What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

More Android Functionality Questions…

Ballcock

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

so I picked up my wheels this weekend. I was playing with the menu on the stock stereo and in there are a few car functions. Things like, time and date, blipper functions and walk home lights.

Do I lose this functionality by installing an android head unit? I’ve seen a few people say that they can’t set the time for the analogue clock, and that would boil my p*ss! 😀

is there another way to access this menu or is it lost forever?

Cheers, Rob.

chrismac

Reaction score
Lots of posts on here about "aftermarket head units", and the kit you need to restore functionality of the clock, Stork controls, reversing sensors etc. An online search for "Connects 2" might help.

Ballcock

Reaction score
Cheers.

But I don’t see how this kit can help if the physical buttons for the menu selection are missing because they are attached to the stereo I’ve removed.

Or am I being daft? It has been known! 😀

2retro

Reaction score
It makes it so you can access all that stuff from the right steering wheel stalk instead.

Ballcock

Reaction score
Ah great, just been having a search. Is it pressing 2 buttons on the stalk?

2retro

Reaction score
Yes, this little module connects between the head unit and the car and allows you to access everything from the right multi-function steering wheel stalk. Just press both top and bottom buttons on the stalk at the same time to access the car's menu screens. Works a treat!

Ballcock

Reaction score
Sweet! Cheers, ordered the Connect 2. I would have sent my android screen back if I couldn’t get the little clock on tte dash correctly. Hopefully get it all fitted this week.

Thanks for your help Retro & Chris.

Ballcock

Reaction score
Another (probably daft) question, so apologies. Do I have to do any ‘programming’ of the button presses or is it plug n play?

I got myself tte suggested Connect 2 and a patch lead.

2retro

Reaction score
There is a download link to the installation manual PDF on that page which shows you how it works too. 👍

Feel free to post up some pics when you're all sorted!

Ballcock

Reaction score
There is a download link to the installation manual PDF on that page which shows you how it works too. 👍

Feel free to post up some pics when you're all sorted!
Brill, thanks retro. I’ll post pics of everything this weekend

2retro

Reaction score
Parking sensors still work but only visually on screen. You need to add a little speaker if you want to keep the beeps (I didn't bother but others have).

Ballcock

Reaction score
I plugged the unit in. The connet2 controller is obviously getting power because I can control it from the stalk. But the head unit doesn’t power. However, when I power the head from the loom that comes in the box, it works.
I’m getting 12v on the connect 2 cable at the unit end. So power is making it to the end of the loom. But it won’t power from the connect 2 cable.

Ballcock

Reaction score
So, I’ve worked it out. In my humble opinion the Connects 2 leas is wrong. The only way to get it to fit into my head unit loom means all the pin outs are wrong. If I try and put it in so the pin outs match it physically won’t fit! I got the CTSPG007.2AA.

is that the correct one?

2retro

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry but I don't have the answer. You have the correct one and it worked perfectly for me and others so I'm not sure what to suggest. Do you have pictures you can post up? Somebody might be able to help if they can see the problem.

Ballcock

Reaction score
Hi Retro, no idea either. I did have a search and found one guy who said he had to do a bit of cable splicing to get it going, so I’ve done that. It was like the ISO connector was 90 degrees out of kilter.

However, when I tested it and the head unit wouldn’t power I was getting communication to the car from the stalk because I could get into the menu. So I’ve matched the connections on the ISO of the Connects2 to the ones that came with the head unit.

I hope nothing sets on fire when I plug it up tomorrow! 😀