What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My new RCZ R

RCZ1

Reaction score
I was told that I should post something here. Having sold my RCZ R last April almost immediately I knew that I had made a mistake. However I persevered with my new car. Although it was a fun car to drive it’s smallness was leaving me very frustrated because I couldn’t fit anything in it. One day I just decided enough was enough and I would look for another RCZ R. A trip to Scotland to do the NC500 resulted in me doing a slight detour to Aberdeen to view and ultimately buy AngusR. Best decision I made.

He wasn’t up to my standards when I bought him but I soon started work on rectifying that. It took 7 days to get him looking something like I wanted. I still have jobs to do and many items to fit once the weather improves but I love the paintwork.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great to see you back in a RCZ Kerry and what a transformation! Most buyer wouldn’t have been able to see the potential through all those marks and dirty exhaust tips!

Look forward to seeing Angus up close on the Yorkshire meet. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Great to see you back in a RCZ Kerry and what a transformation! Most buyer wouldn’t have been able to see the potential through all those marks and dirty exhaust tips!

Look forward to seeing Angus up close on the Yorkshire meet. :thumbup:

The paintwork was in horrendous condition. It looked like it had been cleaned with a scourer all its life. It was quite dull when I bought it but I knew I could restore the shine back again. I’m loving the black paintwork. Not necessarily at this time of year but when it’s clean it’s so rewarding.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hello again Kerry and AngusR !

Just like to re-iterate what Neil said and welcome back into the RCZ motoring again.

Getting a bit like me with swapping cars Lol, but you know yourself if your aren't feeling it. Is this the 4th RCZ ?

Of course come summer you'll miss the convertible, but look at the beauty and the size of the boot, ha ha.

Wow what a difference from the early pictures, you've certainly worked your magic on him. Bet the old owner wouldn't recognise it now, looks like new again.

Maybe I should have got black, at least it wouldn't show so bad when I had my buffering disaster !!

All the best...

:beer:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Black has always been the dogs doo-dahs.
Harking back over half a century, loads of motors were black, because between the wars and immediately after WWII, Henry Ford's insistence that the motor car WAS black, still persisted.
The upshot was that fanatics like myself and my mates were out there at the weekends applying elbow grease, as it was called, to beat each other with a shine you could see your face in.
No other colour could quite do that.
The tools of the trade were butchers' cloth (what they wrapped the sides of meat in), T-Cut (a mild abrasive liquid), and hard wax Simonize.
There was always much discussion as to whether the weather was too warm, to cold, too damp, or a no-go if peeing down or icy.
I had a 1938 Ford 10 and my mate had a post war Minor, and there were an assortment of others, and all black.
My father had a 1953 Ford Consul with white wall tyres, but black body, which shone.
Much ribbing and pi$$-taking as to who's was best, so serious competition to get that mirror finish.
The spare wheel cover on the back of mine had been bulled so much the red oxide undercoat was showing through.

Sorry for the old-git reminiscences, but black is black, and no contest when getting a shine. :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
Black has always been the dogs doo-dahs.
Harking back over half a century, loads of motors were black, because between the wars and immediately after WWII, Henry Ford's insistence that the motor car WAS black, still persisted.
The upshot was that fanatics like myself and my mates were out there at the weekends applying elbow grease, as it was called, to beat each other with a shine you could see your face in.
No other colour could quite do that.
The tools of the trade were butchers' cloth (what they wrapped the sides of meat in), T-Cut (a mild abrasive liquid), and hard wax Simonize.
There was always much discussion as to whether the weather was too warm, to cold, too damp, or a no-go if peeing down or icy.
I had a 1938 Ford 10 and my mate had a post war Minor, and there were an assortment of others, and all black.
My father had a 1953 Ford Consul with white wall tyres, but black body, which shone.
Much ribbing and pi$$-taking as to who's was best, so serious competition to get that mirror finish.
The spare wheel cover on the back of mine had been bulled so much the red oxide undercoat was showing through.

Sorry for the old-git reminiscences, but black is black, and no contest when getting a shine. :oops:

That is true. Black is the best for getting a shine but this RCZ didn’t shine much due to the cloudiness of the paint from bad washing practices. It takes a lot of hard work to get and keep black looking good :)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Sweet looking black beauty :greetings-wavingblue:
By the way, you'd see my R's end pipes after almost 100k miles and never been cleaned :wave:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
By the way, you'd see my R's end pipes after almost 100k miles and never been cleaned :wave:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:

I hope that's just the pipes and not the R !! :shock: :shock:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It must be unhygienic to never clean your R’s end :eusa-whistle:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
RCZ-R said:

I hope that's just the pipes and not the R !! :shock: :shock:

She is very tidy. At least on the inside.
Outside-wise, hmmm, it gives me an idea. I'm going to make some close-up pictures...

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi,

I really really wanted a black Z :mrgreen: , just I couldn't handle the thought of it getting dirty.

He's gorgeous by the way! and those wheels look mint, did you get them refurbed?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Guppy said:
Hi,

I really really wanted a black Z :mrgreen: , just I couldn't handle the thought of it getting dirty.

He's gorgeous by the way! and those wheels look mint, did you get them refurbed?

Lol I thought I would be the same about it getting dirty but it just makes the transformation all the more better :)

They did “refurbish” the alloys before I picked it up but ..... badly ! The inner barrels are in a bad way. I’m going to get them powder coated February / March time to bring them up to scratch.

renegade79

Reaction score
any pics of the mx5? don't think I've seen any...
tell me this, did you try and seek out your white R at all.....????? :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
any pics of the mx5? don't think I've seen any...
tell me this, did you try and seek out your white R at all.....????? :D

The guy who bought my R is a member of the Owners Group. I did sort of ask if he would sell it. He said yes. For £20k !!!!!

The RF still quite rare on the road.

2retro

Reaction score
Knew you would be back. At least the R badge on the back is straight on this one!

2retro

Reaction score
Really? Must be my eyes that are wonky then...! :wtf:

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 7,430