What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Looking to buy!

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I'm on the lookout for a new car and i've booked an RCZ for test drive on saturday. From what i can see you guys all love your ones and i must say i love the look of the RCZ and hopefully ill love the feel of it after saturday!

In nearly all the reviews i see its compared to the Scirocco so im jsut wondering what made you guys get an RCZ over a scirocco or a TT (if you were considering it!)

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

My car is going to be delivered this Friday (in less than 48 hours time...can't wait!), so I can't tell you how's the drive of it. I didn't test drive the car, just attracted by the look of it and bought one.

I have read reviews saying that Scirocco is a better drive and handling car, but I just don't think it is in the similar class (except the price) as the RCZ. The outlook is totally different!

Say if you drive a Scirocco to a hotel, will you will a VIP parking? I doubt. With a RCZ, very high chance you will be treated differently. I bought RCZ for the look of it, the performance is just a bonus to me.

Audi TT? The design is very similar to RCZ (or RCZ copying TT I may say), but not as modern look as the RCZ. Having both car side by side, TT looks like a yesterday's car, while RCZ is definitely "newer" and more updated. However, I have to agree that Audi brand is more prestige than Peugeot... :crazy:

A

Anonymous

had the chance to lease the TT for less than the rcz that i have just now it was a 1.8tfsi s-line i think it was on a special deal with the leasing company so was the rcz but i just had to have this car i didnt even test drive it either if i had i would have gone for the 200 bhp gt the 156 bhp gt is a bit lethargic compared to my last car but the rcz is more fuel efficient.the only 2 places the TT beats the rcz in is interior plastics they are far better as is the tfsi engine.

As for the Roc i wouldnt give it house room ungainly looking car from all angles except straight on from the front/rear and the interior is even more bland than the golfs and thats saying something but i would have a golf GTI before the Roc

A

Anonymous

TT's feel tiny inside the RCZ is wide and view that the driver gets from the cockpit never lets you forget what car your in. All the lumps n bumps in the right places if you know what I mean lol

Peugeot RCZ 2.0 GT Hdi Dolphin Blue
Sports steering wheel
Personalised plate
Painted calipers
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon roof wrap

A

Anonymous

I went to test drive the Audi TT twice. Both the new and old shape. They both felt very Claustrophobic to me. I was not attracted to the appearance of the Scirroco so have no experience of that. Both myself and my wife test drove the RCZ I loved the looks and handling, my wife returned from her drive and exclaimed (in front of the salesman) "you have to buy this car" Once driven you get bitten buy the bug. They handle so well. Great acceleration and look divine. Economical to run.....What more do you want from a car?
So test drive.... Buy...Suffer from the RCZ Syndrome thereafter :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I never considered the Scirocco as it just looks like another hatchback on the road. Have you seen them from the back? They look like the suspension has gone on them - they drop down really low at the back. It looks most odd.

Always like the Mk II TT but was always just that bit out of my price range. Could have bought a second hand one, which I was considering, until the fateful day in August 2009 when I saw my first photograph of the RCZ and knew straight away that I would have one. No other car would do :)

A

Anonymous

haha thanks for the replies, i can say i do feel that bug quite a lot! They do look amazing and i understand what Kkrcz said about people having a different attitude towards them! Someone keeps parking their one in the carpark at work and it really is stunning! It gets alot of attention!

I need to have a look at at new and used and im only 23 and cash is a litle tight but i can afford the finance on a new one so if i could get a GT or slightly better second hand with not many miles on it i think id be happy, have to wait to saturday to get my hands on a test drive though! :(

A

Anonymous

Robluxton said:
haha thanks for the replies, i can say i do feel that bug quite a lot! They do look amazing and i understand what Kkrcz said about people having a different attitude towards them! Someone keeps parking their one in the carpark at work and it really is stunning! It gets alot of attention!

