What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Led brake light below spoiler

A

Anonymous

I have noticed that one of the led lights have went on the strip of led lights

Would you say this is a warranty job or a ware an tear ???

An can this be changed easy ??

hanswuk

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. Didn't realise until someone pointed it out to me a few days ago. I'll be asking my dealer in the near future about a warranty replacement but I think the whole strip will need to be replaced because I don't think each light is separate. Will report back.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have the same problem too. But mines intermitent. I was going to ask in May when I have my MOT and service.

A

Anonymous

I've been told by arnold clark it's not covered

Spoke to pug today an they have said that if they find it to be a fault then they will
Replace unit under warranty ...

But if they find it due to wear or tear they I'll have the bill .. Unit costs around 165 pounds then labour to fit

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You shouldnt need to get them to fit it. If its how I think it is, you just lift the spoiler up, couple of screws and a plug and your done.

Reaction score
Mine does the same one keeps comming on when it feels like it i priced one up at Peugeot & they wanted £90.00 ouch i think it will have to stay as it is.

hanswuk

Reaction score
The Peugeot UK retail price (pt.no. 6350KE) is £95.43 +VAT. I can source them for less but with a 6-8 week delivery time. However I'm still debating with myself whether or not this should be a warranty issue. Part of the reason for going with LED's is supposed to be their longevity, hence why most daytime running lights are LED's. For us to have to replace a whole LED lamp unit within 2-3 years is surely not normal or what was intended and I'm therefore tending towards the 'it should be covered under warranty' argument. :eusa-think:

Incidentally I saw another Dolphin Blue on the M42 near Solihull this morning and I am pretty sure that when he/she braked it had one LED light out. Perhaps more of us are suffering this problem than we realise; after all it's only when someone we know is behind us and tells us that we are aware of the issue.

A

Anonymous

Iv got my car booked in for Monday with a different garage so hopefully something gets done

Reaction score
Maybe we should all bombard Peugeot & say that this is a common fault & it shouldn't be happening, also I would be interested which of your led lights are out mine is the fourth one along from the right looking at the back of the car, if we all have the same one out this could be a manufacturing fault In the way the lights are put together, this would had strength to any claim under warranty unfortunately mines out of warranty :cry:

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
Perhaps more of us are suffering this problem than we realise; after all it's only when someone we know is behind us and tells us that we are aware of the issue.

Alternatively we could have a mass break lamp test at the Yorkshire Meet :lol:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
I have 2 x LEDs out on the strip in question.

Spoke to my local dealer who said that the unit as a whole would be covered under warranty.... only after I have paid £60 an hour to have it diagnosed (as it could be the wiring or something else)!! Am I right in thinking that LED's should last for AGES, and also, if it was wiring, the whole unit wouldn't work as the bulbs all plug into one unit - and the unit would be powered as a whole!!?

For those interested... the 2 bulbs I have out are about 1/4 of the way in from the LHS.

hanswuk

Reaction score
NATSPLATNAT said:
I have 2 x LEDs out on the strip in question.

Spoke to my local dealer who said that the unit as a whole would be covered under warranty.... only after I have paid £60 an hour to have it diagnosed (as it could be the wiring or something else)!! Am I right in thinking that LED's should last for AGES, and also, if it was wiring, the whole unit wouldn't work as the bulbs all plug into one unit - and the unit would be powered as a whole!!?

For those interested... the 2 bulbs I have out are about 1/ of the way in from the LHS.

If the part doesn't work it should be covered by the warranty, irrespective of the reason. Therefore I would say that any work they did to analyse why it had failed is irrelevant unless they uncover something that you did to the car to invalidate the warranty. The potential grey area that I thought dealers might use as an excuse not to replace under warranty is that bulbs are not covered (wear and tear items). However as LED lights should last indefinitely and you have to replace the complete light unit in this case, I would argue that it should be covered.

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
My pride n joy is booked into the garage this Friday... being covered under warranty is the LED high level brake light cluster unit and the sat-nav screen! They are also looking at the really annoying start-up engine rattle which they have never been able to diagnose other than offer to strip my engine at 10months old!! Have pointed them in the chain-tensioner and they looked suitably worried! Will update after it has been pampered!

A

Anonymous

Hi

My partners RCZ has just run out of warranty(24 hours) and they won't change the rear LED unit as one has gone, £100+ for a new one fitted!!

Has anyone taken the unit out and had a look at it, to see if it's repairable

Jim

tianorth

Reaction score
I think to be able to pass an mot 50% of the led have to work.

Well that's from when I had my bikes mot'ed.

Are the leds singular or on a strip? Anyone know?

A

Anonymous

just noticed I got one of the spoiler led brake light not working. Flickers sometimes.

A

Anonymous

Is it possible to replace a faulty light or does it need to go to a garage???