What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPhone 4 rcz

A

Anonymous

Sorry not been on for a bit been farming any but does any one know how or if you can play the music off your I phone threw the nav radio thanks olly

A

Anonymous

I'm streaming music via Bluetooth from my Nokia E71 to the standard radio. There was an option in the radio menus to configure an audio streaming device. Assume something similar under the nav Radio.

Assume you could also just plug it in to the Aux USB port.

A

Anonymous

tryed pluging into usb but that didnt work mid you i have only just got phone and it was the first thing i pluged it in to

A

Anonymous

i've streamed via bluetooth from my iphone (onto the std radio, not the one that comes with satnav)

i've also plugged a usb key into the port (albeit loaded with files in .wma format) - this is neat, as it picks up the folder and file names and shows them on the radio display (helpful if your media player downloads tracknames when ripping from cd)

A

Anonymous

I can confirm that the iPhone 4 works via Bluetooth and the USB.

A

Anonymous

Have tried using the USB stick with a mixture of Mp3's and an album with WMA and the WMA files don't seem to work! Anybody got any ideas?

A

Anonymous

just a guess but It might be something to do with the way your stick is formatted?

A

Anonymous

goldbadger said:
I can confirm that the iPhone 4 works via Bluetooth and the USB.
can you get your music to play on sat nav radio as well ? thanks olly

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm new, just got my car, 156 GT Shark Grey and love it to bits :) The dealer connected my phone via bluetooth - standard radio and i put the music player on and the radio picked it up lovely BUT once the 1st track ends it comes up as 'pause' on the display screen and I can't get it to play on. The phone plays the whole collection of music without pausing (Samsung Tocco Lite). I can't see how the is a 'play' button to override the pause and I don't know why it doesn't just keep playing what is on the phone - I am no tekkie whatsover so..... anyone here got any ideas? thks L

A

Anonymous

just to update i can only make calls threw my iphone and carnt seem to get music off phone to play either threw usb or blue thooth can any one help thanks olly

A

Anonymous

Doesn't iPhone store songs as mp4? The RCZ won't play that format.

A

Anonymous

My iphone (3gs) usually plays happily via Bluetooth, but only when the music has already been selected on the phone. It does occasionally refuse to do anything but 'pause', but my theory is that this is when it reaches the end of the selection and doesn't know what to do next (I haven't tested this tho' as I found the easiest thing to do was to create a big playlist in iTunes then set that off to play.

I have also connected the phone via it's USB cable to the port under the armrest - this seems to give a few more scrolling options, but not total control. I think the software in the car is set up to expect MP3 format and iPhone uses AAC. iTunes will let you convert stored music to MP3, so one day will try loading everything to a stick and plugging that in.....but haven't had time for such frivolity so far!

Radio is the standard one.

A

Anonymous

I have also connected the phone via it's USB cable to the port under the armrest - this seems to give a few more scrolling options, but not total control. I think the software in the car is set up to expect MP3 format and iPhone uses AAC. iTunes will let you convert stored music to MP3, so one day will try loading everything to a stick and plugging that in.....but haven't had time for such frivolity so far!

Radio is the standard one.[/quote]

I'm using my touch 3rd gen with the USB cable. I get to choose the artist listed by alphabet and can scroll down and choose to play that artist or just play them all in order one after the other, but that's it. The dealer thinks a USB stick is better with MP3 and playlists.

A

Anonymous

marianne said:
My iphone (3gs) usually plays happily via Bluetooth, but only when the music has already been selected on the phone. It does occasionally refuse to do anything but 'pause', but my theory is that this is when it reaches the end of the selection and doesn't know what to do next (I haven't tested this tho' as I found the easiest thing to do was to create a big playlist in iTunes then set that off to play.

Radio is the standard one.
Dose your radio have the sat nav thanks olly

A

Anonymous

Olly, I would be surprised if the sat nav radio was different to the standard in terms of iphone playback. Sounds a silly question Olly but have you changed the source on the radio, if you make calls then surely it will play songs. Also my iPhone 4 plays music via the usb port.

My radio is standard by the way.

A

Anonymous

The think about the ports on the RCZ is as follows I havedone a little research if this helps):

The USB port is for ipods/iphones/sticks etc but will only play MP3 type music. So if any of your devices have normal apple download files (in wav or such like) they will not show up or play. However the MP3 type will.Hence a long playlist/album list puntuated with wav/audio and MP3 files will only show the MP3. Peugeot did not make the USB port universal across the board - hence the above.
The jack port will play classic ipods (bricks) - but i have found I cannot scroll through on the screen etc as the ipod has to be controled from its own dial. So when you have played analbum..say, you have to open the armrest and finger around to your next playlist etc?
Unless anyone else knows how to use the jack and what can go into this input?
Thats the current form as i know it. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Further to my note above. I have noticed a comment that Apple - when downloading can convert files to MP3. This is true by default, but the quality of apple conversion to MP3 is not good.
Far better to use a 'ripper' application called : winLAME - whic gives quite good quality.

Just thought users ought to know.

A

Anonymous

I have the Satnav system and plugging my iPhone 4 to the USB port only charges it.

I can't seem to connect to the media in it at all. Can anybody help?

A

Anonymous

It doesn't work with the iPhone 4. I took mine back and the garage said we need to wait for them to update software. Can't even stream via Bluetooth either. I use the hdd and USB stick now. My only let down on the RCZ.