What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Looking For A Diesel ?

A

Anonymous

Anyway, getting back on subject "BUYING A DIESEL".

I took the above 307 out for a spin yesterday, it drove ok, however when I first turned the key it was very hesitant to start, then after I returned I turned the engine off and tried to restart it straight away , it took even longer this time for it to fire up.
The lady owners face was a picture, so her boyfriend came out to start it, who turned out to be an area manager for Audi, and had a stunning white A5 in the drive.
When he saw my polished up RCZ he was all over it like a nasty rash, and in fairness was full of praise, considering he works for the "competion" .

Anyway even though the 307 was in very good cosmetic condition, I was put off by it's hesitation to start.
So it's back to the drawing board, and if I'm truthful I think I may just stay away from a diesel and look for something a bit smaller and a newer than my old Astra estate, but with a petrol engine.

A

Anonymous

Dirty dusty work overalls and a polished white RCZ !! :eek:

Thats like eating custard and sprouts. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Dirty dusty work overalls and a polished white RCZ !! :eek:

Thats like eating custard and sprouts. :thumbdown:

Mate your in a bit of a situation here,i know your really car proud and like to keep the mileage down fair doo's :thumbup: as we say up here in glasgow :thumbup: your boys 21 soon bite the bullet and buy him some other reasonable priced low insurance car THEN FATHER OF THE YEAR PREZZY SORTED.you take the astra,And the rcz stays molly cuddled :thumbup:

either that drive the rcz to work as i do and i am on the tools just now rewiring a factory so i wear overalls but i use a seat protector that i got as a xmas prezzy and save yourself a few grand :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Quite a few people at my workplace have started buying Peugeot 107s and Chickochenkos (spelling is well out on that :? ).

Both go like a little pocket rocket and require very little fuel.
I think the 107 either gets free tax or it's about £30 - well cheap.

Another chap swears by a 2003 Daewoo Tacuma (again, my spelling may be out on this).

There's often vehicles for sale at work. Happy to have a look and provide the details :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell,
Yes please, you can PM with anything you find , and you're only up the road :beer:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Quite a few people at my workplace have started buying Peugeot 107s and Chickochenkos (spelling is well out on that :? ).

Both go like a little pocket rocket and require very little fuel.
I think the 107 either gets free tax or it's about £30 - well cheap.

Another chap swears by a 2003 Daewoo Tacuma (again, my spelling may be out on this).

There's often vehicles for sale at work. Happy to have a look and provide the details :eusa-think:

I HAD 107 brand new for 4 days the noise in the cabin was defening :thumbdown: but saying that it was very fuel efficient and great fun to drive :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

i run a 61 plate focus onto a building site evryday ( a van is just a asking to be broken into ...even though it would be better for the job ) and i manage to keep it in top fettle , covers , regular cleaning , change of clothes ,ect so go on .. it makes sense to use it for work (rcz ) and then your in a good mood evryday and save some dollar also :dance:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Yes please, you can PM with anything you find , and you're only up the road :beer:

Will do - I'll have a look tomorrow (Monday 13). Won't be back on the PC 'til at least Wednesday (15th) though.

The Adverts change on a weekly basis, so I'll print-out whatever's there each week and PM them over to you.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
jactac said:

Will do - I'll have a look tomorrow (Monday 13). Won't be back on the PC 'til at least Wednesday (15th) though.

The Adverts change on a weekly basis, so I'll print-out whatever's there each week and PM them over to you.

:beer:

Nice one :beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Mel,
is your focus a diesel, if so is it 1.6 or 1.8

its the new shape 115 bhp 1.6 diesel in white :thumbup: :lol: :lol: must say build quality / dab radio / all 1st class i have run fords as my workhorse for years buy em new look after them .... never let me down just sold my last mk2 focus 7 years old 85000 miles petrol tyres + brakes in all that time a perfect car for someone .. but had to go as i had claimed all the money back on my books (self employed) i really to rate them :beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac. Why on gods earth do you not simply buy your lad a nice car for his birthday. Sell your workhorse and use the RCZ for work. The MPG will improve once you have run it in. Which at the rate you currently use it will take another 18months ! The seats are leather and easy to clean. It is a great car to drive. You already have it. How many more reasons to you need to drive an RCZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
@OO58RON:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac. Why on gods earth do you not simply buy your lad a nice car for his birthday. Sell your workhorse and use the RCZ for work. The MPG will improve once you have run it in. Which at the rate you currently use it will take another 18months ! The seats are leather and easy to clean. It is a great car to drive. You already have it. How many more reasons to you need to drive an RCZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron.
My job is a hands on dirt, dusty, inky sweaty job, Believe me the interior of the RCZ just would not stand up to it, as for wiping clean the leather, ummm I just dont think so, maybe a pressure washer :lol:

It would like using a Rolls as a taxi to and from a coal mine. Get the picture :!:

Then theres parking it, there are fork trucks, HGV's, white van man kamikaze deliveries, ect ect , the exterior would last less time than the interior .
I'm trying to paint a picture for you.

Oh I wish I had the luxury of going to work in the RCZ all spruced up a suit smelling of Brute and sitting at a desk knowing that Herbie would be sitting in the smooth, secure tarmaced car park all safe and sound, but the reality is that there are real dirty graffting jobs out there that need to use an appropriate vehicle simply as a "workhorse", and keep the best for other days, afterall it's only work so why the need for a car like an RCZ to get you there and back :?:

Unless of course it's an image thing or your type of work allows you to be able to get away with using such a car as an RCZ, mine simply dont.
I agree the car is there to be driven, but surely not destroyed in the process. :eek:

I work hard and dirty just to pay for the RCZ, I dont want the same place that pays my wage ruining it for me. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
OO58RON said:

Ron.
My job is a hands on dirt, dusty, inky sweaty job, Believe me the interior of the RCZ just would not stand up to it, as for wiping clean the leather, ummm I just dont think so, maybe a pressure washer :lol:

It would like using a Rolls as a taxi to and from a coal mine. Get the picture :!:

Then theres parking it, there are fork trucks, HGV's, white van man kamikaze deliveries, ect ect , the exterior would last less time than the interior .
I'm trying to paint a picture for you.

Oh I wish I had the luxury of going to work in the RCZ all spruced up a suit smelling of Brute and sitting at a desk knowing that Herbie would be sitting in the smooth, secure tarmaced car park all safe and sound, but the reality is that there are real dirty graffting jobs out there that need to use an appropriate vehicle simply as a "workhorse", and keep the best for other days, afterall it's only work so why the need for a car like an RCZ to get you there and back :?:

Unless of course it's an image thing or your type of work allows you to be able to get away with using such a car as an RCZ, mine simply dont.
I agree the car is there to be driven, but surely not destroyed in the process. :eek:

I work hard and dirty just to pay for the RCZ, I dont want the same place that pays my wage ruining it for me. :thumbdown:[/quote

Guess thats you told them jactac :thumbup: "Here endeth the lesson" :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Oh I wish I had the luxury of going to work in the RCZ all spruced up a suit smelling of Brute and sitting at a desk knowing that Herbie would be sitting in the smooth, secure tarmaced car park all safe and sound.....

I recognise myself there :thumbup:

Only difference is that mine's parked in the works Multi-Storey Car Park so it's kept nice and dry as well.
Asked them to put some heating in there also - got no response to my e-mail :wtf:

jactac said:
.....Herbie.....

:wtf: :eek: :eusa-think: :lol: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
I recognise myself there :thumbup:
Only difference is that mine's parked in the works Multi-Storey Car Park so it's kept nice and dry as well.
I wouldn't dare go near a multi-storey. I would be terrified of kerbing my alloys