What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

More Bespoke Care Care Dat Photos & Info.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Here are some of the cars:

Here are some of 'The Team':

Kerry has already covered the wash process, so I won't say any more about that here.

Quite a few tried their hand at claying (just love the hand-on-hip stance, by the way)

However, we had some expert guidance from Dave & Gordon on how to do it

This is what can happen of you let bird poo sit on your paint!

No point in an 'after' photo - couldn't see a thing....

Next up was machine polishing, with Gordons' expert eye guiding us

Most people tried this too, since it was a bit new to us

Even Ron had a go, although i don't think he'd ever be that brutal with his own baby

This is my newly gelaming beauty the next day on a short visit to Moreton Corbett Castle. Doesn't she look grand.

Finally, here are the products that were used (as far as I can make out from my note and excuse spelling!):

Bonnet - Zymol Vintage, Chemical Guys e-zyme, Chemical Guys 50:50 v2 & Swisswax Best of Show waxes (applied in sections)

Boot - Wet Glaze 2.0, Toughcoat

Left side - Car Jack 68, Car Pro Reload, Toughcoat

Right side - Prima Amigo, Blit Hammer Finis

Roof - Wet Glaze 2.0, Wolfgang fuzion

Rear tyres - PERL

Front tyres - Gtechnic

Glass - Cerl Glass followed by an experimental product

Front Bumper - Concourse Car Care Fury, Autoglym & Victoria Chaos (again in sections)

Whew! I think that's it.

Impressions so far: There's not much to say. One impression I got today was that none of the tyres looked particularly good - just 'clean' but with no product. However, looking again later on there does appear to be a bit of a sheen still on all four tyres - possibly rear looking a bit better.

All for now - I'll keep you posted.

RCZ1

Reaction score

Look forward to the updates Pete. She looks great in the last photo.

A

Anonymous

cheers Pete let us know how the 2 grand vintage is doing on the car

A

Anonymous

Well don't keep us in suspense Pete. What are you thoughts and findings so far? How is that £2000 a tub polish holding up?

RCZ1

Reaction score

I think Pete's fallen off the face of the Earth. Haven't seen him on here in ages.

A

Anonymous

Looks like we will have to hold another meet then and do another car to see regular updates lol

Hope your ok pete :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

BespokeCarCare said:
Looks like we will have to hold another meet then and do another car to see regular updates lol

I'm game for that :thumbup:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
BespokeCarCare said:

Really, really sorry guys - all I can offer is work pressures, I'm afraid.

So, instead of harping on about that, I'll give you my views on the state of my car some 6-7 weeks on from the detailing day.

Due to both the hosepipe ban and the enormous quantities of drought around here, I've only washed my car once, about a month after the detailing day. (I have, however, spent a lot of time drying all of the drought off it before it goes to bed at night!) As you will imagine, washing a car using only buckets and no pressure washer/snow foam is not what you'd normally want to do, so it took a deal of time.

Before I washed it, I can't say that any one section of the car looked any worse than any other. So far as I could tell, beading and dispersion were only slightly decreased. If you all remember, I had two different tyre products applied, Gtechnic at the front and PERL at the rear. Here, the front tyres looked a bit better but there really wasn't much in it - both sets really needed re-doing. I used PERL on all of them.

Following the body wash (using my new lambs wool mitt and the 2 bucket method with several other buckets of clean water for final rinsing), I dried of using towels. I, personally have come to the conclusion I prefer waffle weave over fleece. I have both types but I just don't feel the fleece has the same performance. It may be the way I use them - I prefer to pat rather than 'sweep' the water away - or it might be the way I wash them, I don't know.

After drying, I used reload all over for speed.

Some 3 weeks after, the finish still looks pretty good, especially above the 'waist line'. Closer to ground level, things are a bit more dusty/dirty, as you'd expect. Really, I ought to wash it again.

Again, if you recall, an experimental product was applied to all my glass. This appeared to do a really good job of dispersing any 'drought' (are you detecting the theme yet?). However, it's performance seems to have fallen off a little over the last couple of weeks.

So, here are my personal, general conclusions so far:

1) nothing is better than good technique, applied regularly.
2) none of the applied waxes appears any better than any other, so far.
3) Reload seems pretty good, provided you have a nice clean finish to apply it to.
4) there appears to be a difference in longevity between tyre dressings used (PERL & Gtechnic) with Gtechnic appearing slightly better. If you washed your car weekly or fortnightly, then you probably wouldn't re apply Gtechnic every wash. It might be something like every two or three if so desired. Sling did not appear to be a problem with either.

