What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

John Harrison Peugeot (Nottingham) 40th Anniversary Meet

2retro

Reaction score
Re: John Harrison Peugeot (Nottingham) 40th Anniversary Mee

And if any other incentive to attend is needed, how about this:

Attachments

• french_cars_facebook.jpg
    french_cars_facebook.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9,447

smarty

Reaction score

Is they a parking area for rcz forum, what would best time to arrive ,

RCZ1

Reaction score

The RCZs are going to be parked together I believe. The event starts from 12.30pm but I think people are starting to arrive from 11.30am

A

Anonymous

If anybody wants to look cool and turn up together, a few of user are meeting here just before

11:30
Fosse Shopping Park
Fosse Park Ave
Leicester LE19 1HY

(outside Currys)

A

Anonymous

Bowerz said:
If anybody wants to look cool and turn up together, a few of user are meeting here just before

11:30
Fosse Shopping Park
Fosse Park Ave
Leicester LE19 1HY

(outside Currys)

Nice one BowerZ :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Thank you to everyone who attended yesterday's Meet at John Harrison Peugeot. In total we had 14 RCZs plus JHP's RCZ R.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable day and the weather was superb. There were competitions (of which our team won second prize - me, Chris and Jeff). We had a great drive in convoy through some lovely villages. We even ended up with some Ferrari's in our convoy :)

Thanks to all the staff at John Harrison Peugeot for organising the day and giving up their days off to help make it a great success.

A few photos from me of the cars at The Workhouse.

RCZash

Reaction score

I second the enjoyable day, good to see the RCZ in numbers, nice pics sorry I didn`t make the photo shoot. But where were the The Peugeot Sport Club numbers, and the Peugeot Rally simulator and the big names from Peugeot.
No heritage cars, French market stalls, bouncy castle, music, or giveaways. The dealership let themselves down ? :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Jeff, I think that we should be thanking JHP for putting the day on in the first place. How many other dealers have done the same? JHP hope to make this an annual event so maybe if more members from PSCUK attend in the future there may be more entertainment etc provided. You must remember that all those things cost money so if the numbers from other we're not as high as planned, then you can understand their reluctance to pay for all of these things. In conclusion, we didn't need any of those things and you really missed out on the drive and The Workhouse.

A

Anonymous

Well wrapper, you certainly couldn't have been more wrong.

It was about the fun of the day and appreciating some great cars. A good event that was organised very well with an enjoyable route!

And to top it off I won a lovely Peugeot watch from the quiz (I can hear you all shouting 'fix!')

2retro

Reaction score

Yep, it was a great way to spend a sunny July afternoon. All the people smiling and waving as a convoy of RCZ's cruised their way though the villages and countryside was particular highlight but fancy a couple of Ferrari's trying to muscle in on the action! lol :cool:

Thanks to everyone who managed to make it on the day - it was very nice to meet you all and to see all those fantastic RCZ's together too. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Bowerz said:
Well wrapper, you certainly couldn't have been more wrong.

I suspect that this is intended in jest(?) but, just for clarity, this isn't wrapper.

A

Anonymous

I was replying to the 3rd comment on this thread which certainly says it was from him?

A

Anonymous

Bowerz said:
I was replying to the 3rd comment on this thread which certainly says it was from him?

Aaah...I see. My apologies. It appeared (to me) that you were directing it towards RCZAsh. I stand corrected and you stand...well...correct. :D

RCZash

Reaction score

RCZash here just to clarify. I spoke to Duncan at the Yorkshire meet and he really talked this event up. Also in the post here there is, I presume, an ad from a local paper, these activities were not there, disappointing for anyone who turned up. They are not why I did. Although I had considered making it an afternoon outing with the family. luckily they chose our village fete instead. It would of been easy for Duncan on the day to say sorry but due to circumstances beyond our control etc. but lets not let that spoil the event, he did not, and it did not for me. I would of liked to have joined the convoy for the photo shoot but wanted to get back for the evening BBQ, or more importantly to see the kids and especially the grandkids before they went to bed as it was my last opportunity to see them before going in to hospital for my op on Wednesday. I do not know when I will be driving again but I am hoping to make the Welsh event. :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ1

Reaction score

I spoke to Duncan on Saturday when he explained this is the first time they have held an event like this. Unfortunately with all the best laid plans things do not work out as we would wish. Numbers from PSCUK not attending is of course one of them.

I do understand what you are saying and if people had brought their children along especially for the attractions then of course they would have been disappointed.

I know from personal experience, planning Meets, how much time, stress and uncertainty these things entail. Anyone who takes up the challenge to arrange anything like this should be thanked not derided. It always ends up costing the organiser money one way or another so trying to keep costs down is always a concern.

I hope everything goes ok with your OP on Wednesday Jeff.

renegade79

Reaction score

RCZ1 said:

I hope everything goes ok with your OP on Wednesday Jeff.

here here :thumbup: