What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

New - Dont own yet

A

Anonymous

Hello

hope you are all well i am thinking of changing my car and gettinga n RCZ and just needed some information from you guys, currently have a Seat Leon Cupra mk2 stage 2+ but i need something not so thursty soim looking at a 61 plate hdi GT. but i have concerns that where ever i look at a review (Parkers say) it says Cons = reliability problems

can some one please clarify are these car more unreliable than other?

motorway cruising at 70 mpg real life figures please :)?

also what can the clutch handle ill be getting a remap done are the clutches made of cheese like in vauxhalls?

im 6ft 5 and worried i wont fit. any other tall drivers out there?

i cant seem to find a picture of a car lowered on Eibach or a picture of a car with a splitter can any one point me in that direction please?

many many thanks and hopefuly ill be joining you lot soon.

A

Anonymous

Hello and welcome! :)

Cant help with the diesel questions but I might shed some light on the others.

Im not quite as tall as you about 190 cm. And I fit just fine, my coworker who is almost 210 did not seem very comfortable driving the car. I recommend you take one for a test drive first.

Never seen a rcz lowered on eibach springs, but the H&r springs lower the same amount (20 mms.)
Here is my car right after the springs where fitted, keep in mind that my wheels are 18 with 45 mm tires.

Rcz performance sells and has pictures of most of the splitters available on the market on his webpage.
http://www.rczperformance.com/Exterior.html

Hope this helps a little :)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The hdi is the most reliable engine of the range, but there could be problems in other areas. It depends on the car really as some have a lot of problems and some, like myself havent had any problems.

A

Anonymous

Welcome. I would expect you to be achieving 50-55mpg doing 70mph on the motorway, more if you use a good quality fuel.

The engine is very reliable, I've had one for nearly four trouble free years. You hear of very few problems and nothing stands out as being a common fault.

Can't comment on the clutch or height as I'm only about 5' 10" and do not do modifying.

A

Anonymous

cheers for the input guys much appreciated. fond a 61 plate local with 43k on it for 13k which seems reasonable.

does the hdi have a cambelt? if so when does it need replaceing and how often are services?

cheers

A

Anonymous

Cheers that's a load off. 13k sou d about right for a car with 43k on clock?

A

Anonymous

Only had my HDI for a month so reliability not confirmed yet. Absolutely love the car. 6ft 4" and very comfortable

Try it out and see if you like it

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Is any car guaranteed to be 100% bullet proof? I've done 6k in my RCZ and it's not so far needed any warranty work. I did 600 miles in my Z4 coupe before BMW GB had to buy it back. I'd certainly not be put off buying an RCZ if it's the car you want, just like I'd not be put off buying a BMW again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

the HDi is generally considered more "bullet proof" than the GT156 or GT200 simply because the heavy diesel is more agricultural and takes a bigger battering before something goes wrong.

I've owned two RCZ's and went for the petrol both times though.

The_Bear

Reaction score
I think "agricultural' might give the wrong impression - it is a modern common rail engine, with smooth and refined power delivery, and decent fuel consumption (my average over 1500 miles so far is 49mpg, which is mostly pottering about with a few motorway runs) - that said, it is certainly heavier than the petrol - I think you would be happy with either :)

A

Anonymous

cheers for teh replies guys much apprecaited

off to look on Sunday aslong as the test fit goes ok Sat Morning

could be seeing more of you guys soon

:) fingers crossed

A

Anonymous

Well that didn't turn out well. The car was lovely drives really well but unfortunately I'm to tall. Appears 6 ft 5 is a tad to tall. My head is on the thicker b pillar roll bar. Just can't get the seat low enough which is a real shame..

Not sure what to do next

A

Anonymous

leekeene said:
Well that didn't turn out well. The car was lovely drives really well but unfortunately I'm to tall. Appears 6 ft 5 is a tad to tall. My head is on the thicker b pillar roll bar. Just can't get the seat low enough which is a real shame..

Not sure what to do next

Cry :(

A

Anonymous

did all that. as low as it will go and as far back as it will go. i just dont fit.

tried a TT that was even worse!

complete polar oppersite they had an insignia SRI VX LINE which i was orignally after a few month back so trip might not be a complete loss

sorry guy wish i was joining you but they dont make cars for tall people.

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi and bye it sounds like Shame :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

I'm 6 foot 4 with a fat arse so assume my head is in the same position as yours. When I bought my mr2 ten years ago I found I only just fitted (it was a facelift model) and couldn't fit in the older one that had slightly different seats. It was a case of millimetre differences but also a case of go/no go.

I have a facelift gt. Maybe someone else can confirm if the electric and non electric seats and fl/pre fl seats are identical and go as low as each other. If there are differences try a different spec.

I fit in that rcz r wearing a crash helmet though so I can't understand why you're so tight unless your long in body and short on legs.

Before the rcz I tried both țt and gt86 and couldn't operate the clutch in either of them as my leg was pinned between steering wheel and centre console. Tt was also marginal for headroom.

I hope the seats are different and you can find a way to sit comfortably in it.

A

Anonymous

Oh and forgot to mention if I put the seat right back (too far from steering for my tastes) my head does brush b pillar line roof bulge. Slightly further forward and you gain an inch headroom. Worth a play around.