What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Knocking noise at low revs

A

Anonymous

I won't bore you with my level of frustration but the dealer has finally acknowleged that a freakin info flash exists for the knocking I have at the front of the car - the same as has been described in this thread. This repair hasn't been done yet, only acknowleged today so will update again when done.

I don't know if the info flash #s are different country to country but here in Australia I have:

Info Flash #: B3BW010GQ0
Effect on the customer: Knocking in the front axle
Conditions in which fault appears: Noises when driving, banging on poor roads
Origin: RH and/or LH upper damper mounting
After-sales repair: Replacement of the RH and/or LH upper damper mounting
Neccassary componants: 1 Upper damper mounting (Part number 5038.F7)

A

Anonymous

Glenn

Sadly, in my case, the dealer did apply the info flash fix but to no end as the noise continues. I have also taken the car to a different service company that I trust to do good work - but they were unable to find any cause. The noise continues and I am currently learning to live with it as it is relatively minor and all assure me that there is no safety issue.

A

Anonymous

Interesting to read posts on the knocking noise coming from passenger rear of cars. I have had my RCZ for 6 months now and this noise has just started and at times quite loud that I thought my exhaust was about to fall off so I will be paying a visit to the dealership. I previously owned a 307cc and had the exact same noise that no one could explain and I lived with it through no choice for 6 years which I won't do again. I will wait and see what dealership have to say this time!!!

A

Anonymous

I have an HDI sports model on 18 " alloys. The front damper mountings have been replaced. Still the same. :-( No one seems to know what to do.

A

Anonymous

An update. I took my car in last week to have the info flash noted by Glenn (above) and the car seems like new. So far no sign of the noise and I had forgotten what a pleasure to drive the car was without the annoyance of this rogue sound when travelling at low speed. I just hope it is permanent!

A

Anonymous

Totally forgot I hadn't followed up here.

In a nutshell the dealer replaced dampers as per the info flash, but no good. He asked to hold onto the car for a couple of days to really try and chase the issue down. Well it has now been a month since we got it back from that last service (30,000kms) and the knocking noise is gone. The words on the service read:

Excessive play in front sway bar link pins. Removed and replaced front sway bar links. Retensioned and lubricated all suspension componants.

So he reckons they just pulled it apart and put it back together again torqued to factory spec.

A

Anonymous

Glenn, pleased to see the trouble gone. My fix has done the trick so it looks like both the dampers and the sway bars is the go. Thanks for the heads up on the work required , it is much appreciated.