What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My New RCZ on North York Moors

Opal white

Reaction score
Thought being a newbie & getting a prompt from another forum member I would post my photo in the Gallery.

Photo taken seveal weeks ago just outside Castleton on the North York Moors . . . . . :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Where on the North York Moors was this taken? I'm up there a lot. Are you based in Yorkshire? You could come to our Yorkshire Meets :)

You should also put this photo in our November monthly photo competition.

A

Anonymous

I'd like to attend a Yorkshire meet, are you organising one? :lol: and if Cozza came he may even share his photographs with our little forum :eek:

Opal white

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Where on the North York Moors was this taken? I'm up there a lot. Are you based in Yorkshire? You could come to our Yorkshire Meets :)

I'm actually from near Middlesbrough, the photo of my car was taken on the moor road above & approaching Castleton from the Guisborough to Whitby road, a lovely scenic stretch of road when the weather is favourable.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Opal white said:
RCZ1 said:

I'm actually from near Middlesbrough, the photo of my car was taken on the moor road above & approaching Castleton from the Guisborough to Whitby road, a lovely scenic stretch of road when the weather is favourable.

Oh yes, I know where you mean. You'd still be welcome to come to one of our Yorkshire Meets. Keep your eyes peeled on the forum for announcements, etc :)

A

Anonymous

I guess the Moors are nice but OMG that pic of your Opal with those wheels against that background is just stunning.
Full marks :clap:

I'm trying to recall where I've seen a very similar car :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

cozza said:
I'm up for a road trip........when?
You missed the last one, as the Facebook forum set theirs for the same day :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Oh whoops! Keep me posted though for the next one please Ron and I'll get the day off.

A

Anonymous

cozza said:
Oh whoops! Keep me posted though for the next one please Ron and I'll get the day off.
I will, but only if you promise to allow The Peugeot RCZ Forum to see any images that you take and not purely share them with the Facebook forum. I'm still gutted that our members were not treated to the excellent images you took at Hatfield :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I did try and add the same set Ron but I got a message on the first one that it was too big from my DSLR and needed resizing. I was surprised because most websites have optimisation software (like Facebook has) as standard and at that time I was busy and hadn't the time to copy them all, open them all in Photoshop and resize them all individually. I could have done a thumbnail set automatically within Photoshop but they would have looked crap and not something I would have wanted to post. Lesson learned, shoot iPhone smudges from now on :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
As part of my RAW processing workflow, I save a resized jpg file in case I need to post it on the web at a later stage.
All the forums I'm on, you have to resize pictures before posting.

A

Anonymous

I know, I could always bung them on a page on my website and link to that ;-)

A

Anonymous

cozza said:
I did try and add the same set Ron but I got a message on the first one that it was too big from my DSLR and needed resizing. I was surprised because most websites have optimisation software (like Facebook has) as standard and at that time I was busy and hadn't the time to copy them all, open them all in Photoshop and resize them all individually. I could have done a thumbnail set automatically within Photoshop but they would have looked crap and not something I would have wanted to post. Lesson learned, shoot iPhone smudges from now on :)
You would not be happy with "iphone smudges" it is because of the quality of the images that I would like this forum to see them too.

richard.au

Reaction score
jactac said:
I guess the Moors are nice but OMG that pic of your Opal with those wheels against that background is just stunning.
Full marks :clap:

I'm trying to recall where I've seen a very similar car :eusa-think:

Yes, very nice pic, I didn't think my car looked so damned good :) hey cuz.

Do you euro people call opal white 'cause it's pearl white (like I have) or is opal the normal white?

Trying to clarify, I'm asking instead of checking, lazy before I go to sleep :)

A

Anonymous

We are not in Euro land. Good old Pound Sterling for us. However we do have two white colour options available to us. Opal White being the solid white and then as you Pearlescent White (this being the perfect white for all RCZ's) :lol:

Opal white

Reaction score
Just for clarification I was looking to buy a white RCZ when I joined the forum to gather some excellent info & tips, so I chose Opal White as a Forum Name.

In September a Pearlescent White caught my eye & the purchase was made :dance:

Absolutely loving my new car & catching up on this forum :wave:

richard.au

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
We are not in Euro land. Good old Pound Sterling for us. However we do have two white colour options available to us. Opal White being the solid white and then as you Pearlescent White (this being the perfect white for all RCZ's) :lol:

well, anything outside of Oz is euro to me ;) but I knew someone would pick up on it :)

thanks for clarifying, so now I'm not confused.. i think ...

but yes, the Pearlescent is just the best. I am so pleased to have chosen that makeup, or should I say, it chose me :)

oh, I'm now approaching 4,500 klms since September... 4,500 ks of some very pleasurable driving. Well, the best in fact.

Opal white

Reaction score
Well I managed two of my favorite pastimes yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours . . . . . . driving my RCZ & some photography. Although I am only experimenting with HDR/Tone mapping photo processing I thought I would share a couple of yesterdays examples. The bridge in the background is The Infinity Bridge, Stockton -on-Tees.

I think the double curve of the bridge complements the curves & roof lines of the car :eusa-think:

I must try & get some whiteness back into my paintwork though & reduce some of the over-processing :?: