What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Nav display stops working?

A

Anonymous

Had the same problem, twice today. Had 2 or 3 times before but never that often. Happened whem reversing to leave the driveway (smal uneven surface, felt the bump and the screen flickering). Another one leaving my brother's house, same thing about the driveway. For now on, avoid any potholes. Quite hard as my daily comute is a bit bumpy... Will wait to the thing get worst and them start the "fight" with my dealer to sort this out. Any idea if the extended warranty for mechanical/electrical covers it?

tianorth

Reaction score
I wouldn't leave it if it's covered by warranty.
It needs to be fixed. At least let them know about it so a claim can be started.
There has been a couple of threads on here about the cable suppling the screen being trapped and breaking.

A

Anonymous

tianorth said:
I wouldn't leave it if it's covered by warranty.
It needs to be fixed. At least let them know about it so a claim can be started.
There has been a couple of threads on here about the cable suppling the screen being trapped and breaking.

The only problem is that, by previous experience with my dealer, they will hold my car for half a dozen times and charge me £70 every time till they sort the problem out. As it happened twice today, will leave till the thing go south and them don't have to wait for them to try to replicate the fault. My warranty goes till September/2016. Your advice is valid, sort as soon as possible, but I'll avoid the stress for now, as it's really frustrating when the "experts" (who can't replace even brake pads properly) try to make you look like an idiot who can't tell any suden difference about the car's behaviour.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
From reading about this problem on previous threads, it's the wiring loom that chafes against the housing on some models, causing a display failure. I know some people have replaced this wiring themselves, but that was obviously on out of warranty vehicles.

I agree with you, the best advice is always get it sorted as soon as possible, but I know from personal experience, when you take the car in, and they send a mechanic out in it and it behaves perfectly, they have a habit of being very condescending, and trying to make out you really don't know what your talking about.

Your problem is that it might never actually fail, just continue to be hit and miss, with the possibility of becoming more miss than hit.

Maybe a video on your phone of it doing it might prompt them in to action ?

Good luck in any case

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you’re confident enough to have a go yourself, have a search through these pages and you should be able to find the information you need. Otherwise, I’d visit an auto electrician, or, worse case scenario, a main dealer.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Your best bet for your locality would be to google your postcode & auto electricians & see what comes up, but try to get reviews as just because they’re near you doesn’t mean they’re the ones to use.

CraigB

Reaction score
Hi All, fairly new to the forum and to my RCZ. I've had the car for a week today and loved it but twice now I've started the car the nav pops up but the screen is blank. I can still hear music and control the volume etc but no display. I tried switching of the car and starting again but still the same. I then leave the car a while and start again and all is fine? Anyone else suffered this or know about the issue?

Thanks in anticipation.
Hi all,
I have a 2013 RCZ GT, 200 THP. Also problem with header unit, but worse! Display is now in KMH, no parking sensors, no media AT ALL, screen is basically blank. All started with MPH/KMH, then radio stopped and then screen just went black, opens and shuts and that's about it.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2013 RCZ GT, 200 THP. Also problem with header unit, but worse! Display is now in KMH, no parking sensors, no media AT ALL, screen is basically blank. All started with MPH/KMH, then radio stopped and then screen just went black, opens and shuts and that's about it.
Most media problems can be traced to a damaged cable that breaks due to the constant up and down of the screen many posts on here just do a search it can be a diy job to replace or repair.