What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

LOST MY RADIO, JUKE BOX, PHONE, SATNAV..... HELP!

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Afternoon all you wonderful Z'ers!

I am back and asking for some help .... again. RCZ 2011 GT (pop up display)

A few weeks back my phone stopped connecting to the car... a bit annoying but didn't get round to doing anything about it (standard daily drive for me around 20 min each way) as I thought that as my phone is old it could be that. In hindsight, back in July on a longer journey after around 40mins the system would shut down (screen close the whole works) and I would lose the radio station and the sat nav.... this happened every 20 mins of so (usually right at the point of needing the nav!)

Any way... Drove the car on Sat = radio / screen worked
Went to move my car Sunday pm.... nothing! The whole car totally dead. Managed to jump it. Coming from the centre console was a faint thick sounding ticking noise. Ticking quite fast. Took the car on a drive and had no radio / screen. Radio came back after about 10 mins. No lights on centre console but the air con works!

Monday morning. Dead car... not as dead as Sunday pm, but not enough to start. Jump started it. Noticed same faint, thick sounding ticking noise; ticking about half as fast as Sunday. No radio / screen. The screen does open when you press the button, but nothing on it.... but then it has a meltdown and goes half down and half up before closing.

Battery been fine since - radio hit n miss... ticking noise occasionally.

Relay?

Pedro

Reaction score
Battery may be knackered as the car is going into "Load Management mode" works in conjunction with "Limp mode" its triggered when not enough power to supply all systems is detected thus it shuts off certain Ancillaries to make sure there is adequate supply to the main ECU BSI modules
The Clicking is poss a relay not having enough juice to the supply circuits its feeding

Jumper

Reaction score
As above sounds like a new battery required. If you have a volt meter try testing the battery if its 12v or less with ignition off then its not holding a charge. If you start the car with a voltmeter on it you should see it go from 12 to around 14 volts which proves your alternator is working. Your sat nav is shutting down because your car is trying to cope with low voltage. This can also turn off the Aircon and other things. I'm sure a new battery will get you sorted.

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies... driving in the dark was fun last night - half my centre console was having its merry little disco.... lights on and off all over the place (oh, and my parking sensors have gone as well!)
I will test my battery this evening. I have it booked into the garage on the 2nd Oct as a back up though (I do have extended warranty), just in case.

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Good morning All,
a quick update - my battery is fine. OH tested it (he's a mechanic) and it is hunky-dory.
Soooo.... thinking caps required me thinks! Any, and all suggestions warmly welcomed! :)

Pedro

Reaction score
How many Cranking Amps is the Battery throwing out? A battery with dying cells can play up for a day a week or even months

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
well... took the plunge and have fitted a new battery, with fingers crossed..... no difference! ... other than the pop up screen now goes up and down and up and down and up and down even when it is shut! Looks like my car is garage bound on the 2nd Oct! Ticking is still there!

Any ideas? I am open to all suggestions right now!

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Just a quick update .... car went into the main dealer garage, inspection carried out and the diagnosis is a failed component in the radio unit.
Failed component is staying live and causing interference with other computers in the console. Extended warranty is covering a replacement unit / the cost of repairing mine.
Radio currently disconnected (at my request as they were going to leave me with the issue until the unit was fixed = no thanks!) and waiting for a call to have it sorted.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Pedro

Reaction score
You should ask them for a digital radio to be fitted at their expense:D !

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Radio unit removed back on the 8th and sent away - leaves a lovely hole in my console!
New unit has now arrived at the dealer; Being fitted next Friday as that is the earliest I can get there. Anticipated to take 3-4 hours to install and program.
According to the service guy at the dealership... repaired unit cost £700-800. New unit cost approx £2900!!! Not sure yet if mine is new... or 'new to me'!! I will find out.

One random thought that went through my head last night..... does this mean I have lost the music uploaded to my 'juke box'?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I am lead to believe that if you have the jukebox in the head unit that it is a separate hard drive /and the radio has a memory card in the rear for the sat nav... Think 🤔 someone else will enlighten you more on this matter...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co