What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New front brake pads for RCZ R

misterx

Reaction score
No, I have to pay for this.
80% worn after 24,000 miles.
I am told that as they are "special" brakes they command an especially high price!
I'm in discussions with my mortgage company...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
If its only pads, you could do it yourself :p

I cant find anywhere that sells R front brake pads though.

PS. It must be more than £200 as they have an offer to change frobt brakes for 200 but the R is exempt from the offer lol

A

Anonymous

misterx said:
No, I have to pay for this.
80% worn after 24,000 miles.
I am told that as they are "special" brakes they command an especially high price!
I'm in discussions with my mortgage company...

I wouldn't worry, they'll be expensive sources through a dealership but you'll be able to order the parts much cheaper elsewhere I would imagine. If it's just the lads that are worn then it really shouldn't be too pricey.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

misterx

Reaction score
Despite the new pads and other work done on the brakes, they are still screeching when warm and when you bring the car to a stop.

Main Dealer has today got authorisation from Peugeot to replace the front disks under warranty as they seem to be the problem. I get to drive the courtesy car (308 HDi) until Friday......

renegade79

Reaction score
I was quoted €150 for front pad replacements on my HDi!!!! I thought that was expensive!! :wtf:

A

Anonymous

I have not priced the front discs up yet but see it you can, i wouldnt be expecting much change out of £1000 if any (may be more expensive) due to them being Alcon.

TAC

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
I was quoted €150 for front pad replacements on my HDi!!!! I thought that was expensive!! :wtf:

My mate drives a Ferrari had one of his wing mirrors smashed by another passing car the other day.
He told me today it will cost him £1950.00 :shock: