What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

MINI COOPER S

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi donnaj1dlh, :greetings-wavingblue: ,,don't worry as you'll still have an engine in common with the 200 THP Z' :thumbup:

You could even be a Z' Forum researcher ! What I mean is, let us know if the like "Cooper S" psa engine suffers with the same engine temp sensor issues when squeezed into the Mini AND any of the other common faults that have been raised in respect of our Z's from time to time as I'm sure the Mini Forum (being an enthusiasts car) will be as active as this one !

.the big blue (,,above all enjoy yor new ride as thats what enthusiasts cars are all about whether it be detailing it OR driving it in unequal proportions i.e. 80% detailing 20% driving or maybe 70 / 30 ..the Master Detailer RCZ1 can advise!!) :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
the big blue said:
.the big blue (,,above all enjoy yor new ride as thats what enthusiasts cars are all about whether it be detailing it OR driving it in unequal proportions i.e. 80% detailing 20% driving or maybe 70 / 30 ..the Master Detailer RCZ1 can advise!!) :beer:

big blue, it's definitely the other way around. I spend more time driving it then detailing it ;) honest 'Guv !

What's the point in having a great car if you don't drive it. Keeping a car looking good is just the icing on the cake :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi RCZ1 ,,Master Detailer or however a Back bencher should address an esteemed Moderator :greetings-wavingblue:

You are right about actually driving the vehicles we own because by not doing so is a valiant act because all it does is preserve the car for its next keeper ! I speak from vast experience of bying new motorbikes and only being a fair weather rider and ultimately come PX time its the dealer and next registered keeper who got the best deal out of it NOT ME !

OH' and with your amazing back drop photos in you previously attached ownership log you could do with an agent to sell those pics to Peugeot for their next brochure and I'm prepared to act on your behalf for that self same 80% 20% or 70 /30 stats that I mentioner earlier if you :eusa-shhh: sign up today !

I read in your log that you use Shell V Power fuel, i've just moved up from insipid unleaded to Tesco Monmentum which is 99 RON, have you tried it and if so what were your thoughts? Personally I never use to by Supermarket fuel BUT decided to try the Momentum purely as it is 99 Ron and the BP Ultimate I had tried was 96/97 i think.

.the big blue (..Back Bencher and possibly, media photography agent for RCZ1) :clap:

A

Anonymous

Feeling a bit better today. Thinking the MINI arrive in Aberdeen today (tempted to have a sneak drive-by to see if I can see it ....unless Rizz fancies a wee incognito assignment!!) as they'll need tomorrow for PDI, ready for Saturday.

I'm looking forward to seeing/having J1DLH back, I hate cooncil plates!!!

And hey BB .... less of the "timin chain" talk :eusa-shhh: ... I'm not listening. I'm a beemer driver now, they won't have french engine issues ..... said as I smack this wooden desk hard!

Now the quandary I have today is do I give Amber a quick going over tomorrow night ready for Saturday - it'll only sit in Aberdeen and get covered in Seagull crap :evil: , but I want her to look good for my obligatory "new meets old" photographs.

Oh god the thought of Amber all alone in the garage compound, rejected, is making me feel all emotional again.

Anyone would think I'm handing over a pet dog or something.......

RCZ1

Reaction score
Donna, out of respect for Amber, you owe it to her to give her one last bath. She'll love you all the more for it ;)

Big blue- thank you for your kind comments on the photographs. You can quite happily be my agent but the breakdown would be 90/10 in my favour. I do the hard work after all ;)

With regards to the fuel I've never tried the Tesco fuel you mention. Only the Shell V Power. That was until yesterday when I was trying to eek out my fuel as I'm going on my hols today only to come unstuck half way home when the computer stopped calculating. So I stopped at the BP garage and used the BP Ultimate unleaded. I shall see how this compares to V Power :)

The big blue partnership Ltd

A

Anonymous

Yeah D give the lady one last detail, l always do just out of respect for both you and the RCZ ENJOY

A

Anonymous

Donna, I'll go but ONLY if I can cut eye holes in a newspaper and and wear a Selleck Mangum PI style tache (the Ferrari is optional but recommended/desired.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Donna, I'll go but ONLY if I can cut eye holes in a newspaper and and wear a Selleck Mangum PI style tache (the Ferrari is optional but recommended/desired.

