What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just joined the forum

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I'm waiting to order my RCZ in December. I have to wait for some money to be released as I plan on paying in cash as I don't want a loan. I am going to order the GT 2.0 HDI as this will be my everyday car and I travel about 50 miles a day to and from work.

Still can't decide on the colour. I really like shark grey and charcoal. I have looked at the Dolphin blue but did not really like it in the flesh.

Anyone had any problems with speed bumps?

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve and :text-welcomewave: to the forum. You've got nerves of steel waiting until December to order, or do you mean December delivery? Don't forget the average 12 weeks' wait :lol: As for colour, have you seen the mercury grey in the flesh? Gorgeous, but neither photos nor the configuration tool do it justice. It was the showroom model at my dealer's and it hooked me right away. As for speed bumps my home town is littered with the darned things and I just have to go slowly (I think that's what's planned anyway) over them because my Hyundai coupe is VERY low so hopefully I won't notice any difference with the RCZ. Good luck with your waiting :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

I can also recommend the Mercury Grey. I think the car looks stunning in this colour. I've put some pics of mine in the gallery if you want to take a look.

A

Anonymous

Hi and welcome.

I'll echo Bangor's comments about the wait. You may want to consider ordering in Oct/Nov for delivery in December. Don't forget VAT rises to 20% in the New Year!!

As for colour...its a personal preference. I actually liked and have gone for Dolphin Blue. Shark Grey was my second choice but the other half preferred the Mercury Grey, so it's a good job we could agree on the blue.

One thing appears to be certain...(and you only have to look at the colour poll to confirm this)...most people appear to dislike the Amber Red! I think it's one of those colours you either love or hate and there's no inbetween.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies and the welcome to the forum.

I have seen one in Amber Red in the flesh and it just does not look right to me, but colour is definately a personal choice. My local showroom has one in Dolphin Blue, which was the colour I originally intended to get. My wife has kind of put me of this colour, but at the end of the day its still going to be my choice.

I will definately look at your gallery pictures of your Mercury Grey RCZ's because thats a colour I am also considering. The problem is seeing one in the flesh.

Unfortunately I can't order mine until December :cry: , hopefully for a March delivery. It's going to be a hell of a loooooong and frustrating wait.

I am a bit concerned about speed bump ground clearance because we have some monsters where I live and i don't want to be scraping mine. I am planning on another test drive before I order so I am hoping I can take the demo one over some of the worst speed bumps to check it will be okay.

Off to drool over the gallery pictures now. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

stevercz said:
Hi Steve,

I can also recommend the Mercury Grey. I think the car looks stunning in this colour. I've put some pics of mine in the gallery if you want to take a look.

Hi Steve,

Just looked at yours and it certainly looks fantastic in Mercury. :thumbup:

Cool number plate as well.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Hart :greetings-wavingblue:

It will be a bit of a wait for you but it will be worth it in the end. Whatever colour you choose, it will look stunning. I'd recommend going around a few dealers in your area to see if they have different colours available for you to see what they look like in the flesh. It may help you decide :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome RCZ1.

The waits already killing me. Unfortunately I can't actually place my order until 2nd December.

Good suggestion, I think I will ring around all the local dealers to see which colours they have as their demo's.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the welcome.

It looks like you are going to very very happy soon. I see yours was in Calais on the 21st.

A

Anonymous

Hi Hart

welcome to the forum

not had any problems with speed bumps (other than needing to go really slowly as the suspension is pretty firm)

A

Anonymous

Maf said:
Hi Hart

welcome to the forum

not had any problems with speed bumps (other than needing to go really slowly as the suspension is pretty firm)

Hi Maf,

Thanks for the info on speed bumps. I guess from everyones experience they do not seem to be a problem, as long as you take them slowly.

A

Anonymous

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

Still four and a half weeks until I can order my RCZ. I'm still going potty trying to decide which colour to order. I had a good look around a Shark Grey today, so I now have the coice down to Shark Grey or Nera Black. :crazy:

I really like black cars, but my current car is black and they only look good straight after a wash, as soon as you drive them they show up every bit of dirt.

Or should I check out the Charcoal again?????? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I'm biased - I've got a Nera Black one and when I bought mine I thought that was the obvious choice. However, after looking at the photos in the members gallery they all look stunning - don't think you can go wrong with any combination! :)

A

Anonymous

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Had some great news from a dealer today. I pick up my RCZ on 11th December. A dealer has mangaged to find me, from the Peugeot dealer stock, a Nera Black HDi GT with vision pack, black brake calipers, 19" Sortilege midnight silver alloys and black mistral leather.

I really wanted the black onyx soltice alloys but it was wait another four months and pay an extra £650 VAT or take this one. At the end of the day the alloys were not worth the wait and the extra VAT.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Congratulations Hart - that's really good news. :thumbup:

Once you've got the RCZ you won't even think twice about the alloys that you wanted. Hope the time goes by quickly for you :dance:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Once you've got the RCZ you won't even think twice about the alloys that you wanted. Hope the time goes by quickly for you :dance:

Thanks K.

I can't wait to get my hands on my own RCZ. I now need to start swotting up on car detailing. I have read lots of your posts and it has opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking after my cars.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hart said:
RCZ1 said:

Thanks K.

I can't wait to get my hands on my own RCZ. I now need to start swotting up on car detailing. I have read lots of your posts and it has opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking after my cars.

I'm not keen on this time of year, the car doesn't stay clean for too long - much better in the summer. I think I'll became neurotic this winter - especially having a white car - maybe I should have gone for black :D

A

Anonymous

Fantastic news, Hart. :clap: Not long now 'til you're a proud owner :dance: and the alloys will be of small consequence (although I LOVE my onyx soltice ones) :lol: . Don't forget to post pics when you take possession (or become possessed!!!).