What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Joske from Belgium

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
Let me introduce myself and my car-history. :mrgreen:

Name: Jo (but that's way to short for a lot of registrations on the internet -> Joske)
Location: Sint-Huibrechts-Hern -> This is a verry small village in the east of Flanders (Haspengouw, know from it's apple 'Jonagold')
Marital Status: Happy single :mrgreen:

Hobby's:
- Supporter of Club Brugge KV
- Co-founder of Pug Drivers Belgium vzw, we are a carclub for Peugeot enthousiast, cars younger than 25 years, for the other cars, there's a Belgium Club for Old Peugeots (BCOP). We celebrated our 5th anivarsary this year.

Car-history
from 2000 till 2003: 1987 Peugeot 309 GLD

from 2003 till ...: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.4HDi
Car has a long list of aftermarket modifications (entire story can be found here @ Peugeotforum.be
Summertrim:

Winter:

from 2009 till ...: 1991 Peugeot 309 GTi16 (with the original from the factory mounted well known MI16 engine)

At the moment she looks like this:

It's a very long project, it started whit refurbishing the rear axle. :oops: :oops: :oops: Hopefully the temperature get's up a bit soon, so I can lift the engine out and send the body away to remove all the rust en repaint it.

And for the day's to the Eifel or Ardennes I have a 2001 Honda VFR800fi

Here ready for a week Vosges.

When everything goes according to plan, I will order my RCZ in January during Brussels Motorshow. And with a bit of luck it will be delivered to my on my 30th birthday. :happy-wavemulticolor:

Wishlist for the RCZ:
- Bleu Tuanaka (Dolphin blue)
- 19" 'Solstice' Anthra Grey
- Leather Nappa Lama
- Pack JBL Hifi
- Interior Sports Kit

And for the engine probably the HDI, but there's a very small chance that it would be the THP200. It will be my daily drive, and whene I calculate the total cost of ownership, the HDI would be the better option here in Belgium. (Still waitin' for the testdrive with the THP200)

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum Joske :wave:

Whatever spec you choose, you've clearly got good taste, & won't be disappointed. Had my 2.0 HDi for 4 weeks now, and I can't drive it enough-it's fab!

You will definately find the guys 'n' gals on here eager to share your excitement & enthusiasm! Good Luck :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Wow Joske, what a real Peugeot enthusiast you are :thumbup:

You won't be disappointed with the RCZ either when you order it in January. In the meantime you will find lots of information on here to keep you going until that fabulous day arrives :dance:

Welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi Joske and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: . No need to welcome you to the world of Peugeot :lol: :lol: :lol: , think you could qualify for senior member in THAT club ;) . Hope the wait for the RCZ isn't took long and it does indeed arrive for your birthday.

Joske

Reaction score
Visited the dealer today. :dance: :dance:

Wishlist for the RCZ:
- Gris Haria (used to be: Bleu Tuanaka (Dolphin blue))
- Leather Nappa Lama
- Pack JBL Hifi
- Interior Sports Kit

There stood a Gris Haria RCZ in the showroom, and the color is :drool: :drool: :police:
If I want it with al that specs, I have to wait untill the end of March

If I want the 19" Sortilege, black leather trim and without the Pack JBL Hifi it can be delivered this month. :cool:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Go for it Joske.

I have the standard stereo in the RCZ and I'm very pleased with it. The sound quality is great so not sure you would really miss having the JBL upgrade :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I'd agree with RCZ1. My wife wanted the JBL upgrade, but I stuck to my guns (it's about the only thing on the car she did'nt choose), & even she say's that the sound quality of the standard system is very good, with different sound settings ie. Pop/Rock, Techno, Classic etc! Well I say standard, it's the one that's come with my Sat Nav system....I'm assuming that it's the standard system!

A

Anonymous

Hi Joske,

I also went for the standard sound system. When I had a test drive the car was fitted with the JBL option, but to be perfectly honest I could not see what you were getting for an additional £410.

:beer:

Joske

Reaction score
I think I'll take the few months extra waiting. If I pay that much for a car, I want it to be exactly the way I want it without compromises.
I found a dealer a few kilometers away that has a Bleu Tuanake RCZ in the showroom. Untill now I had to judge the color on the internet.

A

Anonymous

Those wheel rims are the ones I have on Freddie, the first black ones I've ever owned and I have to say they are SOOOOOO easy to clean. And for a lazy so-and-so like me :oops: that's always a huge bonus. Since buying Freddie I've started to become obsessive about his detailing but anything that makes it easier is always a :thumbup: and that includes the wheels. But, as has been said, each to his/her own. We have to live with our choices so no-one else can sway our decisions. I'm sure you won't regret the wait.

Joske

Reaction score
Joske said:
I really really don't like black wheels. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:thumbup:

After my visit to the dealer yesterday were they have a demo-RCZ in Tuanake Blue, the decision is made. Back to my first thoughts.
- Bleu Tuanaka (Dolphin blue)
- Leather Nappa Lama
- Pack JBL Hifi
- Interior Sports Kit

A

Anonymous

It's nearly April ;-) I like the car you configured. The leather looks great with the blue paint. I secretly wanted a HDI. But my hubby would not let me...