I thought you'd already have the disguise in order to drive a DISastra!

I'M TEASING!!! :Moony: :Moony: :Moony:

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Go what I do and have a snoop around when there closed.

It better nae be left outside for the seagulls to sh*te on!!!

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' :greetings-wavingblue: ,,am I right in thinking that TODAY IS THE DAY?? ! The day when you cast aside yor Z' for an Anglo German masterpiece of classic design and well respected credentials. :cry:

:eusa-shhh: With all the latter running through your mind you won't even think to shed a tear as you walk away from your French Austrian concept before you 'Italian Job' it away from the dealerships forecourt. ...Just drive within your limits as we all know how the original Italian Job film ended !! :thumbup:

.the big blue (..you being a beemer "turncoat" driver now, I am unable to offer you the same 'media photography agent' contract that I offered and was taken up by RCZ1 at a 90% 10% split NOT in my favour as thats daylight robbery and seems like a deal that only a main dealer could have dreamt up) :lol: Enjoy your new ride :dance:

A

Anonymous

Introducing Beaker!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sq3w544mz370 ... .57.27.jpg

Ignore the silver wheels ... they should be black!!! Must have been a mix up somewhere as, right enough, my order says 17" BLACK Cosmos wheels but I appear to have 17" silver Tentacle wheels. The new demo due in the week has black wheels so I can get them before the demonstrator is used. So I got a £45 holdall from the manager for my inconvenience (hardly that!)
My seats should have been black 'pearl' fabric but they've come as the checkered (!) again no biggie as it was a no-cost preference. When I pointed this out, again, to the manager, he was horrified .... so reimbursed me my TLC 3 year service plan. Thank you very much!!! (That'll go towards my winter wheels/tyres ... did ask if I could get the wrong wheels cheap so I could use them as winter wheels, but I guess the demo will need wheels!!!)
So not a bad aul' haul from MINI .... holdall, soft toy (Rizz....do you want it!! ;)) and two fancy MINI keyrings...totalling about £80 worth and my £300 TLC back :) ....and a full tank of fuel ...wonder how long that'll last????

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s26farbkd6d5i ... .20.58.jpg

The MINI is a joy to drive, no hard RCZ suspension crashing about potholes, turns on a sixpence...and makes the most amazing noise. The MEDIA system is a bit of minefield, that's going to take forever to suss out! Driving home saw me achieve 40mpg in Sport mode (only had 4miles on the clock). Got home to a hot 'new' smell!!

I hope Amber finds a new home soon. I did put a wee note in the murky depths of the manual pointing them towards RCZ Forum, so fingers crossed I'll be able to keep up with her.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Looking good Donna :thumbup:

Shame about the wheels and interior. As you say, the wheels can soon be replaced with the correct ones. Do you like the interior - are you happy with it?

I didn't realise the Cooper S had such an exhaust note until I heard it on a video the other day.

Did you shed a tear or two for Amber ?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Nothing against your happiness Donna as the car looks great and all but i would soo not buy a Mini :D I'm sure they're great cars, It's just me, i don't get along with how they look at all :lol:

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
Nothing against your happiness Donna as the car looks great and all but i would soo not buy a Mini :D I'm sure they're great cars, It's just me, i don't get along with how they look at all :lol:

It'd be a boring world if we all liked the same thing Tomas :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

looks great and I hope you enjoy it.

Not sure what colour combo I would have thats the challenge with Mini there is so many combinations to choose from which is never a bad thing.

A

Anonymous

Looks superb Donna. The pictures don't do it justice. They really are eye catching on the road, particularly in this Volcanic Orange. I think you've chosen a belting replacement. A little frustrating that they didn't get it quite right but at least they've tried hard to appease/compensate you and, as I said to you earlier, you don't need to worry about those alloys. The black ones will make the car look even more sporty and are a must IMO.

I look forward to seeing more pics soon. I'm particularly intrigued by the interior. Are you happy enough with the upholstered finish?

Again, congratulations on a belter of a motor. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Enjoy My Darling...you have been very TOLERANT OF....Bavrian Motor Werks :thumbdown: l JUST COULDNT DO THAT...

Yeah cracking car...really pleased for ya :thumbup: Bet ya love a turbo petrol car Dont cha.... :lol: