What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

new car detail

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
The reason i ask :eusa-think: is that Jassy is seriously fed up detailing the focus..........man its so labour intensive and pernickty to get around all them black plastic bits the rcz was a breeze to do compared to this car,l spent 4 hours on the focus today and only got half the car done.........the roof is huge compared to the rcz :wtf:

all in it was £280 that was £200 for the new car detail and £80 for the full vx1pro + metal and plastic coating ...do people think thats good value !! i think it would be worth having done on the focus jassy and i think it will save time and from time to time i will just use some V7 just to bling it ...

A

Anonymous

I paid £250 for 'new car detail' with G3 Glasscoat Ceramic Sealant Protection so we both paid aroound the same so seems like the going rate

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
The reason i ask :eusa-think: is that Jassy is seriously fed up detailing the focus..........man its so labour intensive and pernickty to get around all them black plastic bits the rcz was a breeze to do compared to this car,l spent 4 hours on the focus today and only got half the car done.........the roof is huge compared to the rcz :wtf:

Man up jassy lad lol Try detailing a huge 4x4 like the OH's then you'll find out what labour intensive is !
That's why I put Gtechniq C1 on it. Similar to 22ple as they are both coatings which offer scratch resistance too but they do make cleaning the car easier. Dirt is hard to stick to it.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
I paid £250 for 'new car detail' with G3 Glasscoat Ceramic Sealant Protection so we both paid aroound the same so seems like the going rate

some people may think its exspensive , but when you consider the life span of these products and the attention to detail these guys put in ..i consider it value for money ...others may not agree but we all have a choice

A

Anonymous

mel said:
Grantp said:

some people may think its exspensive , but when you consider the life span of these products and the attention to detail these guys put in ..i consider it value for money ...others may not agree but we all have a choice

I agree, when I picked up my car I knew that I would never have been able to make it look as good as it did. I've agreed to have a quarterly spruce up and he has told me just to snow foam / rince and dry in the interim period.

Even I think I can manage that :thumbup: so hopefully my Z will always looks its best.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Do you guys know if you had enhancement details or corrective details?

He did some corrective on mine as he found marks around to fromt badge and drivers handle. This is what his new car detail is according to his web site

Exterior

Washing & Cleaning

Clean wheels and wheel arches
Clean door shuts
Wash paintwork and glass on exterior of car
Remove all tar from the paintwork
Use clay bar on the paintwork*
Dry all exterior

Cleansing

Apply cleansing polish by machine to the paintwork

Wax / Sealant

Apply wax or sealant to the paintwork

Detail Dressings and Protectants

Apply dressing to tyres and wheels arches
Clean exterior glass and apply rain repellent
Clean and protect exhaust with metal polish

Interior

Vacuum all interior removing all dirt and debris
Clean all hard surfaces, ensuring no dust left in crevices or marks on switch gear
Clean and prepare all leather / cloth surfaces
Apply leather conditioner to all leather surfaces / fabric guard to all cloth surfaces
Clean floor mats and apply fabric guard

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Do you guys know if you had enhancement details or corrective details?

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

the car had a 2 stage polishing (corrective) then the rest was enhancement ..inc nanolex glass seal / full 22ple vx1pro and alloy and plastics .... + alot of other stuff :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
You both got good deals there. To get 2 stage polishing (corrective) is even better especially as it was over 2 days too. Very good value for money in my eyes :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I see in a blog on detailing world that 22ple vx1 pro and other 22ple products where used with amazing results mel.........so if its good enough for a porsche its good enough for a any car mate :thumbup:

Attachments

• 22ple.jpg
    22ple.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 4,981
  • Porsche997CarreraS-10 22plw.jpg
    Porsche997CarreraS-10 22plw.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 4,981
A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I see in a blog on detailing world that 22ple vx1 pro and other 22ple products where used with amazing results mel.........so if its good enough for a porsche its good enough for a any car mate :thumbup:

oh yes its blinged the old dagenham dustbin up a treat ...have you thought any more about having the st3 done when funds allow the paint feels like a 7 denier stocking ;) ;) and i like the feel of them :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
jassyo06 said:

oh yes its blinged the old dagenham dustbin up a treat ...have you thought any more about having the st3 done when funds allow the paint feels like a 7 denier stocking ;) ;) and i like the feel of them :lol: :lol:

Would it make a difference to Frozen white paint :eusa-think: I KINDA REGRET not getting performance Blue in the ST.
2 WHITE CARS in a row bit of a foopah on my behalf.

The focus is sooooo difficult to wax,polish,seal whatever you want call it....for all the wee nooks & crannys on it...ie all the black plastics area's and i have a bad back into the bargain :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mel said:
jassyo06 said:

Would it make a difference to Frozen white paint :eusa-think: I KINDA REGRET not getting performance Blue in the ST.

The focus is sooooo difficult to wax,polish,seal whatever you want call it....for all the wee nooks & crannys on it...ie all the black plastics area's and i have a bad back into the bargain :(

check out the white mercedes on the fb page ...man this guy can get them gleaming
https://www.facebook.com/AutoDetox?fref=ts

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jassy, I would say go for it. It will add a shine to your car but more than that it will shrug off the worst of the dirt, more than a wax would. That's what these nano sealants / glass coatings are renowned for as well as durability. It will help you reduce the time it takes to keep on top of the car.

A

Anonymous

The focus is sooooo difficult to wax,polish,seal whatever you want call it....for all the wee nooks & crannys on it...ie all the black plastics area's and i have a bad back into the bargain :([/quote]

check out the white mercedes on the fb page ...man this guy can get them gleaming
https://www.facebook.com/AutoDetox?fref=ts[/quote][/quote]
sounds like your a bit down with the colour choice jassy ...man that is a cracking car in a cracking colour ..i think the time and effort it is taking to keep on top of it ...it may be of benefit to get an exterior coating on it and that way it will stay looking like new for a very long while with just a wash :thumbup: and it may just give ya the lift ya need right now .......stay with it dude :D :D

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mel said:
jassyo06 said:

Performance blue is to be my choice if I do go for the ST3 when I choose my next car. That'll be three blue cars in a row for me but I love them and they've all been quite different shades. LOVE the performance blue though. Also thinks it looks cool in Panther black but couldn't live with it I don't think. My OCD would go into overdrive!!! :shock::shock::shock: Anyway, yours looks ace dude!! :cool::cool:

A

Anonymous

really did notice the difference on cleaning the car today ...both in how smooth the paint was and how little time it took ..done the usuall billberry wheel clean , then vp advanced snowfoam , then zymol shampoo the mitt just glides over what a difference !! then hosed off and straight away the water was sheeting away it was then quite simply wipe and go , with so little water to dry off !! ...if your thinking about a sealant then stop thinking and get it actioned :eek: :eek: :eek: :beer:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
really did notice the difference on cleaning the car today ...both in how smooth the paint was and how little time it took ..done the usuall billberry wheel clean , then vp advanced snowfoam , then zymol shampoo the mitt just glides over what a difference !! then hosed off and straight away the water was sheeting away it was then quite simply wipe and go , with so little water to dry off !! ...if your thinking about a sealant then stop thinking and get it actioned :eek: :eek: :eek: :beer:

Sounds effortless mate l will definitely look into this after l comeback from my holidays.l just saw your colour on a new fiesta mate its a intense fab looking blue really unusual type of blue l would like it on focus