At this point, it's also worth mentioning I re-fitted my summer wheels towards the end of May. This makes the dressing comparison a bit harder but I think enough emerged to be useful, still.

All for now but I guess there'll be a few comments and questions. I'll do my best to respond when I can.

A

Anonymous

So a £2000 a tub for wax is a waste of money? As they all perform in a similar manner. So I won't be throwing my Swisvax away any time soon. I will be sticking to PERL too as it is good on tyres and is a flexible product.

RCZ1

Reaction score

You'll come to see the differences between the different waxes and sealants applied as durability comes to the fore. When beading and sheeting drops off.

You mention you prefer using waffle weave cloths to dry the car to microfibres but I find that yes waffle weaves are very good at absorbing more water but I find they mark paintwork much more freely. Waffle weaves are very good on windows.

A

Anonymous

Wo...wo..wo...wo..wo...2 grand for a tub of wax?! Wtf?! Unless that doubles as (and is the size of) a swimming pool, who buys that?! Saudi Arabian princes aside...you should be sectioned if you buy that?! Without (intending to) sound self righteous, if you have that much disposable income to throw around then you should be spending it on something far more worthy!! I'll stick to my collinite. 4 months on and it's still doing a wonderful job...and it's about 1970 bucks cheaper!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score

It's all relative isn't it? If you have that amount of money then it's like one of us spending £20 on a pot of wax or whatever it may be.
They buy it because they can.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It's all relative isn't it? If you have that amount of money then it's like one of us spending £20 on a pot of wax or whatever it may be.
They buy it because they can.

Your right of course. How the other half live...!!

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'd just like to remind everyone that this wax was applied by the people at Bespoke Car Care 'free of charge' as part of the detailing day and that various products were trialled for comparison purposes. See earlier posts for details.

What I was reporting is that I, personally, have identified no differences so far. Like Ron, I find it hard to believe a £2k wasx will do the job some 60-70 times better than a £30 wax. However, after a few more months, things might be different - as others have suggested.

We'll see.

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete

Good to see you’re still alive

ok on to your results yes I agree Gtechniq tyre dressing will last bit longer on tyres then pearl but then it comes down to cost and ease of use and pearl wins hands down for me.

thank you for the windscreen testing i am now on prototype 3 of that one.

As for 2 grand tub of wax you would be surprised how many people have that wax its like people buying Armani jeans against river island jeans massive price difference but still just jeans it’s the feel good factor

you have now used reload so this kind of makes the test ended as this will now be your lsp as such what you would of noticed was some waxes would of stopped beading sheeting at different points to show the durability of them.

I did do same kind of wax test there are videos on my you tube channel I now have 10 Sealants on my car which are probably regarded as the 10 best out there at the moment so will be interesting to see how they do but already a few differences early on.

I will also be doing a special offer for RCZ owners for anyone wanting a correction detail or new car protection detail using Optimum Opti-Guard Sealant which will also come with a warranty that beats all others please take a read up on optiguard as this is a permanent sealant.

RCZ1

Reaction score

BespokeCarCare said:
ok on to your results yes I agree Gtechniq tyre dressing will last bit longer on tyres then pearl but then it comes down to cost and ease of use and pearl wins hands down for me.

I would tend to agree. There's little between them in the looks department but PERL is really good and easier and quicker to apply than Gtechniq.

you have now used reload so this kind of makes the test ended as this will now be your lsp as such what you would of noticed was some waxes would of stopped beading sheeting at different points to show the durability of them.

We'll just have to have another Detailing Day lol :)

I will also be doing a special offer for RCZ owners for anyone wanting a correction detail or new car protection detail using Optimum Opti-Guard Sealant which will also come with a warranty that beats all others please take a read up on optiguard as this is a permanent sealant.

That's a very good offer Lee. When you say it's permanent, how long is permanent? May sound like a daft question but once applied, would you need to re-apply at any point down the line? Can't really find an answer to my question on interweb. Also do you have to use a specific shampoo to maintain it or will any shampoo suffice? Can you apply a wax over it or is it not really needed. What make it different?

A

Anonymous

Another detailing day would not be a problem could always open it up to another Peugeot car specific forum if you are on any to get the right numbers

It will be a good offer price wise especially with the warranty on offer and Opti-Guard is very well regarded.

No no specific shampoo is needed and its permanent as in only way you will remove it is with machine polish it will out last gtechniq and all the others if you do feel the need to top it then i would only top with a spray sealant.

A

Anonymous

I acquired a product called Eraser at this meet, but cannot recall how or what to use it for. Anybody know?