What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

My first i8

A

Anonymous

Aberdeen truly is ridiculous for cars and this is the first i8 I have seen in the city...you can bet that there will be a number to follow!

I hadn't realised that the doors are gullwing style. That's gotta be a pain in the hoop to park! Mind you, judging by his waiting to pick up parking in this shot, he's terrified of damaging it!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I dont know if I like them or not. The rear looks like a 911 with another car on top of it lol.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not feeling that. There's an awful lot of choice at that price point. I liked the promotional shots but this isn't doing it for me. Think I'd rather have an R8 than an i8.

A

Anonymous

Looks to me like it's Keith R picking up spoilt sprog from Robert Gordon's, dahling.

A

Anonymous

For me, if I'm spending 100k on a car then I'm buying a GTR and embarrassing Lambos and other supercar exotica. :D It's certainly eye catching and will draw plenty of attention. The interior looked cool too. However, I can't really see why you'd buy it. It's far far too expensive, lacks performance and, from the reviews that I've seen, it isn't a driver's car. It's impressive in terms of design and innovation but I'm not sure why you'd buy it.

Over to you Chris Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... 5I6xuhNgVg

Not a clue who the chap is that was driving Donna but he was picking up some floppy haired kid from Gordon's.

Mac, I agree. The alloys are ok once in motion but are hideous at a standstill.

A

Anonymous

You better get used to seeing a lot of them sitting at the side of the road.
Electric is not the way to go, even with combustion engines attached.Maybe in a few years if they can improve on it.. but who wants a car with an electric range of 100 miles or so..and nowhere to charge it as well?Neat design of course.To hell with the planet i say....

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider having an electric car unless the range is 600 miles at night with the headlights and aircon on lol.

A

Anonymous

It's not really a true electric car though is it? It's a hybrid petrol with a battery pack. The all electric range is only 37 miles! :eek: It's quite spooky/eerie when it pulls away silently. I don't think I'd like that at all.

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt think so as they take up a lot of space and would make the car much heavier as well.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
They should develop wireless charging more, then install charging mats under the roads, that way you dont need to worry about it lol

A

Anonymous

I think it was really built for the American market so all the stars can now drive one of these instead of a Toyota Hybrid and still be doing their bit for the planet.
In the flesh it is very good, its novelty factor and a great piece of engineering with zero road tax, not matter how you drive it, it will return no less than 60 mpg and has M3 type acceleration.
Their is nothing wrong with its performance and the sound the little 1.5cc engine makes,well you would think a Porsche has just driven past.
Company car tax is around the 5% mark so i expect quite a few will be company cars? A 5 year service pack is only £1k,
For 100k you could buy all sorts of cars, but for head turning prowess this is hard to beat?

A

Anonymous

PP9

Vines BMW Guildford have 30 of the blighters on order for customers

A

Anonymous

Ok...who are they and what do they do? They must be making a LOT of money to be spanking 3 mil on i8s!!! :eek:

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
They should develop wireless charging more, then install charging mats under the roads, that way you dont need to worry about it lol

At my work they are inventing just that at the moment! I work in Traffic & Infra and they are developing a road with solar cells built in it, the concept is called SolaRoad.

Not only will the road light up at night so no lampposts needed anymore, but in the future these roads may even be able to recharge the cars as they drive on them :thumbup:

https://innovation-awards.nl/concept/solaroad/ (sorry that the text is mainly in dutch, i couldn't find an english version)

The site asks for votes, as this is for an innovation award, so hit the vote button (stem op dit concept) if you like the concept... :mrgreen: