What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Joske from Belgium

A

Anonymous

Any news from the dealer yet? RCZ's seem to be getting trough at an awesome pace these last weeks.

A

Anonymous

Well I've been waiting since the 5th of December, and have not heard a damn thing from my dealer...even though I should be getting it next week. In the UK they release the new bi-annual registration number in March, so I was expecting a little courtesy call to let me know where my car was or when I could plan to pick it up...so I patiently wait....either that or I'll just call the dealership on friday! haha

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ_84 said:
Well I've been waiting since the 5th of December, and have not heard a damn thing from my dealer...even though I should be getting it next week. In the UK they release the new bi-annual registration number in March, so I was expecting a little courtesy call to let me know where my car was or when I could plan to pick it up...so I patiently wait....either that or I'll just call the dealership on friday! haha

I'd give them a ring if I were you. Best to know what the update is - they can check the progress of your car on their computer system :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yea they said that last time I called them in Jan, but said that they couldnt find out where the car was up to and that they will only know the date that I can pic it up once the car reaches Calais...then its up to 2 weeks from then. TBH my dealer hasnt exactly been the greatest, the reason I bought the RCZ was because the initial visit to them made me actually feel like they wanted to sell me a car...unlike the VW dealer. Tables seemed to have turned now, every single time there has been contact with the dealer, its been me contacting them!...oh sorry, I lie, they called me a day after the date I was supposed to pay off the car (as snow had prevented me from getting to the dealer) asking me when I was coming into pay for it! I went to VW dealer 2 weeks ago just to have an oggle at the Scirocco, and felt like I had made the wrong decision about buying a Peugeot...just because of the customer interact and their willing attitude!...then again it could have had something to do with the little white lie about me wanting to buy a new VW in the next week!...at the end of the day it seems that all dealers are the same...they just want your money

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
Yea they said that last time I called them in Jan, but said that they couldnt find out where the car was up to and that they will only know the date that I can pic it up once the car reaches Calais...then its up to 2 weeks from then. TBH my dealer hasnt exactly been the greatest, the reason I bought the RCZ was because the initial visit to them made me actually feel like they wanted to sell me a car...unlike the VW dealer. Tables seemed to have turned now, every single time there has been contact with the dealer, its been me contacting them!...oh sorry, I lie, they called me a day after the date I was supposed to pay off the car (as snow had prevented me from getting to the dealer) asking me when I was coming into pay for it! I went to VW dealer 2 weeks ago just to have an oggle at the Scirocco, and felt like I had made the wrong decision about buying a Peugeot...just because of the customer interact and their willing attitude!...then again it could have had something to do with the little white lie about me wanting to buy a new VW in the next week!...at the end of the day it seems that all dealers are the same...they just want your money

Peugeot has made fame in " bread and butter " cars. I have heard many stories of dealers that are unable to handle " premium" customers. I ordered mine because I wanted one. Not because I liked the dealership or the way they sold the car to me. We also ordered a new BMW and their they know how to treat their customers.
They all want your money....some can hide that fact better then others....My two cents.

A

Anonymous

With this being my first car that I've bought, and being relatively young, possibly my naivety, I did expect a little more from the dealer. I work as an engineer where I am constantly in contact with customers and so I have come to realise that the customers are a. always right b. always grateful for an email with an update of how their order is progressing or even a project plan...with contingency. Not being able to supply a customer with a delivery date 12 weeks after the full balance has been paid is pretty shocking...after 7/8 weeks they should know at least a build date. But to be honest as much as I have a little rant, its only because I am soooooo looking forward to this car...Like nothing I've ever had a hankering for....not even Kirstin Kreuk.... ok actually maybe less than the hankering for her! But seriously the dealer has been polite with me and put up with my nagging for a delivery date but its the least I expected after parting with enough cash to go travelling around the world for a year...with spare change.

With regards to Peugeot not knowing how to deal with "premium" customers, this really worries me that it is common knowledge, but just because they make bread and butter cars, this does not mean that they do not treat the customers with the same respect and enthusiasm as BMW, Lexus or Audi dealers...this is a major flaw in Peugeot management that allows this to become an accepted image (for want of a better word) for Peugeot to portray. Its bad enough that when I mention I'm buying a Peugeot (currently own a cracking 206) there is a sigh and a frown...and then quite literally everyone says..."you do know about their reliability/build quality".

But hey...I'm still freaking excited for my RCZ and a two finger wave to those who have negative comments!...after all I have this forum for RCZ love!

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
E-mailed my dealer yesterday concerning the RCZ scalemodel (1/43). He answered me this morning, and in the same mail he wrote that it's possible that my RCZ will be delivered this month. They had a lot of deliveries this week from cars who were promised half or end march. :dance:

Joske

Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from the dealer to inform me that my RCZ arived. Duh. (salesperson had 2 days off)

The delivery agenda is so full for the next week and a half that he asked me if he could show my RCZ in the showroom during the launchweekend of the 508 19-20 march. He promised me that the doors will be locked the whole weekend and that I receive a limited framed designsketch in return. :dance:
So delivery will take place the week after march 20th. :D

First pics can be found in the Member's Gallery. I christened her "Madame eRCeeZet" (like you pronounce it in Dutch) Her real name is exotic enough for me. :beer:

A

Anonymous

You are being very tolerant with your delaer, Joske. My patience and goodwill is rapidly dissapearing.

Joske

Reaction score
Why? Normal delivery was planned April 12th.

I ordered my RCZ in a small dealership with in total 6 people working there. If you saw how many cars there were delivered this week who were promised half or end march, I can't blame them for putting mine in the showroom for a few days. On the other hand it gives me time to do all the paperwork witch I need to do for selling my 206.

I've been waiting for 7 weeks now, those 2 weeks extra are just a minor. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Just what you were saying earlier, Joske. That once you had ordered and got a phone call to pay, you became another ordinary citizen. Mehtinks the delay is less about other customers and more about them having your pretty car sitting in their showroom for other people to see. So basically you're free advertising for them.

Sorry, feeling a bit bitter and jaded this morning. You will love your car no less once you get it.

A

Anonymous

It's worth the wait. Had mine for 3 days now and over 600 miles on the clock...can't stop wanting to drive it :)

Love the bike also..I'm afraid I had to sell my last 2 bikes (pressure from the other half !) a ZXR 750 H1 and a hobby bike KR1S but still dream of an SP2. Also I see you go to one of my haunts the Vosges ..Spend time in Colmar and Mullhouse (easy access to both germany and Switzerland) lovely area, and lots of wine .

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 wrote
With this being my first car that I've bought, and being relatively young, possibly my naivety, I did expect a little more from the dealer. I work as an engineer where I am constantly in contact with customers and so I have come to realise that the customers are a. always right b. always grateful for an email with an update of how their order is progressing
I also work as an engineer and manage the production of a number of products through several manufacturers overseas and like you I also know how important prompt communication is when your working by email. The sales rep at my dealer never responded to email or phone messages. Three times I had to turn up at the showroom to find out answers to emails that were not even acknowledged - including two emails when placing my order. It turns out it wasn't the dealer but the sales rep who was the problem. Since their last stuff up I'm now dealing direct with the sales manager and everything is now where it should be.

You are within your rights to expect full courtesy from your dealer. This RCZ I've ordered will be my 6th new car in 25 years and I've come to know what to expect from car dealerships. Each of my cars has been an upgrade in prestige and each time the level of service and respect from the dealership has increased, so it was very disappointing to discover such a poor level of service from this dealer. My experience has shown you can't rely on them to keep you updated so you have to keep pushing them for dates and answers. Once they know you won't just sit back and wait they'll be more likely to include you.

Joske

Reaction score
Glenn said:
Just what you were saying earlier, Joske. That once you had ordered and got a phone call to pay, you became another ordinary citizen. Mehtinks the delay is less about other customers and more about them having your pretty car sitting in their showroom for other people to see. So basically you're free advertising for them.

Sorry, feeling a bit bitter and jaded this morning. You will love your car no less once you get it.

Pay? I pay the car when I get hands on the keys. :thumbup:

They asked me if it was ok to put my car in the showroom, if I say I don't want it they keep her in the workshop.
I really need the next 2 weeks to fix the paperwork for the 206. All appointments were made, I now have to reschedule them to fit in 2 weeks in stead of 6. :?

A

Anonymous

Joske, my apologies, I have mixed up RCZ_84's posts as yours. Sorry, old mate.

A

Anonymous

My experience has shown you can't rely on them to keep you updated so you have to keep pushing them for dates and answers. Once they know you won't just sit back and wait they'll be more likely to include you.

I actually popped over to my dealer for an impromptu test drive on Saturday (first drive since I ordered it...crazy I know, but only just recovered fully from a broken ankle - see "my story so far" post), and to be honest, when face to face with the sales man, I felt a lot more assured about ordering the car and after a test drive with the ol' boy, you do realise they are human too. However saying all that I have been frustrated with the lack of communication and the frustration that I have had to contact the dealer for delivery / build dates, even more so after seeing that one person on this forum ordered their RCZ on the 31st of Dec 2010 and is taking delivery in the coming week, where as I ordered mine nearly 3 weeks earlier than them, and have only recently been informed (after my pestering) my car is due to be built on Tue 8th March! On average (from what I can tell) UK customers expect at least a further 14-16 day wait from the build date to actually getting the keys!!...I was expecting, from the impression I got after discussions with the dealership, delivery 1st/2nd week in march, now its looking like 3rd/4th week...but there is nothing that can be done about it apart from bug the sales man for a delivery date and just suck it up and wait.

I just want my "TT moment"...or that feeling when you are in a busy petrol station filling the beast up and the admiring glances.

In the mean time I'll just drool over your RCZs

(Sorry for turning Joske's post in to a port to vent my frustration!!)