. Please to use EVORA code on checkout.

Available Ferodo DS2500 : http://www.jdl-brakes.com/ferodo-ds2500-pads-frp3135h.html
and Ferodo DS Performance : http://www.jdl-brakes.com/ferodo-ds-performance-fdsr3135.html

Prices are £116 + VAT ( less your discount ) and £93 + VAT ( less your discount )

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, there's a custom brake firm in Sheffield (Custom brakes and Hydraulics Sheffield) they were on wheeler dealers they reckon they can re-line any brake component I wonder if it would be possible to re-line the original pads on the R? May be an option? :eusa-think:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi guys, there's a custom brake firm in Sheffield (Custom brakes and Hydraulics Sheffield) they were on wheeler dealers they reckon they can re-line any brake component I wonder if it would be possible to re-line the original pads on the R? May be an option? :eusa-think:

what is "re-line any brake component"? Move it to another position on the hub? Why would they do that? Afterwards you need to re-calibrate the whole brake system.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
neilgsxr69 said:

what is "re-line any brake component"? Move it to another position on the hub? Why would they do that? Afterwards you need to re-calibrate the whole brake system.

What I meant was they claim to offer a service to replace the friction material on brake shoes or pads for any vehicle.

Hope this clarifies things :eusa-think:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Now that would be very interesting as currently there are not many brake pads available for the R

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Wouldn't brands like Carborne Lorraine (talk to Kam racing), pagid, endless make pads for the alcon brakes? I know when I was looking at the cl pads, they said they could make a pad for my 307 brakes if they didn't have.

You could look at getting a pad that's close and getting it water jet cut to match the profile of the required pad. A lot of race teams do it when they can't get a pad in the right compound to fit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Over here in ze Germany you can forget something like this. The police and the MOT will almost cause Armageddon over you when they lern you're using better brake pads than the stock one. It is overregulated.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Personally I would not use anything but OEM or after-market main brand brake pads made specifically for the car I drive (e.g. Brembo, Tarox, Alcon), and definitely not resurfaced ones. Not using the correct pads may void warranty and/or insurance.

A

Anonymous

Buy a set of pads on line and get a reputable garage to fit them. Im a mechanic and would charge £30 labour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just been on phone to custom brakes Sheffield and it's a no go to re line the pads on the R their service is to re line brake shoes which is a completely different ball game!

Was worth a try :oops:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi, just been on phone to custom brakes Sheffield and it's a no go to re line the pads on the R their service is to re line brake shoes which is a completely different ball game!

Was worth a try :oops:

Yes completely different and understandable that shoes are done as they are usually found in the rear brakes and are not the primary braking set for the car.

Glad you checked :thumbup: