What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Moving from the RCZ R towards 308 GTi?

renegade79

Reaction score
I can confirm that you can use gloves to use the touchscreen. I use my iphone gloves so the fingers have some special material which allows you to use your iphone while wearing gloves. the touchscreen graphics are poor, yes. there is two colour schemes I think and I have mine in red cause it matches the red dials (when you press the sport button). :mrgreen:

the weather is not bad enough over here to warrant having summer and winter tyres so I guess I'm just on standard tyres from factory. the car is about 18 months old so I am still on original Michelins.
the ride is quite hard but that is to be expected on 19's.
first time I test drove (in the wet) and I could feel this mechanical interference under acceleration. I'm guessing this was the LSD. I can feel LSD sometimes when I take roundabouts at speed but I have yet to really give it a good caning. getting too sensible in my 38 years of age! besides I get to drive a company car everyday with no speed restrictions.

the recommended pressures are front 2.4 bar and 2.2 bar for the rear. I think that equates to 34.8psi and 31.9 psi.
I welcome your thoughts on these pressures. do you think they are too high?

there are now 6 GTi's in Ireland. I have only ever seen two - mine and one other! rare indeed... :beer:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
the recommended pressures are front 2.4 bar and 2.2 bar for the rear. I think that equates to 34.8psi and 31.9 psi.

Yep, too high. Try front 2.1 and rear 2.0. It transforms the car. Especially on those PSS.
I ride the RCZ R front 2.0-2.1 and rear 2.0 on summer tyres (currently PS4s but I did the same back on those PSS). The lower pressure gives back traction and grip to the car without hurting the tyres. There is no negative side effect to it, like uneven wear off or something else. At the end, when the tyre warms up (and it does even during cold winter) it adds few 0.x bar to the pressure.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
So finally I made it to test drive the facelifted 308 GTi.
I will post my experiences here later on when I'm done with my project work. Stay tuned :greetings-wavingblue:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
renegade79 said:

Yep, too high. Try front 2.1 and rear 2.0. It transforms the car. Especially on those PSS.
I ride the RCZ R front 2.0-2.1 and rear 2.0 on summer tyres (currently PS4s but I did the same back on those PSS). The lower pressure gives back traction and grip to the car without hurting the tyres. There is no negative side effect to it, like uneven wear off or something else. At the end, when the tyre warms up (and it does even during cold winter) it adds few 0.x bar to the pressure.

I run 32 psi front & 30 psi rear. I find this is better than the recommended and the car feels spot on. :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
Recent road trip to Achill Island off the west coast of Ireland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Lovely rugged picture there Renegade, bet it looks a little colder there today !

cheers.. :beer:

renegade79

Reaction score
Just started snowing here now. but I'm sure you guys got a whole load of snow yesterday.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yeah we certainly did, though I'm lucky, I'm in the Vale, the tops got it bad and today, with a lot more to come, upto 18 inches they say !