What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Kerbed Solstice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I'd just wait until there were all scuffed and get them fixed together :)

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Hope so buddy ,
i've checked a few local companies out on the net and will pop over to them tomorrow, i think theres two of them that i think can maybe sort it out !

I know its not the end of the world, but for the last 6 months i've managed to keep the "baby" totaly immaculate, honestly its like the day Marcus presented it to me.

Oh well, it was bound to happen one day :(

The rcz is so FRICKIN wide mate and its so easily done as forward vision is non existant,i hate parking the thing i am the same as you mate i couldnt live with anything like that on my car,i even dislike the ripples in the leather drivers seat :lol: they are minimal as i aint some heefer wrestler and aint used the car that much but i am not a fan of this design of leather seats,give me part leather/alcantara cloth seats anyday rather than full leather :lol:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
I'd just wait until there were all scuffed and get them fixed together :)

Oh i just couldnt do it :(

I can see other drivers looking at it from 50 yards :wtf:

Well ok thats a bit of a fib, but i know its there and it has to go :crazy:

I agree with jassy, that the RCZ is a nighmare in small places, i kirbed mine in a multi story car park, which MRs H suggested we use as we were running late, and I NEVER EVER EVER normally go near them :evil:

Why oh why did i listen :x

Mrs H and i have not discussed the kirbing in detail as it's a very sore point in the "H" household at the moment, and i'm waiting to see what my solicitor thinks about her reckless behaviour. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I agree with jassy, that the RCZ is a nighmare in small places, i kirbed mine in a multi story car park, which MRs H suggested we use as we were running late, and I NEVER EVER EVER normally go near them :evil:

Oh those kerbs are nasty :evil: , my OH has scuffed his RS alloys a couple of times in them, touch wood I've been ok so far.......

A

Anonymous

If you lower your door mirrors when parking this shouldnt happen.

A

Anonymous

Brad,
for me i clipped the high kirb as i was coming down the levels in the multi story car par, the room to corner is so small for an RCZ.
The mad thing is i was on the last level before the exit i had already gone up and come back down 8 levels . :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jactac said:
Mrs H and i have not discussed the kirbing in detail as it's a very sore point in the "H" household at the moment, and i'm waiting to see what my solicitor thinks about her reckless behaviour. :eusa-whistle:

:lol: :lol: My husband would do that if I kerbed his alloys.

I feel your pain Jactac :thumbdown: With my last car I went nearly three years before I got my first kerbing, then did it again within a matter of weeks. Best to get it sorted out as soon as possible.

A

Anonymous

I feel your pain. Mine got the edge taken off one by the damn tyre fitter. Not even by my own hands. Just got back from the local hospital. I discovered hat where I parked the previous time had become disabled only and there was a new multi storey for the rest of us. NO THANKS!!! I went around the back and found a spare bay in the staff parking area. Wrong I know, but I won't be talked into entering a Multi storey wheel damager for anyone.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I feel your pain. Mine got the edge taken off one by the damn tyre fitter.

I hope they shelled out for the repair! I would have been LIVID :evil: :evil: :evil:

A

Anonymous

To be honest Donna. I couldn't be bothered with the argument that would have ensued had I tackled them about it. Same thing happened with a different tyre company on my TT and they just denied doing the damage. The annoying thing for me, I gave him £10 tip, as I'd asked him to be special carful and I thought that he had, until I came to wash it the following day

A

Anonymous

Right i visited a couple of repairers today and decided on this chap http://alloyrefurb.net/default.aspx

Basicaly he didnt b******t me and also had some other wheels with the same sort of finish as the Solstice that he had repaired.
I was very impressed with the repair work.

Anyway I have to drop the wheel off to him tomorrow, but now i've had a bit of another scare, when i took the wheel off earlier today and went to put my spare on i found not much less than a 1/4 inch off water in the spare wheel well !

Now i know the boot is a pain when it rains and lets some water run over into the boot but i dont think it lets enough in to hold in the wheel well.

I have noticed that when i wash the car a lot of water goes down into the two drain holes that run along the boot edge, however it does not seem to then re-appear outside anywhere under the car until i reverse out onto level ground, so i'm wandering if these drain holes are filling up or blocked causing some water to back fill into the boot ?

Anyone else found water in the wheel well ?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
To be honest Donna. I couldn't be bothered with the argument that would have ensued had I tackled them about it. Same thing happened with a different tyre company on my TT and they just denied doing the damage. The annoying thing for me, I gave him £10 tip, as I'd asked him to be special carful and I thought that he had, until I came to wash it the following day

OMG, i dread they day i need to get a tyre changed.
The fitter will need to fill in one of my past experience scrutiny forms, his hands will need to be washed and his skin like a babies bottom, and the lubricant they use to ease the tyre onto the "rim" will be 100% KY GEL nothing less will do :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
OO58RON said:

OMG, i dread they day i need to get a tyre changed.
The fitter will need to fill in one of my past experience scrutiny forms, his hands will need to be washed and his skin like a babies bottom, and the lubricant they use to ease the tyre onto the "rim" will be 100% KY GEL nothing less will do :lol:

will that be the tingling KY jactac :lol:

A

Anonymous

I can see that this thread is going in the wrong direction m8.

We are going to be on the naughty table again. :? :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I can see that this thread is going in the wrong direction m8.

We are going to be on the naughty table again. :? :lol:

That will make a change ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.