I need to have a look at at new and used and im only 23 and cash is a litle tight but i can afford the finance on a new one so if i could get a GT or slightly better second hand with not many miles on it i think id be happy, have to wait to saturday to get my hands on a test drive though! :(

A 2010 GT' 156 can be got for just under £16,000 and under £17,000 for a better specced rcz with options all with less than 12k miles on them so shop about mate or even sell your own car privately and lease a rcz as they can be for £280 a month over a 2 year 10k miles per year lease with £1800 deposit

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
lease a rcz as they can be for £280 a month over a 2 year 10k miles per year lease with £1800 deposit
So the real option here jassy is to lease a RCZ and LOOK at it (10K per annum) or buy an RCZ and enjoy driving it :clap:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jassyo06 said:
lease a rcz as they can be for £280 a month over a 2 year 10k miles per year lease with £1800 deposit
So the real option here jassy is to lease a RCZ and LOOK at it (10K per annum) or buy an RCZ and enjoy driving it :clap:

10,000 miles ron a year is a lot what is your rcz aiming at in june for mileage my car is aiming 8,500 max and i aint scrimping on mileage i done 4k miles between november/december but i have another car to use on silly journry's thats cheaper on fuel so leasing suits me mate

A

Anonymous

Is that leasing from peugeot or leasing from a private company? Because the finance on a new one is pretty much a lease (deposit, monthly payments etc)?

A

Anonymous

Haha yeah i get the feeling that will be the case: test drive -> fall in love.

Im thinking white, need to see the difference between stock white and the other white (pearl?) i think the pearl adds about £540 quid to the price! :(

But yeah petrol, 1.6, id like a GT but it depends on the price difference! I know a fair few people hate it but yeah white bodywork with black alloys and black mirrors just looks sexy as.

A

Anonymous

Actually pretty much what you have in your signature ;)

Furry dice included....

A

Anonymous

Robluxton said:
Is that leasing from peugeot or leasing from a private company? Because the finance on a new one is pretty much a lease (deposit, monthly payments etc)?

peugeots is tooooooooooooooo expensive i looked into it they wanted silly money and unfair lease terms off hand i cant remember their name for it but its much more expensive than original leasing company's.Centralvehicleleasing.co.uk are doing it now for £256/month for 2 years at 10,000 miles/per year which is £30 cheaper a month that what i am paying :( :thumbup: well worth looking into :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So i specced out what id like, and yeah its a 156 Petrol GT, Manual, Opal white, black solstice alloys, black mirrors, light grey lama interior and interior sports kit. (not going to lie, id like the black break callipers but its a bit of an unessential spend at £160...)

It comes to 24,310, so 2.4k deposit and 380 a month...

A

Anonymous

Robluxton said:
So i specced out what id like, and yeah its a 156 Petrol GT, Manual, Opal white, black solstice alloys, black mirrors, light grey lama interior and interior sports kit. (not going to lie, id like the black break callipers but its a bit of an unessential spend at £160...)

It comes to 24,310, so 2.4k deposit and 380 a month...

never mind black brake calipers at a swindle of £160 do it yourself for £12 or gay lama leather normal leather is just as good and easier to maintain get the vision pack,black mirrors,solstice wheels as these are the best options for the rcz

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Robluxton said:

peugeots is tooooooooooooooo expensive i looked into it they wanted silly money and unfair lease terms off hand i cant remember their name for it but its much more expensive than original leasing company's.Centralvehicleleasing.co.uk are doing it now for £256/month for 2 years at 10,000 miles/per year which is £30 cheaper a month that what i am paying :( :thumbup: well worth looking into :thumbup:

With no deposit ?

A

Anonymous

cb00ppm said:
jassyo06 said:
Robluxton said:

With no deposit ?

£1790 sorry £1536- 6 months payment down as a deposit

A

Anonymous

So, i had my test drive today... All i can say is wow.

Drove an Opal White 1.6, 200bhp petrol GT, and it was amazing! The dealer is putting together a list of used one for me to look at on monday and im looking to arrange a slightly longer test drive for later in the week!

A

Anonymous

Robluxton said:
So, i had my test drive today... All i can say is wow.

Drove an Opal White 1.6, 200bhp petrol GT, and it was amazing! The dealer is putting together a list of used one for me to look at on monday and im looking to arrange a slightly longer test drive for later in the week!

Rob keep us informed :thumbup: